Help us direct a solo video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help us direct a solo video!

We'd like to try a new Thing, where a member "guest-directs" a solo video shoot, using Skype. But, to be the lucky member, you need to complete this task:

Be one of the most prolific taggers of our older content (that is, content that is 4 years old or more), in the next few weeks (until May 16th, 2011). We'll look at the relevance of the tags applied - make sure they are meaningful! - and randomly select a person.

They'll let us know their ideas for a shoot, and if it's appropriate, we'll organise you for the shoot proper. We have an awesome model lined up for this

The fine print:
    * This is open to current paying members only
    * You must have a Skype account (free to set up)
    * If Skype does not work on the date and time of the shoot, we'll give you a phone number to call, at your expense
    * the start time of the shoot will be around midday of a week day, GMT+1 (Netherlands) time. We expect your involvement in the shoot to go for around 1.5 hours

Please post any questions to this thread!

Just to clarify.. as I'm a little confused.

Ok... I understand that we must post meaningful tags to old shoots... sounds like fun any excuse to check out the achieves. So then from the leading taggers one is randomly picked out. The selected lucky person then gives their ideas on how they will direct a shoot and if its workable then it will happen. Is that right???

So all we need to do at this stage is Tag the older posts. No need to post shoot ideas.

Am I on the same page??? Think its a great way to get tags working on the older shoots.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
      Just to clarify.. as I'm a little confused.

Ok... I understand that we must post meaningful tags to old shoots... sounds like fun any excuse to check out the achieves. So then from the leading taggers one is randomly picked out. The selected lucky person then gives their ideas on how they will direct a shoot and if its workable then it will happen. Is that right???

So all we need to do at this stage is Tag the older posts. No need to post shoot ideas.

Am I on the same page??? Think its a great way to get tags working on the older shoots.
      You nailed it, spot on. NOW GET TAGGING!!!!

Comment

If we show up on your doorstep, can we direct the shoot in person?

Comment

Originally posted by Dekoda View Post
          If we show up on your doorstep, can we direct the shoot in person?
          haha ummmmmm no.

Comment

I understand it that way, that you will ask your members if they like to do it. We have to do nothing before, no registration or so, and have to wait ?
            Last edited by froggytown; 9 May 2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by froggytown View Post
              I understand it that way, that you will ask your members if they like to do it. We have to do nothing before, no registration or so, and have to wait ?
              We have to add "meaningful" Tags like crazy to the AW gems from yesteryear.

Must say... finding some problems with tagging, some of the older shoots... The image set and the video sets are often very different. Fleur for example. Do we need to do meaningful tags that cover both the image and video, or can we do tags that cover one like "in water" when tagging the whole "shoot"

Pinky

Comment

Both mrpinkeyes, you can either tag separately or as the whole shoot!

Comment

Can I direct a shoot ?

Comment

Well Daria, that is an interesting thought...Skype model guest director. I love it.

Comment

Only tagging??? Hey that´s funny.....

Comment

We have the top ten taggers!! well done everybody. Expect to hear from me very soon to proceed with the application process.

mf

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                        Working...
                        X