Drew R & Em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drew R & Em

In the last two frame of this shoot there is a white strip appearing on top with this written on it "Tuesday, 21 august 2007 PP daily goals". Why is this?

Originally posted by casgrain View Post
    In the last two frame of this shoot there is a white strip appearing on top with this written on it "Tuesday, 21 august 2007 PP daily goals". Why is this?
    The logo should be there, edit-mistake I'd guess.

Good thing my favourite pics of that set occur earlier

Hmm.. I'll mail Abby about this, it's not something tech support can fix.
    Last edited by Frans; 15 September 2007, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Oh boy, I can already see Abby cracking the whip!

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman View Post
        Oh boy, I can already see Abby cracking the whip!
        Maybe it's time to start delegating. Who do we know who's good with a paddle?

Comment

Originally posted by MightySpork View Post
          Maybe it's time to start delegating. Who do we know who's good with a paddle?
          Yeah but would that have the desired effect of preventing mistakes you think ?

I'm trying to figure out what that text is in the pics and how it got there. All the pics in a set get the logo in one batch run as far as I know so how in the world did two pics end up different? Hmm.. where's the program info page again.. oh wait, got a party tonight so that'll have to wait a bit

Comment

On the plus side, anyone who downloads those two pictures before they get fixed will have rare collector's items. (Yeah, I know: Digital collectibles, what a lame concept.)

Comment

On the plus side, anyone who downloads those two pictures before they get fixed will have rare collector's items. (Yeah, I know: Digital collectibles, what a lame concept.)
              Yes, I know how that goes Spork. When I would scan and post pics, people who were collectors of my scans would often save pictures that I did as an example of something to show someone. These were considered collector's items and were often sought after by other collectors. I had to be careful what I posted, otherwise there would be pictures floating around that weren't in my CRC list, so there was no way to verify that they were authentic scans of mine.(I didn't save these pictures, since they weren't part of my collections).

Comment

Hey, Dekoda, I just realized that I may have accidentally dissed you in my last post. I had forgotten your interesting background, and also had forgotten that I used to enjoy scans myself many years ago. And they are collectibles, in the sense that it can take some hunting to find the ones you want, but -- and this is the irony that inspired my remark -- anything so easily reproduced isn't really rare in the same way a physical object can be. But overall, it's not such a "lame concept," and I regret my remark.

Comment

Hey, Dekoda, I just realized that I may have accidentally dissed you in my last post. I had forgotten your interesting background, and also had forgotten that I used to enjoy scans myself many years ago. And they are collectibles, in the sense that it can take some hunting to find the ones you want, but -- and this is the irony that inspired my remark -- anything so easily reproduced isn't really rare in the same way a physical object can be. But overall, it's not such a "lame concept," and I regret my remark.
                  No, don't feel bad about it Spork, you were right. See, I would scan a series and post it....the collectors would download it and save it. There were times when someone would ask me to scan something for them, so I would. It might be one picture, so I would never bother to save it, once I had posted it, but the collectors would save it.

Over the years, these one-off scans would be requested, but I couldn't post them since I had never saved them, but the collectors would post them. They were collectors items to them, but to me they were just one-offs, or something that I didn't feel were part of my scan collection.

Just curious, but do you frequent the newsgroups?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X