No announcement yet.

CMS1 Lists in CMS2: your feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a page for video newsletters somewhere on the new site ?

yusa

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
      Is there a page for video newsletters somewhere on the new site ?
      There should be (under 'Updates') but it's not there now. Bug reported to HQ.

Comment

actually, we don't plan to replicate the VNL archive.

Comment

Awww.. why not? There were some quit fun ones on there... esp. of Paula catching a butterfly

Comment

Is it possible to delete a tag? I made a tag called "monkeymagic test" to iron out some problems I was having, but I don't want that tag to remain forever and clutter up the system.

Comment

Voting it down (hand pointing down/red) should remove it (if it is your tag and nobody else votes for it).

Comment

I've been trying to use the multi-mode facility convert my lists to faves and tags but it doesn't seem to work - it wont move more than one image at a time into faves or tags (I've sent a bug report). But as I've tried this I've realised more about what we'll be losing (even if it worked). It's disappointing not to have lists that the creators can add their comments to - a word of explanation describing the motivation for the list or comments under individual images or videos to say 'you must see this' or 'is this the best orgasm on the site?'. Sorry, but this is one subscriber who is really upset to be losing the lists.

Comment

Originally posted by ConnorSir View Post
                  I've been trying to use the multi-mode facility convert my lists to faves and tags but it doesn't seem to work - it wont move more than one image at a time into faves or tags (I've sent a bug report).
                  Is your problem *selecting* the items or performing an action on those selected?

If it is selection, you either need to keep 'ctrl' pressed to selected several items, or use the 'rubber band method'. That means you click inside an item-box you want to select and KEEP the mouse-button pressed while dragging it to another corner. You'll get the idea from there.

Did you read this FAQ: http://beta-www.abbywinters.com/help...de#MultiSelect ? Did it help ?

Comment

As I see it, tags replicate (and in many ways improve on) one way of using lists, but not the "gallery" functionality some very good lists are. Tags are not ordered, have no comments, and are (mostly) a community effort.

I think a gallery function, much like old lists with order, comments, and a reasonable size limit would be both a useful new tool and a good way to let people convert old lists. With the tag functionality now available, the problems with the old lists being slow and hard to manage would be lessened, as the very large lists would be replaced by tags.

As for tags, it would be nice to distinguish between objective and subjective tags. There should probably be a set of standardized, site sponsored/controlled tags applied to models, shoots and videos. These should be strictly objective, given a special symbol, and not user-editable. Examples are hair color, "shot by ...", "outdoors", "HD video"/"HQ video"/"XL images" etc.

Subjective tags that get a lot of "thumbs up" should get a symbol like a gold star or similar, and be listed first in the tags list. Tags that get voted down should display differently, and not be included in a search by default. It could also be useful to allow searching for only "gold star" tags.

Another problem with some tags are that some are overused like "fave" and "best". They are inherently subjective, so unless some kind of hits/thumbs up count system is used to allow searching for images that more than N people "faved", it's pretty much useless.

Another issue is that a lot of the image tags that are used on recent shoots apply more to the entire shoot than to the image in question. Even if a model has for instance pierced nipples, only the images that actually show pierced nipples should be tagged. In general, images should have much fewer tags than shoots, videos and models, and they should apply to the individual image. Is it possible to combine shoot/model and image tags in a search, so that you can search for images with pierced nipples of models with freckles?

All in all, tags have a lot of potential, and it's clear they will work much better when appropriate tags have been added to most images, but there's still room for improvement. How much work would it take to implement a gallery function?

PS. Can we please have a link from the image page to the imageset page that the picture is on? That's one I really miss from CMS1.

// penur

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                      Voting it down (hand pointing down/red) should remove it (if it is your tag and nobody else votes for it).
                      Do you have to vote down images one-by-one? Or is there a way to vote down multiple images at once?

Comment

Originally posted by penur70 View Post
                        I think a gallery function, much like old lists with order, comments, and a reasonable size limit would be both a useful new tool and a good way to let people convert old lists.
                        We will not be adding this.

As for tags, it would be nice to distinguish between objective and subjective tags. There should probably be a set of standardized, site sponsored/controlled tags applied to models, shoots and videos. These should be strictly objective, given a special symbol, and not user-editable. Examples are hair color, "shot by ...", "outdoors", "HD video"/"HQ video"/"XL images" etc.

