No announcement yet.

Rejoin problems and questions here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One question not answered in my post above is, What if you don't want to keep your old username or password? The answer is that you can change either or both. In the last picture of the post above, (where I've put "Your old name & password" in red), those fields can also be your new username and/or password. If it's a new username (one that's never been used), any valid password will be accepted.

You do need your last username and password to get to the returning member's join page, either by logging in from the "Returning Member?" link (Method 1) or logging in to the site (Method 2), but once you're there, you can pick any username that nobody else has already used. If you want to revert to a former username, you can do that too, but you'll need to know the password you last used with it, because the system will recognise it, and show you a big pink box with a message like "Please choose another username, LePétomane is currently in use. You may reuse the username if you provide the password for your previous account." (We can look up the old password for you if you need it). So, as long as it's not someone else, you can be who you are, who you were, or who you'd like to become.

Be careful about typo's, tho. Your site username is one thing we can't change for you after you've joined. If you wind up as MrLongshit, your only solution is to cancel your rebills, wait for your account to expire, then rejoin again as MrLongshot.
    Last edited by Leprechaun; 13 November 2010, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Help me.
      My account has lapsed and I can't renew my membership.
      The problem is that I'm a long-time-member since 2005. But the returning member page only offers me the "normal" discount.
      I want to rejoin at the old rates as you promise.
      FAQ says: If you have been a customer before April 2008, and you want to rejoin at our old rates, you must rejoin within seven days of your previous subscription lapsing.
      But how can I do this? Last year it works without any problems. I think you forget about us old memebers with a one-year-membership. The system thinks, I joined in November 2008 because with a one-year-membership there's no way to automatically renew the membership.
      My username is netjay, my Subscription id is aw981005. I'm a memeber since March 2005 without any break.
      I'm very disappointed - please help.

Comment

netjay, did you read this thread http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=13183 ?? If so, did it help, if not why not.. where do you get stuck?

Comment

Frans, sure I did read this. You don't understand the problem.
          I'm a member since 2005 and the way you describe in the thread only offers a 10% discount for returning members but not the special discount for grandfathered members who joined before thr site split.

Comment

Ok, that needs to be fixed by account support. Please do NOT rejoin unless told to by customer support, rejoins at 'wrong' rates are difficult to fix

Comment

Thanks Frans. I'll wait.

Comment

Everything's ok - I'm back for one more year.

Comment

Ok, my membership expired late last night, so I'm going to re-read Lep's how-to instructions and see if everything goes smoothly in rejoining tonight after work...and making sure I get my old rate. Wish me luck.

Comment

Still waiting to hear from you Leprechaun. I'm having problems trying to rejoin. Help! Sent you an email 2 days ago describing the problem.

Comment

Hi laktor

Sent a reply (more than one, actually) to the address you wrote from. Have you checked your other mailbox?

Comment

Lep, I just sent you a reply. I'm waiting on a yes or no answer. I want to get back to enjoying the site as soon as possible!

Comment

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                              I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              With post-count fully in-tact even Good job Lep!

Comment

Hey-ya, Lep. I just recently had my debit card replaced and so I'll have different credit card number. Where can I submit that information so as to keep things rolling along smoothly with my subscription?

I've already visited the GMbill page and submitted my new card's 3-digit security number they requested, but where can I update the actual card number?

Comment

Hey Wolf

When it's a whole new card, we don't have the ability to update it at this time. (We will, but it's a long process involving more than just adding a module to the existing software - there are also banking and gov't regulations to be reckoned with.) What you'll need to do is cancel your rebills (My Account -> subscriptions), then rejoin when your subscription has expired.

Please don't rejoin before your current sub has lapsed, it can cause problems if you get two accounts going at the same time (not to mention that you'd be paying for the same service twice while both subs were active.) You'll be sent an email the minute your subscription expires, so you do want to be sure that the email addy on file at that same GMBill page is one where you'll be able to see the notification.

Comment

This might be tricky because at this time my account shows '0 days left' on the home page. However I will go ahead and cancel re-bills and look for the E-mail from y'all. How long should I wait before stepping through the re-join process?

Comment

Hi Wolf

You can rejoin now

Comment

Okay Lep. Thanks. Looks like everything's peachy

Comment

I'm having a similar issue rejoining. My subscription lapsed due to an old credit card, so I bought a 1-year subscription with a new card and the same user name. But apparently the system kept trying to rebill me using the old card and a few days later deactivated my account, despite having just paid for an extra year. I emailed support about a week ago and tried the accounts support page on the site a few days ago, but haven't received a response from either.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigoace View Post
                                            I'm having a similar issue rejoining. My subscription lapsed due to an old credit card, so I bought a 1-year subscription with a new card and the same user name. But apparently the system kept trying to rebill me using the old card and a few days later deactivated my account, despite having just paid for an extra year. I emailed support about a week ago and tried the accounts support page on the site a few days ago, but haven't received a response from either.
                                            Why do you think it 'kept trying to rebill me using the old card', did your credit card company tell you that or are you guessing? I'll forward you problem to account support, they'll get it fixed.

Comment

The message from GMBill saying my account was deactivated said the rebill failed after multiple attempts. Anyway, AW support just responded and fixed the issue. They explained that it tries to rebill daily for seven days and then deactivates the account (without checking if a new subscription was purchased). They also said they're working with GMBill to fix this issue.

Comment

Good to hear it's fixed, happy viewing!

Comment

Hi there I've only just recently joined just over a month ago and the 1 month sub ran out. It said it would be re billed automatically but it doesn't seem to have done that, but when I try to 're-join' it says that the credit card number is already being used for a current sub. I cannot access any content or even my own profile! I sent an e-mail to the gmbill support people with a reference number that the site gave me but have not heard even a whisper. Perhaps someone can help me please!!

Comment

Boggler, can you confirm your aw login-name is also 'Boggler' ? I have forwarded your problem to account-support.

Your credit-card is still valid/not-expired, right?

Comment

Yes Boggler is the username and the card is definitely still valid.

Comment

I recently rejoined as my account came up with 0 days left, I also didn't reciev an email to rejoin. Which is fine but now my account shows that I need to update my account ( that show I have a full account for the next year) any ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by dwisey View Post
                                                          I recently rejoined as my account came up with 0 days left, I also didn't reciev an email to rejoin. Which is fine but now my account shows that I need to update my account ( that show I have a full account for the next year) any ideas.
                                                          Likely something went wrong with extending your account. I'll forward this to account support to have it fixed.

Comment

chief, moved your attachment questions to this thread: http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=13361

Comment

My rebill was supposed to happen today, but I was recently sent another credit card with a new expiry date, so CCBill apparently could not rebill my card. I went in, looked up my account, and made the changes there, so now it's all good and my account says active. However, I cannot access anything since the site has me as a non-member. So what do I do now? I tried logging out and logging back in, but that doesn't work. Need some help here please.

So, in short, I just forgot to update my expiry date when I received my updated credit card and now I don't know how to get my full access back even though the changes are made and CCbill says my account is active. Hope someone can help me. In the meantime, no pics or vids. (
                                                              Last edited by laktor; 24 March 2011, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X