only half a video playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only half a video playing

recently joined, and any videos i download to watch stop 1/4-1/2 the way through!!!! Any ideas??

Cheers

Matt

Originally posted by mouldy101 View Post
    recently joined, and any videos i download to watch stop 1/4-1/2 the way through!!!! Any ideas??
    Welcome to the forums! Perhaps some of the members here can pitch in some ideas. Can you describe the method you're using to view the videos? Can you tell us what software you're using to A) browse the AW site, and B) view the videos?

Comment

Hiya Mouldy. Welcome to AW. I sometimes experience same prob and never ever found out why. I think it must be something to do with my download manager when I've too many files waiting to be downloaded. When it happens I just delete them and start again, just one at a time. An easy way to find out whether they've downloaded correctly, in Win Media Player, is to fast forward, if they do OK, but if they fly back to start it's an incomplete D/L. Otherwise I don't know what to do to prevent this happening. Sometimes my ISP goes down and buggers it all up.

Comment

There's a probable cause of this. Sometimes the downloads stop before the entire file is downloaded.

If that's the case with an mpg file it still plays but stops somewhere in the middle of the video.
        WMV files don't play at all.

You should check if the size of the file is the same as the one on the profile page. If it's smaller then there's a problem with your donwnloads.

This happens to me too from time to time.

Lxm

Comment

Thanks for your help people. I am using windows XP, IE7, don't use a download manager and i am playing the videos on wmp 10 although have tried other players. I am not able to fast forward the videos i download and get anywhere between 1/4-3/4 way through before they just stop. I dont have this problem with any other downloads from any other sites, I look forward to your assistance!!!

Matt

Comment

Hi mouldy, and welcome to the boards!

First question is which file format are you choosing and how are you viewing it?

Our FLVs are the format for instant viewing in your browser. They aren't the highest quality, but they'll stream. The opposite is true for our MPGs and WMVs. They're very high quality (size & bitrate are higher than many other sites offer), and they aren't meant to be streamed. To view these you need to right-click on the link and save them to your disk, then open them from the directory (or desktop) where you've saved them, and watch them from your own computer. This is the way we recommend viewing our vids, to get the full benefit of the high quality.

There's further information that may help you in our video wiki here:

In fact, as you're a new member, let me put in a plug for our general help FAQ. There's over 50 wikis there that answer heaps of questions about the site and provide excellent help for when things aren't working the way they should for you. You can get to it from the 'membership' menu at the top of every page, or just go here:

Comment

Jesse, is "wiki" now the generic term for any type of answer to a question? I'll have to retire FAQ I suppose.....

Comment

Naw, I just like the word 'wiki'. You COULD say there's a FAQ made up of wiki's, but a FAQ's a FAQ, and everyone knows what you mean, so don't retire it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                  Naw, I just like the word 'wiki'. You COULD say there's a FAQ made up of wiki's, but a FAQ's a FAQ, and everyone knows what you mean, so don't retire it.
                  'Help Pages'

L

Comment

Originally posted by mouldy101 View Post
                    Thanks for your help people. I am using windows XP, IE7, don't use a download manager and i am playing the videos on wmp 10 although have tried other players. I am not able to fast forward the videos i download and get anywhere between 1/4-3/4 way through before they just stop. I dont have this problem with any other downloads from any other sites, I look forward to your assistance!!!

Matt
                    wmp10 can play incomplete *.wmv-files, resulting in that they can't be fastforwarded at all. I have had this problem one a few files downloaded from here. Re-downloading them helps mostly.

In other hand, fastforwarding the abby-girls, is not something anyone should do - it's like jumping direct to the clit in a sexact

Comment

I recommend FireFox with the DownloadThemAll-Plugin (For Details see The Download-Manager-Help Page: http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?page=wiki&id=HowDlm )... I saw the DTA-Plugin there for the first ime and haven't used another DL manager since then because it's simply great...

If you configure it the way that it downloads only one file at the time you can still browse the site without much delay in the site loading... And (big plus) it accelerates your download speed...

JF

Comment

Originally posted by JackFreeway View Post
                        I recommend FireFox with the DownloadThemAll-Plugin (For Details see The Download-Manager-Help Page: http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?page=wiki&id=HowDlm )... I saw the DTA-Plugin there for the first ime and haven't used another DL manager since then because it's simply great...

If you configure it the way that it downloads only one file at the time you can still browse the site without much delay in the site loading... And (big plus) it accelerates your download speed...

JF
                        I concur, I use DTA all the time, the only downside is that it does not have a scheduler so you have to do that bit manually.

Choose from Desktop, iOS, Android, or let us email you a mobile download link.

L

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                          I concur, I use DTA all the time, the only downside is that it does not have a scheduler so you have to do that bit manually.
                          Well, more time to look at the models

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                          Working...
                          X