Subjective tags that get a lot of "thumbs up" should get a symbol like a gold star or similar, and be listed first in the tags list. Tags that get voted down should display differently, and not be included in a search by default. It could also be useful to allow searching for only "gold star" tags.
                        The taxonimist in me agrees with you, and we can add that feature later if we feel it becomes necessary. But, tags are sorted currently - site tags are listed first, and these are the objective ones you mention. After that come tags members have added, whihc are sorted in most-voted-for-first order.

Another problem with some tags are that some are overused like "fave" and "best". They are inherently subjective, so unless some kind of hits/thumbs up count system is used to allow searching for images that more than N people "faved", it's pretty much useless.
                        Agree. I expect that less people will tag things with "fave" and instead use the actual FAVES tool, so you can mark a model as YOUR fave, and not confuse others with it.

Another issue is that a lot of the image tags that are used on recent shoots apply more to the entire shoot than to the image in question. Even if a model has for instance pierced nipples, only the images that actually show pierced nipples should be tagged. In general, images should have much fewer tags than shoots, videos and models, and they should apply to the individual image. Is it possible to combine shoot/model and image tags in a search, so that you can search for images with pierced nipples of models with freckles?
                        When you search or filter, images, models, videos and shoots are all returned. You can choose then to filter by the media type you're looking for. We spoke a lot about what entities should have inherited which tags. Some site tags are inherited, but it quickly becomes a fantastically complex problem, and we ran out of time to work more on it. We may revisit it in the future.

I'm developing a programme for members to be encouraged to tag images more agressively, and I believe that once that process reaches critical mass, there will be significantly improved usefulness of ther tagging system.

PS. Can we please have a link from the image page to the imageset page that the picture is on? That's one I really miss from CMS1.
                        We can make it so it links to the page you came from, but it's not a priority right now. The need for this button has always bugged me. Why not just use the back button on your browser?

Comment

Originally posted by got2seeit2 View Post
                          Another feature that I will miss is Random Lists... Since all the hard work of creating lists is going down the tubes, those lists compiled by others will not be randomized in the Random lists feature. What a shame, considering all the wasted "white space" on the new site.
                          We'll be adding random lists to the members page soon.

The hard work of lists being created is not going down the tubes. We'll retain that data for quite some time, and we will continue to provide systems to manage Lists.

BTW I hope the white color is only a place holder- hopefully there only to contrast the "new" site from the "old" site. Hopefully after the dust settles we will get some color back....
                          The colour is not a place-holder, and will remain. The colour is in the shoots!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeymagic27 View Post
                            Do you have to vote down images one-by-one? Or is there a way to vote down multiple images at once?
                            How did you tag them in the first place, per image or as a shoot? If the latter removing should be done on shoot level. There's no way to quickly remove a tag from lotsa separate images.

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                              The taxonimist in me agrees with you, and we can add that feature later if we feel it becomes necessary. But, tags are sorted currently - site tags are listed first, and these are the objective ones you mention. After that come tags members have added, which are sorted in most-voted-for-first order.
                              If those are site-tags and objective, why can people vote on them?

Anyway, it might be useful to somehow distinguish site-tags from member-tags ? Looking at Video Game Girls I don't really so a sort/difference between the two types of tags?

@penur70: the 'best' is actually a site tag, it's the set of pics you get when you download a 'best of this shoot' set.

Comment

If those are site-tags and objective, why can people vote on them?
                                Why not?

Anyway, it might be useful to somehow distinguish site-tags from member-tags ? Looking at Video Game Girls I don't really so a sort/difference between the two types of tags?
                                Yah, we're looking at adding that for admins and trusted users. I guess we should who them in a differnt colour, but i don;t think it matters that much?

Comment

When you search or filter, images, models, videos and shoots are all returned. You can choose then to filter by the media type you're looking for. We spoke a lot about what entities should have inherited which tags. Some site tags are inherited, but it quickly becomes a fantastically complex problem, and we ran out of time to work more on it. We may revisit it in the future.
                                  I can see the point in keeping things as simple as possible. Hopefully the database engine supports more complex searches that can be implemented later.

Still, it could be a good idea to see if it is possible to mark tags with icons for models, shoots, videos and images, and allow searching for "parent" tags. Example: images and videos belong to shoots and contain models. So if you search for e.g. videos with the "talking" tag, you can also add a model tag for "massive mammaries" and a shoot tag for "outdoors".

I could see the use for negative tag searches as well, so we don't need for example both a "tattoos" and a "no tattoos" tag.

