Searching by tag functionality broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching by tag functionality broken?

The latest site update seems to have made the searching by tag functionality much less useful - it only returns Shoots, whereas most tags are applied to individual videos.
    And the auto-complete in the search bar now no longer works. So if you want to search for videos with a particular tag, you now have to find one that has it already and click on the tag under the video to find more... :/

With the emphasis on tags and the new tag encouragement rotator, it would be nice if the tagging functions really worked.

Tags of images also don't work most of the time. Hasn't for a long time.

This evening trying to add a tag to an image is barely functioning. Start typing in the tag box - sometimes existing tags pop up and sometimes they don't. When they do, they are usually very slow to appear. Click on the button to add a tag - sometimes the tag is added and sometimes it is not added.

But then the whole site is barely functioning this morning. Click on an image or a shoot, and half the time nothing comes up. Sometimes very slow to respond. And sometimes responds normally.

Comment

Site is a bit slow today I know, have reported it to staff already.

Normally tagging of images has worked for me just fine, don't use it often though. What doesn't work for you, besides the slowness we're experiencing today ?

Comment

Hi Frans - specifically what doesn't work for me is that searching by tag now only returns results of tagged shoots, not tagged videos as used to be possible...

Comment

The slow speeds were caused by a DDoS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack), and happen from time to time. The kids who start them usually get bored in a few hours, and that happenned this time.

Regarding tagging not working how you expect, can you provide a specific example, a list of steps I can follow to see the problem you're seeing?

Comment

Seems we have two issues mixed in this thread;

ssppc57 complains about image tagging not working, please reply/post with details as Garion requested.

adrians70 is missing functionality to search for tagged videos (search results can be shoots/models/kinks but not videos)

Comment

Garion and Frans,

Go to Georgina second image set March 2, 2004. Image 25. Attempt to open tag "I Want to Show You My Kitty" It returns no results and offers some other shoots. This happens on many of my tags.

In the box to add a tag, if I start typing to enter one of my tags the tag does not appear in the drop down suggestions. One example would be "Her First Bare Nipple".

Comment

You're talking about this picture; https://www.abbywinters.com/nude_gir..._2/georgina060

when I click on the tag "I Want to Show You My Kitty" it goes to https://www.abbywinters.com/amateurs...w+You+My+Kitty which gives me lots of results. Can you retry and see if it gives you results now as well?

About the dropdown, to be clear the box DOES drop down some suggestions but not the one(s) you want/expect right? Are the tags you miss image-only tags ?

Comment

Frans,

I retried and got results. Seem to be able to open any tag I have used from "My Tags." Can't always open them from an image they are attached to. Have found that trying to open a tag immediately after applying it to an image often doesn't work.

On the dropdown, yes some suggestions appear but not what I am looking for. This happens with many tags I have created. The missing tags are image only - or that is the only way I have used them. For a some examples:

https://www.abbywinters.com/girl_gir...na_juliana_124 I would like to to add tag "Both Naked Now" but it does not appear in suggestions. I think if I just type it in, a new tag will be created instead of adding to the existing tag.

https://www.abbywinters.com/nude_gir.../ekaterina_082 I would like to add the tags "Yoga Postures and Stretches" or "Yoga Poses and Stretches" but they do not appear in the suggestions.

https://www.abbywinters.com/girl_gir...lie_h_misha138 I would like to add the tag "All Naked Now" but it does not appear in the dropdown suggestions.

https://www.abbywinters.com/nude_gir...3_3#middlewrap I would like to add "Her First Insertion Shot" but it does not appear in the suggestions.

I have also discovered as I compose this that if I go to a search box (at the top of the home page or other pages) to search the site for a tag and begin typing, these same tags will show up as a dropdown suggestion, but return no results.

Comment

Hi all - nobody seems to have addressed my original issue? It is very frustrating to search on a tag, and get an interesting list up, only to find half of them say 'Your search returned no results' because it is now looking only at shoots/models/kinks and not at individual videos. The vast majority of tags have been put on videos, not the shoots...

