the pudgy tummy terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the pudgy tummy terror

I wonder what Stephanie did wrong? Perhaps she rubbed one of the staff up the wrong way. Why else would her photo (solo girls, page 37) have the sad little label 'pudgy tummy'?

It's surprising because firstly, it doesn't fit in with the AW ethos as I understand it, and secondly, it's harsh to single this particular girl out. She's no worse than many others. I honestly haven't seen any other single negative comment. Only this one.

Ok, so Stephanie isn't a recent model. Hopefully, the description writers are a bit kinder now. I just wonder how today's models would react if they were thus labelled?

Or; is this a culture thing? In Australia is 'pudgy tummy' somehow endearing / attractive even? i.e without connotations of fatness.

i've noticed that some of the older ones are a little...aggressive in their descriptions.
    I dont remeber the models name, but she's linked on the Fake boobs thread, whos described at 'the asian chick with the falsies"
    which isnt as insulting as having a pudgy tummy...but still kinda an agressive description.

Comment

I'm not a fan of pudginess at all, but it's FAR more acceptable than fake boobs! especially in a site that prides itself on presenting 'natural'.
      Having said that, I must admit I haven't spotted a fake yet. A fair few pudgies, though.

I get the impression AW is a nicer place now than it was! Certainly the video quality is infinitely better.

Comment

Staff was as great to models back then too. Stephanie is pretty, was popular, and did several shoots with AW. I don't like the term pudgy either, maybe she herself made that reference? You see models say things about their looks in their videos a lot. A lot of members really appreciate a bit of extra curves and soft tummies that we see on here.

Comment

Interesting observations, lanbo and Cleo. I agree Stephanie is no more "pudgy" than several other models, but I really don't think there was any intent to single her out or criticize her. She did five shoots, after all. This particular shoot was well before the appearance of member lists, and the site lists were not as fine-tuned, so I think the writers tried to be a little more specific in that brief description, so you could tell more about a shoot before viewing or downloading it. Different strokes for different folks--pudgy can be endearing, for those that like it.

This brings up another observation: I miss the descriptive/humorous titles that we had in the back catalog. Stephanie's sets were called "Don't fall in" and "Getting everything wet", respectively. It's much easier to recall the content of a set with those names, rather than "Stephanie solo 1", etc, and it adds an interesting human touch. The site gallery also used to be more descriptive, hence this thread. I realize this is fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, but it doesn't hurt to toss it out there.

HM

Comment

I personally prefer a woman with a LITTLE extra weight. I love all the Models but can identify easily with the "pudgy" girls. It's also nice to rest your head on a sweet soft tummy while she strokes you head!

Comment

Originally posted by ham View Post
              I personally prefer a woman with a LITTLE extra weight. I love all the Models but can identify easily with the "pudgy" girls. It's also nice to rest your head on a sweet soft tummy while she strokes you head!
              Ain't that the truth!
              I might be the world's most enthusiastic hugger, and by far the best women to hug are those who are overweight! Doesn't matter what they look like, even our over-50 friends. Big and soft and warm.

I know what you're thinking (because I'm omniscient, doncha know). Would I prefer one of my larger 50-something friends to slim and beautiful Cleo, who I so totally adore to the point of embarrassing myself with my effusive praise of her?

Dunno, good question! I can only dream that one day I'll get the choice!

Comment

I think what will soon persuade me to leave this site is the dearth of slim, un-tattooed models. I do find the average model here too bulky for my taste. My next port-of-call will be an Asian site, where I can feast my eyes on Shee-ra & Kiki types.

Comment

Originally posted by lanbo View Post
                  ...I do find the average model here too bulky for my taste...
                  I know where you're coming from because I have a brother-in-law and a son who think that the main criterion for "beautiful" is "slim". I'll be slobbering over a woman I think is absolutely gorgeous, and they'll be like "Her ass is too big." I'm like, "Who cares, look at her face, look at her bod, she's gorgeous!" They're like "Euwww", and they point with great approval to the girl next to her who's slim but in my opinion plain looking (viz. Paris Hilton).

Each to his own, I guess.

Comment

Just as well we're all genetically programmed to like different things.
                    Have to say, Arsby, I'm with your relatives rather than you, although I dislike Paris Hilton's superficiality.

I don't find slimness attractive in itself; it has to be complemented by curves. Straight up and down doesn't appeal to me. My ideal is slim and curvy frontal view, and slim and curvy profile view.

I can't agree that Cleo, or all the other models that have kind of figure, are 'slim'. For me, they're 'average build'. Most are very nice, too. But bigger than that is bulky, in my opinion.

Comment

scientifically, I'm underweight. Just so you know. so anything "bulkier" than me...is actually healthy and normal. Smaller than around my size is unhealthy.

I think there are too many models on the site that are soooo very thin and tiny...they make me feel badabout myfigure.
                      and knowing that members think theres too much big...makes me worry more...

Comment

Please don't worry, Cleo. Many members think you're just perfect. I just can't help finding small attractive. Now, who are these 'soooo very thin and tiny' models? I have only seen a very few.

Where I live, there are tiny women who are perfectly healthy. I think the scientific thing is connected to your skeleton size. I've seen most of your vids - you look healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                          scientifically, I'm underweight. Just so you know. so anything "bulkier" than me...is actually healthy and normal. Smaller than around my size is unhealthy.

I think there are too many models on the site that are soooo very thin and tiny...they make me feel badabout myfigure.
                          Oh stop worrying already, just count the number of shoots you've done here. Read all the positive feedback on those, then consider if you need to worry You can't easily say if someone is underweight, well unless they're severely underweight of course. It's also a lot person dependant. Within a certain margin you're free to eat more or less. There's no 'perfect for everybody' formula for it (despite most commcercials giving that impression), you'd need a full body evaluation for that. Think one day at hospital.

