Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widescreen HQ Wallpapers

Hi!

I just tossed out my old 17" crt computer monitor and got myself an 22" LCD Widescreen monitor, and so I stumbled upon a problem.
    None of my wallpapers(Abby Winters ones and other) would fit anymore. I have found some new ones, but not any from Abby Winters, which I would really like to find someday. Maybe someone(I don't know if AW.com have an "wallpaper guy") could find it in their heart to produce some wallpapers in widescreen? Like in these sizes: 1440*900 1680*1050 1920*1200
    If widescreen wallpapers from Abby Winters should appear in near future I would be very happily suprised

Have a good easter everyone

Good point. Both my lappies are widescreen (1440x900 & 1290x800 aka WSXGA Wide XGA+ & Wide XGA).

It's general problem - I don't get these standard widescreen formats are not offered by default by all sites offering wallpapers.

Comment

Just scale and cut the pics with any graphic software to your screen resolution.

Comment

Well DUH, obviously.

But why should I spend time and effort myself to get standard-sized wallpapers. This is not a free site after all.

Comment

What DUH means? I don't find any sense with the explenations on http://www.all-acronyms.com/?t=duh

And what's the problem to scale und cut a pic? There are so many screen resolutions and THERE IS NO STANDARD anymore (!) -- AW can't offer wallpapers for every monitor resolution, just do it by yourself, it needs only some seconds!

Comment

Originally posted by sangean View Post
            What DUH means? I don't find any sense with the explenations on http://www.all-acronyms.com/?t=duh
            Hi, Sangean, "duh" is a word, not an acronym. If I say "Duh" (or "well, duh!") to you, it means that what you said is so very obvious that a stupid person would know about it.

An example:
            Tom: They did a scientific study that showed that overweight people were slower than other people.
            Harry: Well, duh!

Comment

Originally posted by Bondii View Post
              But why should I spend time and effort myself to get standard-sized wallpapers. This is not a free site after all.
              I understand Bondii's point. Wallpapers are carefully constructed for things like composition and balance, and those can be ruined entirely if you cut off part of the top and bottom.

It would take effort by the person who constructs the wallpaper to maintain composition and balance integrity while working with a 5/8 aspect instead of a 3/4 aspect. Bondii wants to leave that to the professional, and I agree with him.

It makes sense that the wallpaper person could construct some widescreen wallpapers; if there can't be a widescreen version of every wallpaper, maybe half of them could be widescreen; let the standard-sized-screen people chop the sides off they like it.

Comment

Originally posted by arsby View Post
                Hi, Sangean, "duh" is a word, not an acronym. If I say "Duh" (or "well, duh!") to you, it means that what you said is so very obvious that a stupid person would know about it.
                THX. I didn't find 'duh' in my Software-Dictionary and not in the biggest in Germany abailable English-German Dictionary (120.000 words). Is it a slang?

Originally posted by arsby View Post
                I understand Bondii's point. Wallpapers are carefully constructed for things like composition and balance, and those can be ruined entirely if you cut off part of the top and bottom.

It makes sense that the wallpaper person could construct some widescreen wallpapers; if there can't be a widescreen version of every wallpaper, maybe half of them could be widescreen; let the standard-sized-screen people chop the sides off they like it.
                I disagree. The AW-Photographers are using a DSLR with 3:4-Ratio. (Me too.) Mostly (!) you can cut pics to another Ratio without to loose anything. Sometimes the cut is even better.

Comment

Well hello! A couple more posts since I last checked... Only one thing I have to say.. I have a resolution of 1680x1050, and here my problem begins, all the wallpapers seem to have a maximum resoluton of 1280*960 or something, so I can't just cut it to right scale, I also have to enlarge it, wich looks VERY BAD without an oringinal wich is large than that. Scaling a 1280*768 ut to 1680*1050 would ruin the picture quality on the screen...

Comment

Originally posted by sangean View Post
                    THX. I didn't find 'duh' in my Software-Dictionary and not in the biggest in Germany abailable English-German Dictionary (120.000 words). Is it a slang?
                    duh ach wirklich!, was du nicht sagst! (Slang)

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                    Working...
                    X