Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lep,

Thanks for that information.

So that it most members will know that there is list that they can go on for consideration as beta testers it may be useful to publicise this on the members home page, as you have done here.

tom

Comment

Hi Tom

Yep, Sue-Ann will be doing that as the time draws nigh.

I reckon the posters here will be the most committed to testing, and putting it on the home page too far in advance could draw offers from members who'd be happy to start today, but who might not have the time or inclination to follow up when it's ready for testing.

Comment

The AW colour scheme is very dear to me. In all my time here it's never grown transparent or been taken for granted. I notice and appreciate it with every visit to every page. Beyond sentimental attachment, one rationale for preserving it in some form is that it contains information about where you are and what you're looking at.

There are any number of ways that might be done, and the example below is intended to suggest some of them. I didn't have the time to finish them down to the text & icon details, but my own faves are the last three - like postage stamps commemorating the traditional colour scheme.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CMS2 colours.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	635861

Comment

Originally posted by Leprechaun View Post
          Hi Tom

Yep, Sue-Ann will be doing that as the time draws nigh.

I reckon the posters here will be the most committed to testing, and putting it on the home page too far in advance could draw offers from members who'd be happy to start today, but who might not have the time or inclination to follow up when it's ready for testing.
          Hi Lep,

Aye, I suspect you're not far off in that.

Although I like the 'clean uncluttered' look of CMS2 I too shall wipe away a tear when the blue pages go, as Luxman said they give an identity and to me a homely aura that with the look of the members home page gave a feeling of a Victorian gentleman's study. warm, homely, cluttered, a bit untidy and fussy, but everything had its place, books stacked on the desk corner, pipe stand here, magnifying glass there (Hmm 221b Baker St perhaps)

I like the commemorative postage stamps, I seem to remember that the site went pink for a few days last year, breast cancer awareness I think. Perhaps there could be blue days, the anniversary of the site being founded, Sue-Ann's birthday that sort of thing.

tom

Comment

Not really sure where to put this, but I think I might have stumbled upon a testing bug. I was browsing the GG section and I came upon a shoot from Jan 7 2009 labeled Annabelle Lee and Katherine F. It did not have a standard pic or picture set that accompanies the normal GG shoots, and only contained a part 2 of the video. It also had the new style watermarks from this thread. I'm not sure if it was meant for public view, so I just thought I would point it out.
            Last edited by Deevee51; 18 October 2009, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevee51 View Post
              Not really sure where to put this, but I think I might have stumbled upon a testing bug. I was browsing the GG section and I came upon a shoot from Jan 7 2009 labeled Annabelle Lee and Katherine F. It did not have a standard pic or picture set that accompanies the normal GG shoots, and only contained a part 2 of the video. It also had the new style watermarks from this thread. I'm not sure if it was meant for public view, so I just thought I would point it out.
              Thanks, will get that fixed !

Comment

I think I can put my finger on what makes me nervous about the new design - somehow the dazzling white seems cold and clinical, harsh and somehow uninviting, unwelcoming.

Go back to blue is my thought but then again this might just be a fear of change!
                Ultimately though content rules - I will pay for any site that has great nude footage.

Comment

I love it.
                  Would suggest to introduce a color scheme as well. One color for solo shoots, another for GG-T1, different for GG-T3 and so on.

Luv Sabrina

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina View Post
                    I love it.
                    Would suggest to introduce a color scheme as well. One color for solo shoots, another for GG-T1, different for GG-T3 and so on.

Luv Sabrina
                    I agree, we should retain the Blue/Green/Pink theme for Solo/IM/Girl-Girl.

L

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                      I agree, we should retain the Blue/Green/Pink theme for Solo/IM/Girl-Girl.

L
                      Ditto. I think it adds a nice splash of color and helps browsers identify what they are looking for a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by Giselle View Post
                        Ditto. I think it adds a nice splash of color and helps browsers identify what they are looking for a bit better.
                        That's what I'm thinking too. It breaks a bit that white/gray sterile and impersonal style.

Lxm

Comment

A bit like this?
                          (Warning: this is MY mock-up, NOT something anywhere near official or even on the test site!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	jette-in-color.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	636131

(Warning: this is MY mock-up, NOT something anywhere near official or even on the test site!)

Comment

That's exactly what I had in mind Frans!

L

Comment

Yeah! I agree...

GJ

Comment

With all those pictures of Jette it is bound to look great!

Having said that, I prefer the present calm blue.

Comment

L
                                  Well the top-left text in the boxes is to light-gray now, but webdev can figure that out You gonna file a Feature Request ? (I exceeded my quota on that long ago I think )

Comment

L
                                    YES - maybe I get a hugh when it goes online
                                    Luv Sabrina

Comment

Originally posted by Giselle View Post
                                      I agree with Giselle this is going to make the site better.

Comment

Those colors have been added already, but thanks for the support

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                        Working...
                                        X