Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Girl/Girl: Sunset Girls (Girl-Girl Fun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

This looks a real photographers delight.
    Looking forward to seeing much more of this.

Comment

Ahh I've been anticipating this one since first seeing it mentioned on Behind the scenes back at the end of February, as Patience wrote then:-

"...and wind and wave fun, and hot girl fun, and sunset fun. Put all that together and you have ANOTHER awesome Fun Abbywinters.com shoot!"

tom

Comment

Love the GG+ shoots and this one looks like it will be fun too!

Comment

For those interested, left to right are, Janie, Antonella, Michaela and Laura P, in front with her head backward is Renata.

Comment

I said I’d been looking forward to this shoot and by gosh it does not disappoint instead it inspires, for this imageset is a symphony of light and beauty. Five gorgeous models, delicious to see in their similarities and differences in splendid surroundings, the intense blue of the sky, the sand of the beach and dunes, the frothy breaking of the waves on lovely bodies, the delightful reflections of those lovely bodies in the sea, all washed; nay saturated with a glorious light. Jacki with consummate skill and artistry beautifully crafts a splendid composition, or rather series of compositions. Those with the girls against the sea and the setting sun as it dips below the horizon are breathtakingly beautiful, naturally delicious in every particular, for which I tender my thanks to all concerned.

tom

Comment

The light is beautiful and the photos are breathtaking, but the poor things look a bit cold and shivery in a couple of the shots. I'm sure the evening wind was not as warm as the light of the setting sun. Thanks to the girls for putting up with the conditions to give us this classic set of images.

Comment

Only seen the photos at time of writing. I should love this shoot, but there's something not right with the photographs. They seem somehow detached and ho-hum. The girls are sitting on the sand. Now compare these ho-hum shots with the brilliant abbey Six Girls shoot from 10 years ago - that was a 1000 times better. Bit disappointed in this. Brilliant project - bunch of girls naked! But the photos left me cold, there's no art, no eroticism. NO CHEMISTRY, no emotional cuteness. There are, inevitably, a couple of exceptions, a couple of the curvier models are absolutely lovely and a few of the photographs were brilliant, but only about 4.
                Abby gets wonderful models but wastes them because the photographers and videographers are rubbish most of the time, shooting sitting models and the like.
                However, having said that, Abby is still far and away the best site out there of them all, because the models are so lovely! I love abby winters! But if only abby were more consistent in making beautiful shoots showing girl next door girls actually doing interesting things, and having their bodies shown in dynamic poses, like walking, running, doing an activity or two.
                The problem is with abby in general, the photographers and videographers do not seem to be fascinated by the female form and it shows in these mediocre photographs. How can such beauties all together be made mediocre???
                Abby shows only 5% of the potential, of the many possibilities of nude women doing things. Girl sitting there is not interesting, it should be girl sitting, jumping, doing yoga, crouching, dashing, running twisting, playing, doing, rolling, lying on back lying on front, all sorts of things, and with nice side-lighting to capture the figures.
                Abby does get it right though, like Fitball girls - 10million/10!!!!!! Ditto aerobics girls (once they're naked) and yoga girls, hoolahoop girls with also legacy brilliance such as paint shop girls, six girls, kitchen girls, laundry girls, shower girls, and bits of other multi-girl shoots too!
                Anyway, the video of this shoot might be excellent, let's see when it appears :-)
                Last edited by Xabbyy3; 22 August 2010, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Great stills! I enjoyed getting a new peak at Renata, she is a sexy girl!
                  The blonds, Michaela and Laura, look particularly yummy in the golden afternoon light.
                  I loved this one...

Comment

These shots are so beautiful that I could happily use any of them for my computer wallpaper, if I lived by myself. I'll enjoy them when time allows.

Comment

It was interesting keeping the cameras dry for this shoot...and ourselves for that matter!

M

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                        It was interesting keeping the cameras dry for this shoot...and ourselves for that matter!

M
                        Hehe the perils of shooting!

I had vague memories of Jacki making a similar comment and by golly I was right, still some working braincells left despite my 'best' efforts...

"So it is kind of hard competing with nature when shooting. You see we can't just tell the sun to pause, or slow down becasue Patience and I need to get the perfect shots. Not only were the gorgeous models soaking wet, but we were too. Those waves are kinda powerful. This is new model Laura P having a laugh at the scenario."

Not long to go 'till the video, eagerly anticipated after the tantalising preview.

tom
                        Last edited by tom2c7777; 24 August 2010, 08:22 AM. Reason: perils

Comment

I have to concur with Xabbyy3 that this set lacks a certain something compared to the old 'six girls' shoot - be it chemistry, interaction between the girls.

Having said that I do NOT agree that "photographers and videographers are rubbish most of the time", there is plenty of recent material which I think is excellent, though mostly I go for single girl stuff rather than multi or IM.

