Hidding tatoos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidding tatoos

I've been annoyed for a while by girls hiding their tattoos (using pieces of clothes or hands to hide them)...

But with Alyssa & Marleen S shoot's, it became ridiculous!!!
    Marleen has put her top back on to hide her back tatoo, Alyssa spent the whole shoot putting back a sleeve of clothing to hide her arm tattoos.
    I haven't see 2 girls having sex but 2 girls spending 50 minutes hiding their tattoos.

We know that the girls have tattoos. There's no point at trying to hide them.

I want the girls to be totally naked and to see them from every angles!
    Even if I'm not a big fan of tattoos, I prefer to see some tattoos than not seeing the belly or the back of a model.

I hope that you will fix this for incoming shoots.

I have not seen this shoot yet so I can't say if I feel the same way about it, however this subject is something that I find so frustrating about the site in the past couple of years.

Just let the girls be themselves, if they have tattoos or piercings show them....
    Oh wait but you can't because that's not 'The AbbyWinters Way' even though this is supposed to be about normal every day girls, although the last time I looked quite a few normal every day girls had tattoos or piercings.

These days it's about making a girl fit the AbbyWinters image by getting them all to dress the same, act in the same way and hardly show any charisma whatsoever.

The main reason I loved this site so much was because the girls were just like the girls I knew, However now I think the image of women the site promotes just looks antiquated & boring and is in desperate need of a re-think.

Get with the times or get left behind.

Comment

Who knows if they were putting on their clothing to hide their tattoo or a continuation of the totally fake scenario and persona that this whole shoot was done under. (A scenario very similar to the Satine/Masie IM) I think this maybe an example of the difference between the old days and the new, that Masie & Kylie have asked us to try and explain. Compare this with the Keilyn/Larissa M version of meeting a stranger for the first time and having sex with them and they are POLES apart.

Here we have two beautiful wonderful ladies with wondeful personalities as shown in the before shoot and great chemistry as seen in the after shoot. Yet it was decided to hide their personality and tattoo's in this shoot. It was a shoot I was very much looking forward to and if I totally ignored the first 10 mins and the last two mins) or hadn't read your post about hiding the tattoo's I would have walked away happy.

I was of the understanding and have always defended that AW was about real natural ladies being real and natural. With AW aim to empower the models, can't see how getting them to cover up tattoo's does that.

If the actual shoot was more like a combination of the before and the after-shoot where the girls were being real and naturally and not purposely hiding their tattoos then it would have been everything I was looking and hoping for.

Sorry Marleen and Alyssa... My comments are in no way a reflection on you ladies... Nor the skills of Masie and Yvette behind the camera... These comments are directed at the "creative direction" of the video and image set.

Also... Sorry redlabka... for getting off subject a little... I totally agree with what you have said in your post and wish that AWHQ take note and we no longer see models hiding tattoo's in any future shoots.
      Last edited by mrpinkeyes; 16 June 2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

This is a very interesting topic.

In my job, I work through recruiting models and taking them through an info session where we talk about the impact of working for an adult company, but I do ask the questions "Do you have any tattoos or piercings?" and the truth is, if a girl is covered head-to-toe in tatts, I personally don't feel that she represents the abbywinters concept well. There have been one or two amazing women who made me wish desperately that we had a separate site for "alt babes" so you guys could "meet" them, but generally the tatts distract me from the girl.

In the case of girls like Alyssa, her tattoos are subtle enough (in my opinion) that all I see when she is naked is a beautiful body and when she speaks, a beautiful person. Although, the reality is, we're all prejudiced about things and even if we try to be the best people we can be, sometimes we can't get past something. On the other hand, I know that we must have members who only ever want to see skin untouched by ink. Different strokes for different folks as my nan would say. (Although I doubt she'd be talking about this topic)

Also, what about piercings? In all my shoots, (I think) it's apparent that I have piercing holes in my bottom lip (I've had these piercings since I was 18, so those holes are permanent) but do you think it's disingenuous for me to take them out because I know not everyone likes them? I love being a model on abbywinters, and I love that people would look at me and think of me as beautiful or sexy or appealing and while my piercings are a "part of me" so to speak, my desire to cause attraction in a wide range of people wins out over my desire to wear my piercings. Slightly off-topic, but I don't even wear earrings (I can't, I don't have ear piercings) for my shoots!

