Saving with Quicktime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving with Quicktime

I am a newbie to the mac. I just installed Leopard and I am wondering if there is anyway to save Abby Winter's videos using quicktime? Would upgrading to Quicktime Pro help? It seems to imply that.
    Also, is there anyway to enlarge the video screen when looking at Abby's videos using Quicktime?

I am also new to the site and just love it!

I use VLC to view the WMV files and you can drag the window to almost fullscreen size.

If you download the MPG files they play in Quicktime. Quicktime will not go fullscreen unless you have the Pro version but you should be able to drag the window to 98% of fullscreen which is good enough.

You can make Quicktime work with WMV files by installing Flip4Mac.

You can't really change the video file, are you suggesting saving the files from MPG to MOV? I don't think there is any point in that at all.

If you have Leopard then you can get the video fullscreen directly from the finder. Highlight the video you want, then click the QUICKLOOK/SLIDESHOW icon in the toolbar. (It looks a bit like an eye). There is an option in the window that opens to go full screen.

I will grab a screen shot of my own Mac later and upload it to illustrate what I mean.
    Last edited by Lesley; 3 November 2007, 02:06 PM. Reason: Lesley can't type or spell

Comment

I think that the latest version of Quicktime player has the fullscreen player in it for free now.
      As far as saving the MPG file, wouldn't it be easier to right click the link and do a "save link as"? Otherwise you will need QT Pro to save it in QT when the video is playing.
      The other really good plugin package for Quicktime to get is Perian which lets you view flash in QT. With both Flip4Mac and Perian installed you can see virtually every type of video in QT.

Comment

This is a screen grab of a part of my desktop.

The bottom half is the finder and you can see the Quicklook/Slideshow Icon (Looks like an eye). You can add this icon to the Finder menu bar by going to VIEW and then CUSTOMISE TOOLBAR

The bit above the finder is the Quickview window and the two diagonal arrows are the FULL SCREEN MODE.

To use it:

Highlight the video you want to play
        Click on the Quickview icon
        A new window pops up and you can play the video
        Select fullscreen with the double arrow icon.

This only works in 10.5 Leopard.

L
        Attached Files

Comment

I had not heared of Perian, you learn something new every day here.
          I use VLC for Flash but will check it out, it may work out better.

Thanks

L

Comment

Originally posted by ruben72 View Post
            I think that the latest version of Quicktime player has the fullscreen player in it for free now.

The other really good plugin package for Quicktime to get is Perian which lets you view flash in QT. With both Flip4Mac and Perian installed you can see virtually every type of video in QT.
            QT does indeed have fullscreen mode in the standard free version.

And Perian is very good!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X