List order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List order

I'd like to be able to control the order of images in lists by entering them in the desired order, and have first entered images appear first in the list. All I'm able to do is get first entered to appear last. Is there a way to reverse order that I haven't found? The custom order feature is swamped for list sizes in thousands. I'd like not to have to enter a list, and then post a notice with it saying "this list is backwards, please hit the reverse button." I can reverse my entry sequence, but new entries to keep the list current appear right at the top of the list, not at the end, and they can't be moved.

I'm not sure I entirely understand. Custom ordering CAN move all images in a list to any place you like. If you make a list of thousands of pictures, well yeah that becomes a lot of work

You can provide a link which has sorting set the way you want though; http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?...=-1&sort=ctime , just replace 4287 with your listnumber.

Easiest solution to your overall problem would be a default-sort-order per list.

The part about 'they can't be moved' remains confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur View Post
      I can reverse my entry sequence, but new entries to keep the list current appear right at the top of the list, not at the end, and they can't be moved.
      Maybe you should temporarily re-sort your list to 'newest first', make your additions, then re-sort again to 'oldest first'.

Comment

On page extras > MyAw > edit list there is not a reverse button. Make a small list, and you’ll see. It currently is not possible to make a list that defaults to date added in forward order, unless there is a trick to it that I haven’t found.

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur View Post
          On page extras > MyAw > edit list there is not a reverse button. Make a small list, and you’ll see. It currently is not possible to make a list that defaults to date added in forward order, unless there is a trick to it that I haven’t found.
          No , you're correct. What I was suggestion would be a change/addition to the current list functionality.

Comment

I'll enter images in design order, and use a model sort for now. When forward date order becomes an option, I'll switch.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X