Posts Disappear, No Reply to Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posts Disappear, No Reply to Questions

If This is the wrong place, please let me know where I should post this....

A day or so after I joined AW I posted a comment about one of the videos. A bit later I posted another, which referred to the first.

The next day my first post had disappeared, but the second was still there. (The second has now disappeared, by the way.) I got no email explaining why. I read all of the rules and FAQs, one of which refers to email to moderators but gives no address, and finally wrote Abby. I asked what had happened to my post and how to email the moderators, but I've not received a reply to that one either!

I have checked my Spam folder, but no emails from AW have appeared there, either.

Can anybody explain?

I can find one other post by you: http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle...287#post181287 and it's content told me you were you the author of that 'draws punishment' thread (in future be more specific about which thread/messages you are missing please). That thread was moved to Mundane Chatter (by Luxman I think). The 2nd message was a duplicate of the first one (probably created by accident) so that got deleted. This is from memory though.

Not sure why your thread is no longer in Mundane Chatter, you can contact the moderators using this page. It's faster than contacting Abby when it concerns forum issues.

Be sure you don't block any mail from the @abbywinters.com domain.

p.s. I'll ask AW staff to update the part about moderators in the FAQ, it is ancient ;-)
    Last edited by Frans; 10 November 2007, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Yes, I have moved the thread to mundane chatter and I deleted the double post.
      We don't like cross posting very much.

After a while Abby herself asked me to deleted the entire thing.
      I suppose she didn't like the description of your BDSM relation and your punishment.
      To be honest, I didn't like it too.

I would say you haven't broken forum rules, just Abby didn't like your post, and she's the boss.

As Frans said, you can always contact me if you have questions about the forums.

Lxm

Comment

Thanks Frans and Luxman, I was beginning to wonder if I had dreamed making those posts.

I'm sorry Luxman and Abby didn't like my post. I certainly didn't mean to offend. I would suggest, however, that when a post is removed it is only courteous to let the poster know why. Please pass my thoughts to Abby.

Tina

Comment

Hey Luxman, I seem to have lost somewhere in the vicinity of 8 posts last night? That's quite a shock... just curious what had to be deleted of mine?

Luv Melinda

Comment

I've lost a couple of posts but I figure this is Abby's sandbox so meh. The experience does appear to have rocked Tinatart though - she hasn't been back since.

Comment

Originally posted by peesoup View Post
              I've lost a couple of posts but I figure this is Abbyy's sandbox so meh. The experience does appear to have rocked Tinatart though - she hasn't been back since.
              Yeah a couple of posts I can understand pee... but eight?!?! That's quite a lot, especially when after nearly 2500 posts I've only had about 1 or 2 deleted ever... So will be curious as to Luxmeister's answer...

Luv Melinda

Comment

I thought it was standard procedure to mail/inform the poster when a post was removed? Would be usefull to prevent the problem from simply repeating Besides, it's nicer.

You still have some time left in g/g-land don't you Melinda? Your creative use of 'Location' frequently makes me smile

Comment

Eight posts is a lot Mel. Did you lose them all in a block or were they spread out a bit? Maybe somebody was getting a bit fresh? I lost a couple early on in my membership and got chased a lot by traffic wardens waving big sticks, but that's eased up of late. The retraining program must be working.

Comment

Originally posted by fransAW View Post
                    You still have some time left in g/g-land don't you Melinda? Your creative use of 'Location' frequently makes me smile
                    Some time? Yes... But it's not being utilised and I fear it won't be... Your locations always make me smile too frans, I mean "Europe", lol as if that's a real place... wait ...

Luv Melinda

Comment

Hey Melinda, did you by any chance post the celebration pics in your thread one image-per-post? 'cos those are ten pics and they're now in two posts

p.s. yeah the location is back to plain old NL for nowish.. (travelling gets boring eventually, to me anyway... airport-hotel-customer-repeat ..)

Comment

Originally posted by fransAW View Post
                        Hey Melinda, did you by any chance post the celebration pics in your thread one image-per-post? 'cos those are ten pics and they're now in two posts
                        No, just did the two posts... but good thinking frans

pee, they seem to have all disappeared last night... strange...

Luv Melinda

Comment

I just re-read your post Mel. Originally I thought you'd lost eight posts from your thread - not eight of your own posts. Sorry I misunderstood.

Comment

Heh, just realised I wouldn't know if I missed some of my posts.. I'm so bad at keeping track of such things
                            Last edited by Frans; 30 November 2007, 11:22 PM.

Comment

At a request of a member I have deleted a couple of threads he started, so everyone who posted in those lost some posts.

Sorry, but our members are our capital and if they ask for getting their threads removed for a good reason, I do it.

Lxm

Comment

oh a puzzle

btw. Lux aren't you in the same timezone as me (CET) ? If so, it's time for sleeeeeeep me thinks. Good night!
                                (and to the Aussies... good morning!;-)

Comment

I think we only are a couple of km one from the other.

Night!

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman View Post
                                    At a request of a member I have deleted a couple of threads he started, so everyone who posted in those lost some posts.

Sorry, but our members are our capital and if they ask for getting their threads removed for a good reason, I do it.
                                    Thanks Luxman, that's all I wanted to know ... I was just worried I had done a series of bad posts that got deleted, but nice to know it wasn't me...

Luv Melinda

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                    Working...
                                    X