Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, "games girls play" gets rave reviews

Hiya

This review of our first VHS release, Games Girls Play, just came in. The person who runs
    www.lezlovevideo.com Jen, tells me this is one of the best reviews ever given on her site. Given that there are something like 2500 girl-girl titles she stocks, that's pretty high praise.

Of course, this tape features two site regulars, Joanne and Kylie. You can see the stills for the same shoot in the Gold section.

TITLE: Games Girls Play
    REVIEWER: PHATHEAD

Sometimes, field research pays off, and sometimes, that's an understatement. A long, long, time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I tipped Jen off to the Abby Winters site (www.abbywinters.com). I was intrigued by many things - the high quality, high resolution images and online video clips, the untapped talent potential, and the idea of lesbian girls with Australian accents! Jen contacted the site's owner, and a team effort followed. An effort to produce, as close as possible, exactly what the core LezloveVideo customer base wants to see from an "amateur" video.

In this, the first of five of Abby's initial videos, we are shown that it was indeed worth the wait. The folks at Thursday Night Video should take heed, here, because Abby has jumped in about two steps beyond the direction TNV seems to be headed.

The general premise starts out with the girls playing charades. This is cute to see as a starting point because it gives you an idea of the chemistry these two girls have together. Just hearing these girls laugh and flirt with their cute accents was great. After a while, the girls abandon the game and begin tickling each other. This is very energetic and forceful tickling, not the silly "this-is-so-obviously-an-act" kind of tickling. This slowly transitions into some of THE BEST kissing I've ever seen, and lots of it. I could save the rants for the kissing portion of my score, but I have to give it props here. The girls' positions and the camera angles are great. The girls straddle one another as they sit facing each other, kissing hungrily and passionately. There are plenty of close up full body shots of the girls lying on top of each other, groping one another as they make out. When the oral sex does begin, it's not done terribly long in one position before the girls hit the reset button, so to speak, and start over in another fashion. I really liked this because I get bored watching the same two camera shots (the giver and the receiver) over an extended period of time. Just when I would start to get bored the girls would change it up. Throughout the video, the girls revert back to the incredibly passionate kisses that they started with. This scene is just plain great.

The video doesn't end here, though. As a bonus, there's a scene that was originally meant just for Abby's web site. The audio is missing and is replaced with music, but one look at these two girls in action, you'll know why Jen asked Abby to include it.

1) Buildup/Seduction: Though a little long, the game playing offers a great insight into the girls' comfort level with each other. I liked that they undressed each other eagerly as well.
    Score: 8

2) Kissing: See review. Great kissing positions and camera angles.
    Score: 10

3) Attractiveness of Women: While neither girl is supermodel material, I loved their physical contrast. One is thinner and darker-skinned, while the other has a much rounder build and has a pale complexion. I would only warn those who are adverse to piercings (lip) and tattoos.
    Score: 8

OVERALL SCORE: 9

Of course, if you wanted to own your very own copy, go here:

http://www.lezlovevideo.com/product_details/default.asp?productID=a0200

a

Comment

I do want my own copy, but the budget might not stretch to $35US this week or two. Do you realise people who do the same job as me in the US get paid better than me and their buck is worth twice ours. OK, I'm whingin' but I've got a point, don't I?????

Comment

Hiya Swannie

Generally, the US and in .au, ppl get paid pretty close, compared to the cost of living in each country.

Don't get confused by the dollar values - sure, the numbers are different, but the _VALUE_ is the same. If it's any consolation, if we were selling the tape here in .au, we'd charge about $68AU (plus postage)

So, the only downside is, you gotta pay for postage - and that IS expensive, but, if at all possible, it's worth buying a few tapes at once, to defray the postage costs.

Also, _you_ might want to send me an email.

a

Comment

uh oh, another review:

We've been waiting for months for the launch of these Abby Winter's line of girl/girl videos. Was it worth the wait? All I have to say is move over TNV! Papa's got a brand new bag! I agree with Phathead but loved it even more than he did! This is exactly what we've all been bitching for! No dildos, no music, something of a decent set up and hot sex! Covers all the bases as far as I'm concerned.

I recently gave "Santa Cruzin" close to a rave review. While I still stand by that review, I have to say, this tape blows that one away! I compare the two because they are both trying to do the same thing. Give us what WE want.

This is amateur at it's finest. The camera work and lighting are top notch. Like TNV they let the girls show us their natural personalities. I'm big on natural sound. I even loved the second scene which has no sound. A rarity for me! I could go on and on about how great this introduction into the Abby Winters series is but by now I'm sure you get the picture.