Also don't worry too much about what other people *might* think, if it's important enough to them they'll voice their opinion. If not, well.. not important then ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                            ...they make me feel badabout myfigure.
                            I like girls who are a little on the large size.

Don't worry about your figure, I think you're lovely!

DP

Comment

hang on... i don't really understand?? is cleo really being discussed as being 'on the large side???' god help the rest of us then....

Comment

Originally posted by OdetteAW View Post
                                hang on... i don't really understand?? is cleo really being discussed as being 'on the large side???' god help the rest of us then....
                                Other way around, if I understood Cleo correctly. She said she was somewhat underweight (although she looks fine to me?) so looking thinner compared to her would be unhealthy.

Ah... there is the other post I said not to worry about what people MIGHT be thinking about you. I wondered where it was.

Comment

It's all relative. I see many women who are no more than 5 feet tall, dainty in build, and probably the equivalent of an Australian young teenager, or even younger. I admit I am really attracted to them.
                                  Then there is the more average build, but still slim. And so on ......
                                  As size increases I am less attracted. This is just my own preference, and not typical of most members here, who seem to like more substantial women. Fortunately, AW is not a single-size site.

Cleo is, obviously, (I think), not large. In my eyes she is average build. Lovely girl, with brilliant personality, I must say. As are you, Odette.

Comment

very good thankyou for the clarification. i was quite confused.

Comment

Originally posted by lanbo View Post
                                      It's all relative. I see many women who are no more than 5 feet tall, dainty in build, and probably the equivalent of an Australian young teenager, or even younger. I admit I am really attracted to them.
                                      Then there is the more average build, but still slim. And so on ......
                                      As size increases I am less attracted. This is just my own preference, and not typical of most members here, who seem to like more substantial women. Fortunately, AW is not a single-size site.

Cleo is, obviously, (I think), not large. In my eyes she is average build. Lovely girl, with brilliant personality, I must say. As are you, Odette.
                                      I think your idea if 'average build' is really warped!

If we go off your chart then I must be clinically obese so thanks for making me feel really good about myself!

Comment

Soft tummies are gorgeous!
                                        I am here because NOT all the models on AW have a skinny model-type build.

Comment

Me too! I also love bush. Guess i'm in the minority of the World for liking biologically NATURAL Woman.

Comment

I joined AW precisely because there ARE thick beautiful women, thank you. Not fat, but nice round and soft. Gorgeous. The ONLY place on the internet like it!

Comment

Originally posted by angie View Post
                                              I think your idea if 'average build' is really warped!

If we go off your chart then I must be clinically obese so thanks for making me feel really good about myself!
                                              i think most agree that this chart is warped angie, don't worry though! it made me feel a bit funny too but you are gorgeous! (i've seen your photos)
                                              also thankyou hippoid ham and member999, you restore a girls faith in the universe

Comment

Ah yes, we are indeed children of our era, aren't we? You'd be surprised how much "pudgier" a healthy BMI can be than the mainstream media's warped ideal. Unfortunately, this view does carry over to a lot of people. When I was in my teens, and weighed a little more (still a healthy BMI of 21.9 though, the upper level of healthy being 24.9), a relative of mine kept hounding me about how I was getting fat, and in danger of obesity. Want to know how much more I weighed at the time, compared to now? Three kilos. Of course, I admit that BMI is an imperfect way of measuring someone's "pudginess", as I, for example, have put on quite a bit of muscle, and have in fact weighed three kilos more at my fittest and most muscular than I did at my "fattest", but I think my point still stands. And I have always been heavier than my peers, even back when I was a skinny little thing with "spider legs", as another relative fondly put it. Hefty skeleton? Who knows.

Well, I can rant, but it won't help. And Angie, seriously, don't pay attention to any of that shit. You're gorgeous and healthy. Sure, you aren't a stick insect, but instead, you get to be a woman, which I think is much more desirable. Own it. At least you have curves, a thing which I have always lamented my lack of. Don't get me wrong, I have learned to like my slightly boyish figure, but I still wouldn't mind a little bit of the "hourglass" shape.

Comment

Thanks Odette! I saw your DIM with Selena! YUmmmm! Do you have a main shoot out because I can't find one???

I'd just like to make an announcement ... I am....

PUDGY AND PROUD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by immie View Post
                                                    . And Angie, seriously, don't pay attention to any of that shit. You're gorgeous and healthy. Sure, you aren't a stick insect, but instead, you get to be a woman, which I think is much more desirable. Own it. At least you have curves, a thing which I have always lamented my lack of. Don't get me wrong, I have learned to like my slightly boyish figure, but I still wouldn't mind a little bit of the "hourglass" shape.
                                                    Woah, woah, woah! Back-up a bit... boyish figure!!

Nuh-ah Sweety! You are ALL woman! You have amazing curves (I'm especially thinking of that photo of you as you are facing the ocean and you beautiful bum is just waiting for someone to squeeze it! )

Thanks for being so sweet!

Comment

Yeah, true, I do have a bum. X-D I meant more from the front. But thank you! X-D

Comment

Yeah, true, I do have a bum.

You sure do!! It is divine!

I meant more from the front.
                                                        ...and you look amazing from the front too!

wow!

Comment

What Stephanie is lanbo referring to? First of all, I checked the solo girls, page 37 and there is no Stephanie on that page. The only Stephanies I can find do not have a pudgy tummy label. So who the heck is he talking about???? And yes, I did a search.

Besides, why would anyone consider "pudgy tummy" harsh? I don't get it.
                                                          Last edited by laktor; 20 June 2008, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                                                            What Stephanie is lanbo referring to?
                                                            How about this Stephanie?

It seems you have some problems with the search engine.

Lxm

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X