Comment

Originally posted by ssppc57 View Post
                      https://www.abbywinters.com/girl_gir...na_juliana_124 I would like to to add tag "Both Naked Now" but it does not appear in suggestions. I think if I just type it in, a new tag will be created instead of adding to the existing tag.
                      To add a new tag, in the "add a tag" field, type the name of the tag. Some suggestions will pop up after a second, and it's preferred to use a suggestion (a tag that exists in our system, may or may not be applied to an entity) if it applies, than to add a slight variation and thus make a new tag. But, if nothing matches, it's totally fine to make a new tag in the system.

After typing the tag, click the "Add tag" button, and the tag is added to the entity you had selected (image, model, shoot, video). If the tag had already been applied to this entity by someone else, nothing appears to change, but the tag application now has +1 votes on it (so, if it had two votes, it now has 3 votes). Vote counts are used to include entities on Fetish pages (ie, if 20 people agree that a model is a redhead, she probably is, and so should be included on the redhead fetish page; but if only two people vote on the red-head tag, maybe she's not).

https://www.abbywinters.com/nude_gir.../ekaterina_082 I would like to add the tags "Yoga Postures and Stretches" or "Yoga Poses and Stretches" but they do not appear in the suggestions.
                      No problem, go ahead and add them to the entity, though, your suggestion for a tag is very specific, and slightly more generic tags are preferred (eg, just "Yoga", which implies streches and poses. Then, when someone searches for "yoga" this entity will be shown (whereas, it's less likely someone will search for precisely "Yoga Postures and Stretches").

I have also discovered as I compose this that if I go to a search box (at the top of the home page or other pages) to search the site for a tag and begin typing, these same tags will show up as a dropdown suggestion, but return no results.
                      Well, this is largely to be expected: only several images have those tags attached, there are no scenes or models tagged with those very-specific phrases. So, they should not be suggested when searching, that's a good point. In light of your feedback, we have slightly revised the auto-completion / suggestion function to be "smarter".

Also, please check https://support.abbywinters.com/search-tips/

Comment

Adrian, My response to ssppc57 above should have improved this a little - LMK?

g

Comment

Hi Garion - thanks, but that doesn't seem to have addressed my problem. You can't search for videos by tag (rather than shoots) at all now - videos as an entity just don't get returned in search results any more. And that's a real shame because the majority of tagging occurs on individual videos - not shoots.

Comment

adrians70, I confirm what you're seeing. It's intentional, but a dumb result on our part. I have added it to the queue of things to be fixed, and it should happen in Feb. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and sorry for the trouble.

Comment

your suggestion for a tag is very specific, and slightly more generic tags are preferred (eg, just "Yoga", which implies streches and poses. Then, when someone searches for "yoga" this entity will be shown (whereas, it's less likely someone will search for precisely "Yoga Postures and Stretches").
                              It looks like some users need to be weighted poorly or re-educated on how to tag posts. I'm seeing a lot of tags like "Seeing Cornelia Gets Me Instantly Erect" or "My Tongue Aches To Explore Cornelias Love Tunnel"

Comment

yeah those long tags with modelname in them are fairly useless. You can set a threshold for tags you see under https://www.abbywinters.com/myaccount/preferences 'Content' tab, option 'Tag Threshold'. You always see your own tags.

Comment

Thanks Garion, appreciated! Looking forward to the fix!

Comment

Originally posted by milleniacatt View Post
                                    It looks like some users need to be weighted poorly or re-educated on how to tag posts. I'm seeing a lot of tags like "Seeing Cornelia Gets Me Instantly Erect" or "My Tongue Aches To Explore Cornelias Love Tunnel"
                                    Actually, I think I figured out who that is...he writes those tags late at night, after he's done Tweeting...typing out "My Tongue Wants To Taste Your Girlcum, Jess," with his tiny fingers on his tiny hands...

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                    Working...
                                    X