Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waaaayyyyy back earlier this year when I was on the boards fairly regularly the behavior was such that when I logged into the boards I saw what was new in order from newest to oldest. In addition there were posts that I may have seen the time before but maybe had not read all of them. The behavior seems to have changed now.

Last night I logged in a made a couple of replies. This morning I went to the main site and viewed a few items and the profiles of models. Then I went to the boards and there was only 1 new post showing with a notation that my previous login to the boards was 45 minutes earlier. So there was only 1 new post in that 45 minutes.

My question is what happened to the ability to see other posts that are recent but that I may not have seen? Also why would viewing a models profile reset my last board login timestamp when I didn't actually GO to the boards. I know that the next tab over is boards threads, but going there shouldn't mess up my ability to see all the new posts in other threads.

Anyway, it used to be different (and in that case different was better for me).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Spud

For several months I've had similar experience, sometimes during a current session and I resort to looking at dates. Figured it was something here at home. Doesn't always happen so bet it would take days to find bug as I can't reproduce at will.

Comment

When you log in for whatever reason, get interrupted, and "miss" a bunch of new posts, there's an easy way to see what you missed...

Go to the menu at the top, hit Quick Links, and the first quick link is Today's Posts, which give you all of the posts from that last 24 hours (I think). Thanks to VidDude who showed me that trick months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSpud View Post
        My question is what happened to the ability to see other posts that are recent but that I may not have seen? Also why would viewing a models profile reset my last board login timestamp when I didn't actually GO to the boards. I know that the next tab over is boards threads, but going there shouldn't mess up my ability to see all the new posts in other threads.
        It doesn't mess up your ability to see anything. It DOES however update the last-time your were on the forum because everytime you view a profile of any model or shoot (regardless if you actually view the forum thread, it always gets loaded) you do in fact access the forum.

The only way to prevent that would be to log out from the forum prior to viewing any shoots. If you accidentally log-out of the forums (remove the cookie or such) that will prevent it to.

As Arsby pointed out there is a way to see the posts from the last 24 hours, sorted descending.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSpud View Post
          This morning I went to the main site and viewed a few items and the profiles of models.
          *ding ding ding* When you visit a model's profile, their 'boards' tab loads behind the scenes, and this counts as a "visit". So when you return to the boards, it only shows what's appeared since your last "visit" which would've been mere minutes previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude View Post
            *ding ding ding* When you visit a model's profile, their 'boards' tab loads behind the scenes, and this counts as a "visit". So when you return to the boards, it only shows what's appeared since your last "visit" which would've been mere minutes previously.
            BUT they used to show other posts older than my last visit timestamp if I had not viewed them. It seems to me that there was even a comment to that effect. I knew about getting all the posts in the last 24 hours but what if I was gone for 25?

Or am I remembering things that didn't exist?

Note to self: Recheck QuickLinks

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read.
            Last edited by BigSpud; 18 August 2007, 12:13 PM. Reason: Add new discovery in note to self

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X