Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMS2 sneek peek: shoot page

[this rave is repeated for each of these page design threads]

We're busily steaming ahead on our CMS 2 work - redesign of the look and feel, and an entirely new back end. Using the feedback from the other thread in this sub-forum, and collected from emails, the boards and chats with users over the last few years, we're making something that is pretty awesome. Obviously, what we're showing here are screen shots, and you cannot interact with them, and interactivity is a key part of the design, but it'll give you an idea of some of the stuff we're doing.

I stress these are Alpha designs, not locked in stone, not complete, but have been through several design iterations, and are close to where we'll be. The icons are all place-holders. We have imported most of the media added to the site in 2009, so we have some data to play with.

Of course, there are many more pages to come, but here's a taste. Feedback is welcome, but not all feature requests will be implemented for go-live. But, once we do go live, we'll be adding new features. In a few months, we'll be looking for beta testers to try to break stuff.

Shoot page
    What we used to call a "bio page" or "profile page" is now called a "shoot page" (see below, "model page"). The shoot page has all the info and media for that shoot. Lots of mouse-overs and tactility. Note the list of all the models in this shoot.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Frans; 12 August 2009, 07:58 AM. Reason: added image

Garion.

Thanks for the update on the CMS on this thread and others.

My first impression is that it has a clean fresh uncluttered look and as such seems well laid out, this applies to all the pages you have posted on their individual threads. I notice that there is no stills only page (as there is for video) posted is that because a mock-up was not ready or one is not planned, I see an images option so I assume the former ?

I would like to second Giselle's comment on the 'model page' and add that I feel that this would serve to personalise the page.

Perhaps a little box in the layout where we could either write a small paragraph about ourselves or list our top 10 most favorite things. Maybe it's just a "girl thing" but I'm always very curious to know if the object of my desire shares similar interests or what her motivations were for posing nude
    A suggestion; would it be possible to distance the logout button from others button particularly the Help Centre drop down one that is just below.

Not specific to these pages but is it intended to have a direct link to the instructional videos or their updated equivalents on the home page for the benefit of new members and of course existing members getting used to the new environment.

tom
    Last edited by tom2c7777; 11 August 2009, 01:28 PM. Reason: stills page & logout instructional

Comment

What do those radio buttons with the video-quality descriptions do? Switch the download options below? If so, will it be possible to 'preset' those via myAW or such?

The sorting is consistent with the Model page, but different from what we're used to (reversed actually). How would such a page look with only stills released (and vids not yet) ?

Will clicking on the video-thumbnail open the Flash vid?

Comment

i love the 'naturally delicious'

hate the colors, garion and maybe the pale fonts. i just flat cannot read it. and it may strain eyes of others.

it would be okay, i think, to keep the colors but bold print and enlarge it. even then, hate it...

i see the differences, sorta, but the only one that knocks my sox off is the ice cream cones.

otherwise, meh...

dancer

Comment

All in all it is a very alluring design.

I too love the naturally delicious ice creme logo and like a) the page's clear structure and b) that you list the models with name and picture. Now I have a chance to recognise the models in a group shoot without a long search.

The pale fonts are a hassle for me too. More saturated colours would make them easier to read.

Will you also group together related shoots? e.g. Katarina & Maria S.'s wonderful new DIM and Katarina's IM which seem to have been shot on the same couch and probably the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by wannadance View Post
            i love the 'naturally delicious'

hate the colors, garion and maybe the pale fonts. i just flat cannot read it. and it may strain eyes of others.

it would be okay, i think, to keep the colors but bold print and enlarge it. even then, hate it...
            I don't see much 'pale fonts', do you mean the light gray text? That is *intended* to be less visible I think.

Comment

Garion, the grey/black coloring of the video quality options would lead me to believe only HD (highest) is available. I think it's supposed to be reversed? Gray = not-available I would guess, hope so anyway 'cos that is what most people will assume

Comment

A search bar on each page is a welcome improvement.

Please implement some sort of redirection from the old CMS' URLs to CMS2, so that bookmarks don't break.

I think it would be nice to incorporate the "news" post that announces each shoot into the shoot page. It often has information about the shoot that isn't available on the shoot page itself.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaust View Post
                  I think it would be nice to incorporate the "news" post that announces each shoot into the shoot page. It often has information about the shoot that isn't available on the shoot page itself.
                  Those 'news posts' are called 'raves' and check it out, left side of the pic above... 'Read shoot raves' At least I *think* thats what is is.

Comment

frans, no i mean white or oyster background and light turquoise print. that is just too hard to read. i gave up, actually.

increase saturation of colors. pale pink or peach or something background and same color (soft turquoise) print only bolded and bigger. that's very ice creamy...i think the ice cream dealio and 'slogan' should both be bigger...

is this more clear? i gues s one of ice cream cones could have a cherry on top..., one with chocolate sauce?

too late for my formidable creativity. off to bed. kiss kiss kiss kiss LICK...
                    dancer

Comment

Dancer has a good point about that light-colored text on the light background, it's murder on the eyes after a short while of squintin' to see it & my glasses are still fairly new. Maybe a darker blue in place of the turquoise and black in place of the grey, that'd be an improvement & definitely easier on the eyes.

Oky, just my opinion about the ice cream cone logo; I can forsee the instance where the logo seen around by itsself could lead the viewer to thinkin' AW is ice cream deserts, allthough us guys in the membership know better. Just a thought.

Comment

I like the colours but agree that there should be a greater contrast between background and text.

tom

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                          What do those radio buttons with the video-quality descriptions do? Switch the download options below? If so, will it be possible to 'preset' those via myAW or such?
                          Def.

The sorting is consistent with the Model page, but different from what we're used to (reversed actually). How would such a page look with only stills released (and vids not yet) ?
                          Only the stills "block" would be listed.

Will clicking on the video-thumbnail open the Flash vid?
                          No, it will open the video page fot that video - see the other thread for how that looks.

Comment

Originally posted by wannadance View Post
                            Several people have mentioned that, so we'll re-review them, thanks.

Comment

hmm... I really like the current blue-on-blue. it's just me but for me that's Abby. I say keep it.

Comment

I like!
                                Very cool alpha designs.
                                I like the clean, open appearance. Looks less blocky.

Maybe we can keep the blue pages that we love so dear on the forums and message boards.

logo and tag line are cute, fun, and naughty (just like the web site and models)

Comment

I like it too

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                  Working...
                                  X