Comment

The problem isn't about shooting a girl with tattoos or not.
          Once you decide to shoot a girl, you have to accept to shoot her as she is.

I have the feeling to be taken for a fool when you try to hide the fact that a girl has tattoos.
          And I'm even more frustrated when the girl won't get fully naked to keep this "lie".

Comment

Hey Kylie...
            Way back in the day..... AW had a section, the Deviations section, where they would post shoots that either models didn't fit the AW concept but were just too good not to shoot ( Calibre and Liandra & Matilda may be an example still here) or the shoot was different to the AW concept. So there is precedence for still including the "alt babes" you thought would make a wonderful shoots. I suppose if you have a lady or two that you though very strongly about then isn't that an ideal mystery shoot??
            Alyssa tattoo's are fine and more or as subtle than loads of previous models on the site who never had to resort to covering. Jette Shelly B (no cardi left on for this lass), Felicity M, Maho, Klaudia Crystal and the most obvious ones Fotina & Zora Even AWHQ Fav's Susie & Giselle to name a few off the top of my head. A couple I couldn't find... I recall a model that had wings on her back... but cant find her. and Althea was the other... but confused now if she ever was actually an AW model.. I thought she was... but now thinking I could be wrong... although lots of naked Althea on her thread. No shoots visible on site or with the help of google.
            As for your piercings, Kylie... I think you have done enough shoots now that I for one would like at least one shoot... maybe solo where you have them in and therefore can talk about them and why you have these piercings but none in your ears (I think you may have explained this in your thread ages ago.)

Comment

Yes, this is the second week in a row where a model was hiding her tattoos throughout the whole shoot. Please stop making the models do this.

Also, the larger issues with the site that Pink highlights beg to be addressed as well.

Comment

Thank you Kylie for shooting without your piercings, I appreciate your being aware of people that do not like piercings.

Comment

this seems like one of those subjects you will never make everone happy, I'm not that big on tatoos myself but I love to see the models as they are to the fullest extent that the models feel comfortable, and if hiding tattos is the models decision to help with not being I.D.ed on the street like using a stage name I all for it, BUT, if they are telling the models to hide them I don't agree with that at all.

Marleen's first solo was one of the best I've ever seen and the only thing I didn't like was the obvious (well obvous to me) hiding of the tatoo on her back, and I was hoping to get a better look at it as I thought it would be hard to hide in a G/G shoot and not see it, now I'm a bit sad I came on the forums before watching her shoot with Alyssa because I will be waching for every time they are hiding tatoos insted of enjoying the shoot

and peircings are part of the models personality if it is something they where all the time (like kylie) and it would be nice to see them too, but they can be removed and don't have to be hidden, and it doesn't make me feel like you think I'm stupid like trying to hide tatoos

with how popular tatoos are for women now I see many beautiful "average" girls walking around with tatoos and if you don't want to see that than you don't want to see beautiful average girls

I wish I could sugest something that would make everyone happy like telling the members if they don't want to see a model with tatoos than watch shoots with girls that don't, but that never works

Comment

Originally posted by timbo83 View Post
                    I wish I could sugest something that would make everyone happy like telling the members if they don't want to see a model with tatoos than watch shoots with girls that don't, but that never works
                    haha... You pick up quick on how the boards work... Far more members willing to post about a complaint about a shoot than just not watch it. No matter what AW does they are going to upset some members. Doesn't stop me having my little moan from time to time. (can't wait to get to use Yoda in a post, if only I ever had something profound to say)

