How do page requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do page requested

Hello Garion,I am sorry that I have not had the time to investigate the new site much more thoroughly. I am trying to make a greater effort as of now.
    When I first logged on and went to the new CM site it was a bit intimidating. It is very different from what I am used to both visually and methodology of use. I began randomly searching and exploring and to be honest some of the navigation is a bit difficult. Perhaps I'm more of a novice user, we did begin to get the hang of things and I am sure given time and experience will become very adept at navigating the site. I uncovered what I thought were several bugs and begin the process of reporting when I thought to check on your initial advisement to read the known bugs lists etc.
    I did find a couple new bugs but when I tried to report them, I neglected to note the URL page, and the specific error message. When it tried to re-create my problem I could not.

Today I went to the model page and select the model at random (one of your more recent contributions) and I tried to open the list of images in order to make a custom list for download. I could not see any obvious way to select individual images and save them to a custom file for download.

Is it possible for someone to generate a "How Too" page? By this I mean simple instructions on navigating the general options in the site. For example if I select browse, and then choose a model (no other filters) I am directed to a page with her set. There are several windows which at first are confusing. If there are multiple sets how to choose which one? If there is video same question?
    I guess I need to explore more, those hoping to start this discussion thread so that people may offer their suggestions or better yet their discoveries on how best to navigate the new site. In the old site it is easy to see the most recent additions, or I can select a solo lists scroll through and select a model. Want to open a particular set it is easy to check images that I want to say and then download as a custom set. So far I have not discovered how to do this in your new site.

Would anyone be willing to discuss or offer up suggestions about ways to manage many of the filters and options. Because this is relatively new to me (I guess have little experience in a variety of websites available) but from what I have seen the new site will be very attractive. Especially when you add color to the initial display pages, and a greater understanding of the filters is made.

I just downloaded the new After Dark teaser I cannot wait to view.
    I again would like to put in my shameless plug or plea to be a beta tester for that aspect of your site as well.
    I know I will be spending a lot of time there if and when I can.
    Ciao,
    Browneyes
    Well I guess I just have to practice and explore...

This video might be helpful?

Comment

Browneyes,

In addition to the video that Giselle linked to there is also the FAQ page specifically Site Guide. (be sure to click on question five immediately above it for a lovely surprise)

tom

Comment

You specifically want information on something that's called 'multi-select'. Be aware that currenty it is not possibly to download custom-zips on the beta-site. You can select items and play around with it though.

FAQ page you want: http://beta-www.abbywinters.com/help...de#MultiSelect for search explanations look here: http://beta-www.abbywinters.com/help...uide#SearchBar

The video Giselle pointed to might indeed also be helpfull!

Comment

Originally posted by tom2c7777 View Post

In addition to the video that Giselle linked to there is also the FAQ page specifically Site Guide. (be sure to click on question five immediately above it for a lovely surprise)

tom
          what surprise?

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
            what surprise?

What appears on your screen when you click on the question 5. Or would you rather be a fish?

Alas no instructions on how to achieve piscine or crustaceous status!!

tom
            Last edited by tom2c7777; 17 March 2010, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X