A special thanks must go out to Jen, Abby, Phathead and the entire staff at LezloveVideo for making this series happen. This video is a MUST HAVE! To say I'm looking forward to the next tape in an understatement! I can't Wait!!

Comment

Question for the AW crowd, in preparation for Academy Award nominations.

Fill in the blanks:
            Games Girls Play, 2002
            Producer:
            Director:
            Cinematography:
            Screenplay:
            Sound:
            Special Effects:

Comment

This is fun.

Games Girls Play, 2002
              Producer: Abby
              Director: Abby, Elvaar
              Cinematography: Abby
              Screenplay: Elvaar
              Sound: Elvaar
              Special Effects: VidDude
              Editing: VidDude

img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

Comment

Hiya

And another glowing review:

"Thank you Abby!!! This movie was well worth the wait... lets give her a round of applause for giving us the most sensual girl/girl movie where you can clearly see an attraction between both girls. No lack of chemistry, that seems to be where most films are lacking, yet it is the main ingredient in a lesbian film!

It was nice to finally see a movie where the girls don’t seem to be on a schedule like in TNV videos, I especially didn’t like in Pleasing Kinsey when Kinsey looks at her watch as if to say... is it time yet?? The girls in this film are attractive, the kissing is phenomenal, the girls are not just doing it for our enjoyment but their own as well.

I just can’t say enough about this film, it was by far the best I've ever seen and by far one of a kind. I’m looking forward to Abby’s other releases. "

a

Comment

...and another, but not so glowing:

"I would have liked a bit more "sex," and a bit less fooling around. Both girls in the first part, which lasts an hour, are a complete turn on - I'm neglecting the short 15 minute thing at the end with classical pianoforte music instead of girl sounds (I know that piece, but I can't name it - rats! Is it by Hayden?).

There is a very strong adolescent quality to this video. Part of this is due the youthfulness of the girls (The blonde in the first part is embarrassingly young looking). Kissing fans will get their fill, so will tickling fans.

The sex consists, mostly, of licking, and it lacks something in my opinion. But I've been spoiled by the Bubble Girls video "Girl on Girl II." with Nyxe and Tina. That has to be the best pussy licking ever recorded. Nobody can compete with that! Nor is it as good as the licking in "Santa Cruzin'." I was a bit disappointed by the 69, as well. It was clearly being done for the camera. I wish that someday I will be treated to 69 in which the women are completely oblivious to the camera, and just bring each other off, over and over. I mean, I'd like to see two girls grind on each other's faces so hard that they rub each other's lips raw! So, if any of you are contemplating making a girl/girl video, please keep that in mind.

This is a sweet video, however, and I know that most of you will love it. The little girl tenderness is compelling. Four and a half stars out of five. "

a

Comment

Hey, guys, Academy Award nominations go out in January.
                    Can't wait to see if you win.

Comment

... and another one...

---------------------------------------------
                      Top Ten Reasons why you should stop reading these reviews and go buy this video NOW!
                      • 1) Great kissing and lots of it. I even got over the lip piercing - the kissing was that good.
                      • 2) Attractive girls (the blonde really did it for me - very cute!).
                      • 3) Nice chemistry between them. They were very relaxed and into each other.
                      • 4) NO looking at or acknowledgment of the camera.
                      • 5) NO chatty camera man (thank you god).
                      • 6) NO toys at all (strap-ons would be OK with me in future vids, but definitely never vibrators, double dildos, and the like).
                      • 7) NO annoying background music.
                      • 8) The bonus scene.
                      • 9) The complete lack of that "you do this to me for 1 minute and now I'll do it to you" feeling.
                      • 10) Did I mention GREAT kissing? img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

A minor point: I could have done without the 10 minute "charades" intro... even their charming Aussie accents weren't enough to make this part work for me. It is a very minor point and easily taken care of with a flick of the fast forward button.
                      This is an excellent video, and I can't wait for the next one! Keep 'em coming! ;)
                      ---------------------------------------------

a

Comment

Abs,

I think it's great that the VHS business is getting such rave reviews. As soon as I can manage it (the economy here in the US is weak right now, and when you're self-employed money is tough to come by recently), I plan to pick up the first one.

It's too bad that my lover isn't into GG stuff. Of course, that won't prevent ME from enjoying it!

Looking forward to more great videos here, as well.

Thanks!

SJ

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                        Working...
                        X