Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Content Administration - AKA Kylie gets to pester the post-production team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
    ummmm is it just me or has the members home page gone back in history????

It shows the latest shoot is Sadie's IM from the 1st of Feb....

[ATTACH]31638[/ATTACH]

I checked it 4 times by closing it down and coming back on... but still Sadie.... I would imagine it will fix itself in the next few hours, like many "glitches" seem to do... Bit wondering if I was the only one... and just in case I'm not and it doesn't fix itself then... ummm KYLIE!!! ???? haha
    Yes mine had done that too.
    Apparently my next set with Yale is coming up next weekend but I am unable to see that in the upcoming shoots section!

Comment

This one is not me. I think something is happening with the website itself (my errors are more along the lines of: a model is not in the model list, the shoot is named wrong, there's a black line through the video, etc) but I'll ask Customer Support to explain.

Comment

Early probing into this matter suggests that spacetime as we know it is unravelling (with subsequent effects to the stability of chronological releases), or an update to the nuts and bolts of the site that went live to day has had some unexpected and detrimental side effects. We're not 100% sure just yet. Luckily, we have a guy especially for both of these situations, and he's aware and working hard at sorting it out.

Best guess is that the universe will be saved and/or site releases set to the proper time sometime today; though it's hard to give concrete time-frames when time itself is collapsing. Sorry for the inconvenience, all!

I'll be sure to pop my head in here and let you know when all is well again.

EDIT: All good! Apparently a misplaced sonic screwdriver in the server room was to blame. Nothing that a little applied phlebotinum couldn't fix. The site is back how it should be; apologies again for the interruption.
        Last edited by Brent; 12 February 2013, 03:40 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Any chance of keeping the upcoming shoots lists updated more regularly? I'm guessing with the schedule changes and staff taking on different roles this has taken a back seat, would be great to see the list kept up to date if there is time to do this. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
            Any chance of keeping the upcoming shoots lists updated more regularly? I'm guessing with the schedule changes and staff taking on different roles this has taken a back seat, would be great to see the list kept up to date if there is time to do this. Thanks!
            I'm being told my set with Yale is coming this week but I can't see it in the upcoming shoots all I can see is this:

Is it just me or is everyone else not seeing it either?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pippa View Post
              Originally posted by trebor View Post
              I'm being told my set with Yale is coming this week but I can't see it in the upcoming shoots all I can see is this:

Is it just me or is everyone else not seeing it either?
              That's the same everybody sees, there is indeed a problem with some shoots simply not showing in the 'upcoming shoots' widget. Didn't I post a message like that recently? Anyway, have nagged web-team about it already, as it's not something Kylie can do much about. Well, besides nagging the web people as well.. and she's good at that

Comment

Originally posted by kylie_h View Post
                This one is not me. I think something is happening with the website itself (my errors are more along the lines of: a model is not in the model list, the shoot is named wrong, there's a black line through the video, etc) but I'll ask Customer Support to explain.
                Well you will be getting a lot less emails from Frans now... that has been clarified... haha and less posts here from me obviously...

But to be honest Kylie... You are the only one that actually answers anything on their "help or problem" threads..."
                Rhyss hasn't been seen on his since the 5th of October last year and only been seen on the boards twice this year...
                Garion has not been seen on the boards at all this year..
                It seems the more "glitches" or problems there has been with the site the deeper everyone except you and Frans hide. (honorable.. mention to Brent also... seems to pop up and help out). I'm sure this is not the reality... But this is the perception it gives the members. (Well me at least).

But.... ignoring my little outburst.... back to you Kylie.... I do have a post.. that I believe should be posted here... Can you explain why or have fixed for the future that in the IM with two cameras both video's are currently called Camera A??
                Examples:
                Jessie T latest
                Carmina's latest

Comment

Well, personally I think it's better for the WebDev team to be working on the problems themselves rather than posting (they might get distracted chatting to the lovely models!) - although sometimes that means that Brent and Frans don't have all the answers right away and it can take a little time to get the info to you guys.

I'm quite closely involved with the issues (while I might not be able to fix them, I certainly see them!) so sometimes I have a little bit more info and I can jump on and keep everyone informed.

As to the videos being named the same, I think that is a bug and in the past I had named the videos sperately, but as I know the bug sometimes uses just one name for all videos I have been trying to make sure I name the videos with just the model name/s so it's less specific but also less confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by kylie_h View Post
                    Well, personally I think it's better for the WebDev team to be working on the problems themselves rather than posting (they might get distracted chatting to the lovely models!) - although sometimes that means that Brent and Frans don't have all the answers right away and it can take a little time to get the info to you guys.
                    We don't need an answer directly from the webdevteam
                    but I guess that there is at least one person at AW who is aware about every problems and who could give us official answers about every questions/problems that we have.

Comment

Do you know when the Upcoming Shoots widget will start to show every shoots again?

Comment

I've sent an email to find out what's up. Will let you know when I can!

Comment

Ok, so looks like the automatic part of the system which is mean to make thumbnails wasn't doing it's job and without the thumbnails, the shoots were too shy to appear on the list. So a HUGE thank you for pointing this out, and the webdev guys are looking into why it failed. Luckily, they managed to poke things around and use another thumbnail for the shoots so the list should be displaying a BUNCH of shoots now.

Comment

Great! The website looks a lot better now.

