Search field and enter key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search field and enter key

Is it just me, or does the search field not respond the standard 'hit enter to initiate search' feature?

It sort seems to work sometimes, but not mostly? ??

Usually, hitting enter executes a search on most websites. Do you have to click the icon on the new CMS? Or is this a bug/oversight?

Or just me?

I'm using firefox 3.63

cheers

PS I dunno, I tried it again and now it works fine. But it didn't 30 seconds ago. weird

To me it seem to require two hits on the Enter key after typing in the search term. The first, perhaps to confirm selection, the second to initiate search. Clicking on the icon requires just the one click.

tom

Comment

Correct Tom, that is because you search for "Angie,Cleo" which would get you shoots from both girls. This way you can use the suggestions-dropdown to fill in both 'Angie' and 'Cleo' in the search box.

If the suggestions-dropdown hasn't appeared yet an 'Enter' will start the search.

Comment

while that's different to Google, I reckon it makes sense int he context Frans presents. What do you reckon?

it's bugs me a little, but i cannot decide. i guess we sould just make it an option?

Comment

I think it's fine how it is. Other sites' searches are set up in the same fashion so it shouldn't be anything new having to hit 'Enter' twice.

Comment

Indeed, don't make everything an option that confuses more then it resolves. Adjusting to double-tap is easier

Does google have suggestions dropdown from it's main search form? Never noticed that.

Comment

personally, it's driving me nuts

I prefer google style. Now it's been explained I can see the logic, and I can used to it. But I'm not sure something as simple and intuitive as search should need to be explained?

I wonder how many people would search two models names at once? wouldn't one model searches be more common that multiple names? (is there a devils advocate emoticon? )

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
              Working...
              X