X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hack attempt?

Hey guys,
    I just noticed this on my MyAW page,
    21 Jun 2007 21:05:38 Incorrect password given 24.251.203.163 ip24-251-203-163.ph.ph.cox.netNow this is NOT my expected IP range nor provider and is obviously someone doing something they shouldn't.
    Doing a WHOIS,
    Cox Communications Inc. NETBLK-COX-ATLANTA-8 (NET-24-248-0-0-1)
    24.248.0.0 - 24.255.255.255
    Cox Communications NETBLK-PH-RDC-24-251-0-0 (NET-24-251-0-0-1)
    24.251.0.0 - 24.251.255.255
    Should I be worried about this? I've only noticed it this once so I guess I'll keep an eye out. So this is also a heads up to everyone else to maybe keep an eye on your logins.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We take hacking our site very seriously, and we do have measures in place to prevent it.

However there is no need to be worried about this, only one attempt was made to access your account.

If you ever think that your account is compromised get in touch with our support team and they will check out the problem, we can change you password.

I would stress that it is good security to keep the random password we provide, rather than choose an easy one yourself.

Comment

I'm not worried about any guessing my password, I keep a "strong" password however in a previous thread (http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle...ead.php?t=7549) Abby says passwords are conveyed in plaintext emails instead of a secure connection.
      This is probably why I am a little bit worried.

Comment

If it shows in the list as a failed attempt, that means they don't know your password. They are just guessing, probably gathering your username from another source (such as these boards, or some other place on the web where they saw the name).

What you should be looking for is a successful login attempt from the wrong IP, not an unsuccessful one.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
        Working...
        X