We can make it so it links to the page you came from, but it's not a priority right now. The need for this button has always bugged me. Why not just use the back button on your browser?
                                  Because when you go to an image from a search, the back button doesn't take you where you want to go... Also the image browsing pattern of: click pic, next, next, next, etc. until a less interesting part of the shoot comes up, click image page and find next interesting image is not supported with the back button. Another problem is that clicking on an image from the shoot page takes you to page 1, not the page the image is on.

Now that the image scaling works nice, it's the one thing missing from making image browsing as good as CMS1.

@Frans: Yes, I noticed that now. An "AW" icon to mark it as offical and perhaps renaming it to "best of shoot" would be more intuitive. BTW, what happens if a member marks another image with the "best" tag?

// penur

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall
                                    Because when you go to an image from a search, the back button doesn't take you where you want to go...
                                    Ok, good point. Why not open images in new tabs (centre-mouse-click in most browsers)?

...until a less interesting part of the shoot comes up,
                                    You must be thinking of a different website...

Anyway, I take your point, we have added a card for it, and we will do it (back button goes to the page of the image gallery you came from).

Comment

Still, it could be a good idea to see if it is possible to mark tags with icons for models, shoots, videos and images
                                      Tags aren't specific to a type (image/video/shoot or model) as far as I know.

Comment

How did you tag them in the first place, per image or as a shoot? If the latter removing should be done on shoot level. There's no way to quickly remove a tag from lotsa separate images.
                                        The option to remove a tag from lotsa separate images might be a worthwhile addition then? Perhaps a "remove tag" button or checkbox next to the "add tag" button in the Multi-Select mode?
                                        Also, I've noticed that I can completely remove a tag from an image, yet that image will still show up when browsing the tag, like the tag is forever invisibly attached to an image once it's been applied. Is that a bug?

Comment

Originally posted by monkeymagic27 View Post
                                          Also, I've noticed that I can completely remove a tag from an image, yet that image will still show up when browsing the tag, like the tag is forever invisibly attached to an image once it's been applied. Is that a bug?
                                          That's a bug, I've filed a bug-report for it. Thanks!

Comment

Misuse of image tags?

I suspect that the Tags feature will be OK - good even - when we've got the hang of it, however it doesn't seem at all intuitive to me - can someone explain to me why this photo of Lynley's feet is tagged Small Breasts ?!?

Confused of Warwick !

Comment

Not all tags are placed by AW, members place tags to. If you don't agree with a tag simply vote it down (the red down point hand when you hoover over a tag).

Comment

actually, we don't plan to replicate the VNL archive.
                                                Oh . Why not?

please keep them. They're fun

Comment

downloading lists

why isnt it possible for me to download (zip) my lists anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by audun25 View Post
                                                    why isnt it possible for me to download (zip) my lists anymore?
                                                    Do you mean your old lists ? You can still download those using the old site. Since your lists will be read-only on the new site, downloading them once will be sufficient

A link to myAW from which you should be able to download your old lists; http://old-www.abbywinters.com/main.php?page=my+aw

Comment

Do you mean your old lists ? You can still download those using the old site. Since your lists will be read-only on the new site, downloading them once will be sufficient

A link to myAW from which you should be able to download your old lists; http://old-www.abbywinters.com/main.php?page=my+aw
                                                      Thanks for the link, happy to see my lists still there (in the old style). Trying to download send me to the new site. No download.

Comment

The NEW AW does not have LISTS. I Hope they fix this...should be in a main selection on the menu lists and it is not...so, when the OLD AW goes away, then so does the LISTS?

Comment

Please give us lists back!

Comment

wasn't it easier to have solo,girl/girl and intimate moments written at the top of the screen ?
                                                            and when you pick one,you get the photos of the girls in the section you picked,now every single picture in the solo section has the word solo written above it,even though you know where you are because you just picked the solo box,and when you pick model,every single girl has model written above her instead of just the picture,do you know how irritating that is ? what was the wrong with just the photo ? wheres the advancement there,it's a joke.

When i'm looking at the new style photo pages the feel I get is that I'm on the Girls Out West site

Comment

Originally posted by audun25 View Post
                                                              Thanks for the link, happy to see my lists still there (in the old style). Trying to download send me to the new site. No download.
                                                              Wait.. your old list should be visible on the new site under 'My Account | Lists'; http://beta-www.abbywinters.com/mylists click the list you want and be prepared to wait for some time (it's slow). When you have the list on your page, use 'Multi Select' right-top and select all pics (start IN one thumbnail and drag to right-bottom) then use 'save as zip' in the multi-select box.

There's no hurry to do so btw, 'cos the old lists will stay there for some time (though read-only).

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X