Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMS2 sneek peek: video page

[this rave is repeated for each of these page design threads]

We're busily steaming ahead on our CMS 2 work - redesign of the look and feel, and an entirely new back end. Using the feedback from the other thread in this sub-forum, and collected from emails, the boards and chats with users over the last few years, we're making something that is pretty awesome. Obviously, what we're showing here are screen shots, and you cannot interact with them, and interactivity is a key part of the design, but it'll give you an idea of some of the stuff we're doing.

I stress these are Alpha designs, not locked in stone, not complete, but have been through several design iterations, and are close to where we'll be. The icons are all place-holders. We have imported most of the media added to the site in 2009, so we have some data to play with.

Of course, there are many more pages to come, but here's a taste. Feedback is welcome, but not all feature requests will be implemented for go-live. But, once we do go live, we'll be adding new features. In a few months, we'll be looking for beta testers to try to break stuff.

Video page
    The video page - a new page, where videos are embedded as flash (like the VNL on the front page). This video resizes while it's playing, if you resize the window. There's a neat little quality browser (some qualities have multiple formats, to in this screenie, only one is shown for HD). Users will be able to set a preference for their preferred type, and the "save" icon will download that version of that video.
    Attached Files

This would seem to overlap the Shoot Page ?

The part1/part2/backstage selectors would be more logical *above* the 'Video... part1' title. Make them tabs, makes it more obvious what they do.

I suspect I won't use this page much myself, takes more effort to download all vids from a shoot compared to the Shoot Page.

Comment

I might be interested in this feature to see tags about a specific shoot. E.G. if the model is not nude, I will know not to download, or to download a LQ file to save bandwidth.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
      Working...
      X