Comment

It could just be I'm artistic and have high standards, but I can't help feeling that a great videographer and photographer working a abby could work wonders, by putting the models through a series of interesting postures and angles, most of all, doing activities. A great example was an accidental shot of a naked model walking up to a piano and playing it in a background shoot. Those brilliant moments should be built into the shoot, not be an accident. There are exceptions but there should be *more* exceptions :-)) I'm bored of shoots where models take off their clothes in the same old way, then sit down and stay sitting on a couch talking and the shoot ends.
                            As I say, Abby is the best site on the web. I wouldn't say that if Abby were not doing a lot right. I just see that they can be brilliant if they wanted to be. Instead we get brilliance 5% of the time and 40% is mediocre. I wish Abby could be brilliant all the time.

Comment

The one thing that AW provides that others don't is that we get to see more natural performances.
                              Has anyone seen the Russian sites where the models are absolutely stunning, but the shoots are ruined because its being directed by an immature young male?
                              I don't subscribe to anything other than AW now because I don't want to waste my time.
                              So yeah, I like seeing the AW women enjoying their experience.

Comment

nice concept, whether it worked that well, i'm a bit hit and miss on.

was it winter time? the models look a bit cold

there was a bit of noise in the latter shoots, getting late?

Comment

Video was not so good either. Complete lack of vision by the director/videographer. Abby just made naked models boring, a feat that is surely impossible! come on Abby, next time you make a shoot, plan it a bit. Storyboard it, so you can tell the models what to do. The improvisation isn't working, it's dull! Great shots of the sunset and ocean though! Why not have the models play beach games, get some rapport going, make it interested. Get them to make more poses when trying to achieve a certain goal. Make it more fun!

Comment

Wonderful video but maybe a little too short. It's fantastic to see 5 beauties naked on the beach.

Comment

A delightful video that is a fine evocation of an insouciant afternoon and evening by the sea. Five beautiful models lie and chat in the sun before undressing, first to bathers then to gorgeous flesh, their doing so splendidly, indeed admirably captured by Michelle in a melange of fine scenes, some close-up others not, the play of light and shade upon sand speckled skin as they move around being delightfully evident. Later the girls, set against the sunset, washed by it's glorious bronze light, have their frolics in the froth and spray of breaking waves captured in a fine sequence. My thanks to Michelle, the team and the girls for this fine video that is a joy to watch and listen to, especially so on a dull wet morning.

tom

Comment

Originally posted by Xabbyy3 View Post
                                        Video was not so good either. Complete lack of vision by the director/videographer. Abby just made naked models boring, a feat that is surely impossible! come on Abby, next time you make a shoot, plan it a bit. Storyboard it, so you can tell the models what to do. The improvisation isn't working, it's dull! Great shots of the sunset and ocean though! Why not have the models play beach games, get some rapport going, make it interested. Get them to make more poses when trying to achieve a certain goal. Make it more fun!
                                        Hi Xabby,

I can make a million excuses and 5 million reasons why I personally didn't do this or that, but no one likes excuses and I take full responsibility for my work. So in saying that I am taking what you say, writing it all in a little black book and plan on making your experience with us a better one, but I can't do it alone, I want your help. I agree we should definitely storyboard multiple girl shoots (obviously not GGT3 though), and it is something that I have been wanting to implement for a long time, and the time is now, also the way the shoot was scheduled was silly, we should never try rush to get stills and video on the same sunset, so consider it done. I also agree with some of the other comments about the lack of chemistry with these models, obviously this is and always will be a tricky one though we do our best and will do better.
                                        What I would like from you is, 1) give me visual references of the types of poses you like, stuff that you would like to see in all shoots? 2) what kind of 'games' do yo want to see, something different, will you ever get sick of girls doing yoga, or is it a constant win? 3) More activities??? like what, give me specifics??

Michelle

oh just one more thing...I am the one who has the power to change these things and I want to, as I said, but it's probably not a great idea to bag me on these boards, if you help me out I can help you. Just a little patience is needed sometimes, not a slinging match. honey not vinegar.

Comment

Great response, Michelle! Now to me that's what makes this site unique. Your willingness to cater to your audience.

Comment

Five beautiful models (and Michaela is a favourite) in a picturesque setting....I'm not complaining.

The video seemed to try to be a Backstage style video although I agree it seemed to struggle with some lack of chemistry between these models. Some pretty passages though.

And as for the 'controversy' over this shoot well sorry but no storyboard, no beach games (i.e. no beach volleyball like some 50's nudist film) for me. Storyboarding as in actually telling a story sounds like taking AW in a direction it's never gone before (except in a parody/send-up like "Lara Croft".) But storyboarding as in planning each shot you want sounds just fine. Yes improvisation can sometimes be dull but at least it's unpredictable. As for what else can be done on a beach at sunset, hmm not sure - running, having a dog fetch a stick, beach combing.....

Talking about the Six Girl shoot of 6 years ago, 5 out of 6 models then had some sort of bush. Now 5 out of 5 models have none. How times have changed. For me, thats ....

Comment

A very entertaining and fun video and photoset. I thoroughly enjoy the GG-Fun sets. Job well-done by everyone.

Comment

Discussion about how to shoot girl/girl shoots and/story-boarding them has been moved to Storyboarding girl/girl shoots , feel free to continue it there

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                Working...
                                                X