Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonia Video

Elvaar, Vidman and Abby,

Just wanted to say how much I liked the new Sonia video. Beautiful girl (that brooding brunette look), beautiful setting, nice pace and flow to the stripping, fitting music... I could go on. And to cap it off at the end, Sonia says...(well, I won't spoil it for those who don't log on as early as I do). No tattoos, no piercings, no gyno spreads. Big smile from SlipJig.

Really top-drawer. In just the few months that I've been a Gold Member (heh-heh), I've seen the quality of the work at AW improve (and it was great in the first place). I had a female friend of mine over the other night, and showed her some examples of what's here. She really liked it, too, and would have joined on the spot if she weren't still on dial-up.

Thanks for a great video. I'm off to watch it again.

Hugs around - special tweak for Cass,

SlipJig

I agree! What a great video. And I'm glad you liked my choice of music - it's a bit of a sad song, but gentle, and one of my favourites.

Comment

re: sonia's vid music, that sounds familiar, but i dont know what the name of it is nor its artist; anyone?

Comment

Jus,

It's "Diary", by a band from the 70's named "Bread". I'm showing my age now, but that band was really popular when I was in high school. I played in a rock band then, and we used to do a couple of cover tunes from them. There is a CD called "Best of Bread" that is definitely worth buying. The lead vocalist has a great voice - soft, but lots of range.

If you want to hear a clip of the original song, and clips of more tunes by them, I found some samples here: http://www.mid-tn.com/bread/albums.htm. (watch the URL, if it wraps in this post, it may not behave as a link and you'll have to copy and paste into your browser)

One of the reasons that I liked the music choice for Sonia's video was because the video itself, and Sonia, are gentle and a little distant. She smiles a lot, but stares off into the scenery. In the original song, the words are sung by a man who finds that the wonderful things he read in his love's diary aren't about him at all, but about another man that his lover has recently found. It is, as Vidman says, very sad. Of course, the music in the background to the AW video has no words, so you wouldn't know this unless you were familiar with the original.

So thanks again, Vidman. I do pay attention to the video/sound mixing, and I can tell that you put a lot of effort into creating great stuff for us. I'm still waiting for a video where the model turns to the camera and says, "this is for you, SlipJig". Ahhh. That will be cause to celebrate.

Hey, how about some Backstage Video? That would be WAY COOL! img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/proud.gif

Backstage Video, Backstage Video, Backstage Video, Backstage Video............

SlipJig

Comment

Hey Slippy,
          Bread is one of my FAVOURITE, FAVOURITE bands ever. I always loved the song 'Diary', about the dude whose so in love with his girlfriend and finds her diary and thinks he's reading about how much she loves him, but it's about some other guy (TART). Such a cool song.

I also love Baby I'm a want you and...actaully I love them all. I have them on CD and Vinyl.

By the way, we've got a present for you. xxx

Comment

For Slipjig

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Thanks, all!!!

...off to celebrate, now.

Hugs all around

SlipJig

Comment

Mr. Slip, sir, thank u totally for the info on Bread's "Diary". i LOVE that song, and sad? VERY!! while the story unfolds into a heart-rending scenario, the instrumental perfection of Bread's rendition proves note-after-note an enviable paradigm of some of the world's most beautiful music. the guitar, violins, and their vocal harmony came together in that song so unimpeachably that it made me a solid fan forever.

thank u for the url as well, btw img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif i went to their site and played the If clip and jeez, what a tease that was, lol...imesh was my next stop and i gobbled up all the Bread i could get.

another oldie u might know and like was a gordon lightfoot song called If You Could Read My Mind...that popped up on my search for Bread's "If"....gordon's song is one my dad didnt have. i love that song!! not as velvet as Bread's music but just as sweet. if anyone ever hopes to win my heart with music, they'd better plan songs generous in symphonics. Celine Dion's "To Love You More" and Ben E King's rendition of "Stand By Me" both give me goosebumps when the strings within lay their sensual path over my flesh

*swoons* img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X