X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New After Dark Solo: Kelly M

New After Dark Solo: Kelly M
    Attached Files

Now THIS is an awesome photo shoot! Very classy, sexy and ... fun (with Kelly rockin' out with the geetar)!

Excellent addition to the site.

Comment

Kelly is a beauty and the treatment of stills is very classy indeed. Looking forward to the video.

Comment

Kelly M is a beautiful model but she only did one shoot. Why did you choose to make her do an After Dark shoot instead of a redux ?!

The pictures are noisy and in black and white. It's almost impossible to see Kelly's body.
        It's a waste. I don't think that reducing image quality is art...

Have this effect been done in post-production or is it due to camera settings ?
        Last edited by redlabka; 1 July 2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I like this theme, classic black/white, bit noire stylish I think. It is a fun difference to see Kelly's bio-pic next to the shoot-pic

Didn't know she played guitar, it looks good on her

Comment

Difficult, isn't it? these are very successful as moody, arty photos, with their 'noise' / deliberate lack of focus, and lack of colour. And they are very retro - they look like nineteenth-century photos.
            But the trouble is that - to put it bluntly - in a site like this the great majority of us are going to want to see the details of the model's body in sharp focus, which is of course what you normally show us. But I wanted to see this set of Kelly's in sharp focus too. I found myself immediately flipping back to her original set.
            So, to repeat redlabka's question, did you shoot them in sharp focus and then reprocess them? and, to add my own request, if you did, could you ALSO post the original pix?
            Last edited by hippoid; 1 July 2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Almost perfect

Brilliant retro shoot of the gorgeous Kelly. Would have been perfect if she'd left her pubic hair as nature intended.

Comment

I don't mind the vintage style photos, but the theme is at odds with them. When I see such a style I also expect to see vintage clothing and lingerie. Add that to the images of her with an electric guitar and the whole thing just seems off. I like the idea that AD will have more themed shoots, and I've enjoyed the previous ones. This shoot just looks like a normal AW solo shoot altered in sepia tones.

Comment

there is always room for KellyM on my computer ,such a beautiful woman in color or blackand white are always welcome here

Comment

These remind me of the old daguerreotype period photos that you can have taken of yourself at amusement parks, dresses up at cowboys or whatever. When the i-phone has retro applications for photos, it's time to leave this stuff to the amateurs. You guys are legendary for breaking new ground with the way you shoot your models, but you're really pulling out a very old bag of tricks every time you do these After Dark shoots.

Comment

Kelly M is a total babe, you could release a whole weeks worth of shoot with nothing but her in them and it would make me re-subscribe for the next 10 years.

But the vintage stuff? Just doesn't make sense to me.
                      There's nothing really vintage in the shoot that I can see so why make the pictures look that way?

It's a shame because with a bit of tweaking and a bit of work making the model look authentically vintage or go the other way and use it as it is and take out all the photo effects this could have been one of the best shoots on the site.

I've been looking at this after dark thing now and even with some of the best models this site has ever had being used in them I've seen nothing to make me want to pay extra for it when it comes to that.

Comment

A fine example of feminine pulchritude the sepia color just added to the effect as Kelly M is such a beauty it always will come though

Comment

The effects in the video are less annoying than on the pictures but they are still very frustrating!

Kelly's body is beautiful but it is masked for "artistic" reasons.
                          Kelly would look so much better in color.

Comment

At least you have a special name for them: After Dark. To me, that's code for 'don't bother looking... it'd only piss you off'.

Comment

Sadly, I agree 100% with redlabka about the video. And it was clearly daylight outside - not 'after dark' at all.
                              Does an unedited 'original' version of stills and video exist? if so, please may we see them? Put both up on the site, and you'll keep both groups happy.
                              Nothing negative about Kelly, of course - she is seriously gorgeous

Comment

I have really enjoyed this stills shoot; the special effect was cool, a wonderful set with great poses, and Kelly is a total stunner.

Just my 2 cents, I thought the effect of the shoot worked much better in the stills than the video. I loved Kelly, but I found myself missing the color.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck3 View Post
                                  These remind me of the old daguerreotype period photos that you can have taken of yourself at amusement parks, dresses up at cowboys or whatever. When the i-phone has retro applications for photos, it's time to leave this stuff to the amateurs. You guys are legendary for breaking new ground with the way you shoot your models, but you're really pulling out a very old bag of tricks every time you do these After Dark shoots.
                                  Sometimes the only way to break new ground is to crack a few eggs, if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor. When we started cutting / processing the AD content we gave the editors and image processor free reign to try new things as a quick path to see what worked and what didn't. And what you guys, the members, like and dislike. While the image guidelines weren't completely limitless, they were very broad. This goes for the shoot teams and the models too. I personally agree that this shoot has been pushed too hard, as was the AD Girl Girl. It's a learning process and we're still learning. One thing that has become abundantly clear is the stills shoots are much more sensitive that the videos. Rest assured, by the time the AD pod is launched the content will be just awesome.

Digital Media Technology Officer
                                  abbywinters.com

Comment

Originally posted by EnricoAW View Post
                                    Sometimes the only way to break new ground is to crack a few eggs, if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor. When we started cutting / processing the AD content we gave the editors and image processor free reign to try new things as a quick path to see what worked and what didn't. And what you guys, the members, like and dislike. While the image guidelines weren't completely limitless, they were very broad. This goes for the shoot teams and the models too. I personally agree that this shoot has been pushed too hard, as was the AD Girl Girl. It's a learning process and we're still learning. One thing that has become abundantly clear is the stills shoots are much more sensitive that the videos. Rest assured, by the time the AD pod is launched the content will be just awesome.

abbywinters.com
                                    Does this mean that there is the possibility that these may be re-released after the editors and image processors have another crack at it working within stricter guidelines ??

Comment

abbywinters.com
                                      Did you consider to not do any post process at all ?

Seeing the models with lingerie and makeup could be beautiful.
                                      But I don't think that any alteration of the image could improve the quality of a shoot.

Comment

Thanks Enrico, glad you guys are listening. I personally am glad AW is pushing the boundaries a bit.

At the same time, if you did want to release the Kelly M. video unprocessed or more subtlety processed, I think that would be cool.

Comment

abbywinters.com
                                          I just don't see this as breaking new ground at all. I can understand that maybe after ten years or so of keeping the same formula, you guys might be ready for something new at your end. I myself would be very tempted. But if you look at the other sites out there, even the best of them, your established style and format still are still exceptional and fresh. This affected stuff is a big step backwards if anything.

There is nothing like Abbywinters.com -- except when you start gunking up the pictures and vids. That pushes you right into the crowd.

Having said that, I gotta hand it to you guys -- your transparency and openness to feedback is brilliant.

Comment

What a beautiful girl ! Her body is awesome.

Comment

Hey Kelly, I loved this shoot. You really ooze sex appeal......your cute tight butt and amazing breasts are an eye full of delightfulness, thank you! Hope to see more of you......any thoughts on Girl Girl?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                              Working...
                                              X