Video Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Downloads

Hi, I posted the earlier thread about saving with Quicktime. I think my problem is when I click the to open a new video on the site a new Quicktime window opens in Safari but a new download file is not created. Also without a file I can't go to the stand alone Quicktime application and use the preferences to enlarge the screen. Am I blocked from saving videos at AW or is a stream the only thing allowed? Maybe I just need to change my preferences somewhere on my new iMac.

In Safari, you should right hand click or control click the link to the video. You should get a contextual pull down - then click "Download Linked File". You should then get the dialogue box which directs your download. You don't actually have to open the video to save - just save the linked file. If you want to check the progress of the download, open the Downloads window and it should show you what is being downloaded and how fast it is coming in.

Comment

Thank you so much. I am such a dope. I realize I was not letting the entire file finish downloading and therefore could not save. With Quicktime running on Safari you can't go fullscreen but can go fullscreen if viewing a detached file. Thanks to all for helping this newbie so patiently.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
      Working...
      X