Strange thing when viewing models thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange thing when viewing models thread

What might be the reason for the popup window that I got few times when I viewed models threads ?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Odd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	658574

In English it says something like:
    "Connect to earnsoftware.com
    Server earnsoftware.com at Abbywinters.com Messageboards-LogIn requires username and password.
    Warning: This server asks username and password to be send unencrypted."

Obviously I didn't send any information, as it smells like spyware fishing login information. Do any of you know what this is about ? Seems it is time to put my spyware programs scanning again.

yusa

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
    What might be the reason for the popup window that I got few times when I viewed models threads ?
    Obviously I didn't send any information, as it smells like spyware fishing login information. Do any of you know what this is about ? Seems it is time to put my spyware programs scanning again.
    Please specify thread. I did fix that problem in several threads, it results from a directly linked smiley image. You should indeed NOT enter any username/password information concerning AW in ANY popup box, AW doesn't use popup boxes.

Comment

It was at least on Sammie's and Ashley's threads.

Though it seems have disappeared now, thank you Frans.

Comment

def looks like phishing or some kinda malware to me. def not to do with AW. Might be a browser plugin, "helping" you by remembering passwords...?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby View Post
          def looks like phishing or some kinda malware to me. def not to do with AW. Might be a browser plugin, "helping" you by remembering passwords...?
          It is def. phishing, fairly targetted. Looking into this as we speak.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
          Working...
          X