Comment

Great that the preview list is working now! Thank you very much, Kylie and you web gurus. One small nagging though: The first shot on the list has a funny model name, "Before"

Comment

It seems that the number of shoots visible in the Upcoming Shoots widget began to decrease again.

Comment

Originally posted by redlabka View Post
                                  It seems that the number of shoots visible in the Upcoming Shoots widget began to decrease again.
                                  Yes... It seems to think that there is only one shoot in the next 7 days.... But Roxy is still stilling there 12 days and 8 hours to go....

btw... Hi Kylie....

Comment

Not sure if this is where this goes, but there is a download link error in Esmeralda & Irmina's lesbian shoot. In vid 1, the HQ link is broken. The other options still work. Just letting you know!

Comment

Originally posted by panaflex View Post
                                      Not sure if this is where this goes, but there is a download link error in Esmeralda & Irmina's lesbian shoot. In vid 1, the HQ link is broken. The other options still work. Just letting you know!
                                      Such reports usually go either in the shoot's thread or in Tech Support thread, or to customer-support via the Feedback page. Plenty of choices The mp4/HQ version of vid1 of that shoot indeed does not work, the other version DO work so pick SQ or HD to work around the problem.

Comment

Hello.....

First.... seems the "webdev guys" are the guys that do something with the upcoming shoot widget... so they may be able to fix this one. Maybe...

But.... While I'm here this time.... (blame TJ.. He mentioned Misha in another thread ) I see from Misha's shoots list she has been included as a model in Yale's Video of myself at home shoot. Totally understandable , as she is a major part of it... But Yale has not been included as a model in Misha's Video of myself at home shoot. Little confusing, as she is a major part of it...

Also... pedantic pinky wonders why These two shoots in the Video of myself at home section... No part of either shoots seemed to be at the models home... unless they are homeless. Yet I see Analyn's self shoot has still not made it to this section.

Ok... over an out for tonight... Flooded the boards to much already

Pinky

Comment

Pinky, your first issue (preview vids) is not webdev but content. Proper people have been notified already (also note that you link to a message many members won't be able to view).

Comment

Thanks Frans... knew you would find the right place to send it to... I got confused by the webdev coming to the rescue last time the upcoming shoot widget had some issues... But that goes to prove the old saying... To assume makes an Ass out of me and me...

and I stuffed up the linking posts AGAIN??? shame!!! I clicked on the #3 thing then copied the URL... thought that was the right thing... Will have to go back and check the instructions you gave me last time I stuffed it up.... haha

Thanks Frans... sorry for giving you a headache today...

TJ... Did you delete a post again... haha... was just about to answer it and now its gone... So... Thanks for sending me on the Misha search... Hadn't seen heres and Yales self shot shoots before... No idea how I missed it and sorry for giving you a headache today.... haha

Tomorrow will be different... Planning to watch Ms. Claudia latest GG with Gisela tomorrow... and all other little irritations just disappear.
                                            Last edited by mrpinkeyes; 9 June 2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Hmm.. might have to restrict Tj's delete-own-message abilities, it's a confusing/annoying habit. Oh well. No pinky you didn't screw up the linking, but that post is in a (beta) forum which most members simply can't access

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                                                Hmm.. might have to restrict Tj's delete-own-message abilities, it's a confusing/annoying habit.
                                                True Frans...it has become a habit ! I seem to constantly want to correct/change/ improve the post. I' ll have to make a better effort from now on...Sorry about that.

Pinky....i gather you read it then. It was just another one of those silly knee-jerk, impulse replies. I ended up ( once again, as my habit would have it ) having second thoughts about it and deleted it.

OK !... WILL PUT ON MY THINKING CAP FROM NOW ON BEFORE CLICKING THE SEND BUTTON

Comment

Oh, i forgot !...i should have included my reply ( as much as i can remember ) here it is :

" HaHa...yah, blame me why don't you !....maybe i did it intentionally. I had a feeling you needed to get some things off you chest "

All in fun Pinky !...no headaches what so ever.

Comment

Hi Kylie! Do you know if my AWAD solo will ever be released?

Comment

Originally posted by Giselle View Post
                                                      Hi Kylie! Do you know if my AWAD solo will ever be released?
                                                      Since it sounds like Giselle's AWAD was shot a looooong while ago, I ask that this gem is released from the treasure box as well.

Comment

All the AWAD shoots were shot a long time ago Dropshot... 2007/8 I think... Frans would know.

By memory... Giselle's was on the AD trailer (so hopefully the editing problems she mentioned wasn't terminal) as was Cleo and a number of others which also are still to be released.

But as they say all great things come to those that wait...

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post here since Kylie left.

No Single Intimate Moment has been released the week.
                                                          Is it an oversight or has the number of shoots released by week been reduced one more time?

Comment

This thread is probably not the best place, you should really contact support. Frans might see this and bug the appropriate people for you but I'd say an email is the safest way.

Comment

Originally posted by redlabka View Post
                                                              No Single Intimate Moment has been released the week.
                                                              Is it an oversight or has the number of shoots released by week been reduced one more time?
                                                              Oversight, I'll ask HQ about it. Rest assured the 'number of shoots released by week' has not been changed (future ones are scheduled fine).

Now what to do with this thread, rename it ?? It's not fair to pester Kylie about CA stuff anymore after all ;-)

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X