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
                      haha... You pick up quick on how the boards work... Far more members willing to post about a complaint about a shoot than just not watch it. No matter what AW does they are going to upset some members.
                      It doesn't take long to figure out the complainers because they are all the same, some members seem to have trouble realizing that AW has to cater to men and women from down under, north america and all over europe with many tastes and cultures and there HAS to be shoots and models that indivuals won't like, if one person doesn't like a shoot another might love it, so it seems like your asking someone to jump off a cliff if you ask them to put sugestions where they ask for sugestions to help AW know what your looking for and not complian

well, hopefully the complainers don't upset the models anyway (because that just makes me mad) and AW cotinues to be the best site on the web

P.S. Pinky, you may not have got to use yoda yet (I cheated and just used it wth bad grammar) but you seem to get lots of use from the "evil grin"
                      Last edited by timbo83; 18 June 2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I would like to say something about piercings and tattoos from a models perspective.

Yes I have a tattoo on my back, and I am asked to pay attention that it wont be in sight of the camera. Abby Winters is against any kind of make up to cover up anything. And I like that because it shows us just like we are, that does mean that we have to pay attention while shooting but I feel comletely natural. If we did wear make up and piercing and bodystockings sexy lingerie show tattoo's etc. Abby Winters would not be Abby Winters.

Comment

Originally posted by marleen_s View Post
                          Hi Guys,

I would like to say something about piercings and tattoos from a models perspective.

Yes I have a tattoo on my back, and I am asked to pay attention that it wont be in sight of the camera. Abby Winters is against any kind of make up to cover up anything. And I like that because it shows us just like we are, that does mean that we have to pay attention while shooting but I feel comletely natural. If we did wear make up and piercing and bodystockings sexy lingerie show tattoo's etc. Abby Winters would not be Abby Winters.
                          Sad to read that Marleen... I completely understand and even like the no make up policy, but to me a tattoo is way more than make up. Not sure who's decision it has been to introduce this new cover up tattoo's policy but it does disappoint me. I'm not a huge tattoo fan and if a girl was covered from head to toe in tattoo's then I would think then... Maybe not part of the AW concept. But a tattoo on your back or Alyssa partial arm sleeve is hardly a problem for me nor previous creative directors or whoever the powers to be at AWHQ deciding this.

Marleen, Maybe you can post a pic of your tattoo on your thread page as Timbo mentioned and I also would like to see it.

Comment

I don't really see why there shouldn't be girls with tattoos and piercings on the site. Obviously nobody wants AW to become a site full of nothing but girls covered in tatts from head to toe. But AW is supposed to be about the ordinary girl next door, and plenty of ordinary girls next door these days have tattoos, so I don't see why a couple of tattoos, even quite large ones, doesn't fit the concept.

The thing that really doesn't fit the concept is hiding the truth, which is what redlabka and others were talking about. Either the model has tattoos or she doesn't. If she does, then it's artificial to hide them. If she's got them, include a couple of closeups of them so that members can see them properly. It's far more natural to do that than adopt a whole lot of artificial measures to ensure that members don't see them.

And just to mention another pet hobbyhorse of mine, it's also completely artificial to avoid asking models about their previous modelling experience. If the girl is good enough to be a model for AW, then she should be portrayed as she really is, and that includes what she does for a living, previous modelling experience, what her hobbies and interests are, what she hopes to do in life, the whole thing. Let the members get to know the girl. Don't just show selected bits and pieces of her body, and don't just show selected bits and pieces of her personality.

Comment

I dont have a problem with tattoos and I didnt think there was a problem to be had until I read this thread. I am completely puzzled.

Some of the most popular models such as Keilyn, Carly T and Fotina have tattoos.

It would be strange for this site to become artificial in a quest to be more natural. If models have tattoos, so be it. If models prefer to be shaved, so be it. If models are European, so be it.

Its the role of Abby Winters to present the models exactly as the are. It is the role of the members to accept the models exactly as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by marleen_s View Post
                                I am asked to pay attention that it wont be in sight of the camera.
                                That's the problem!
                                How can a website about natural girls ask the girls to hide a part of themselves?!

Comment

Originally posted by redlabka View Post
                                  That's the problem!
                                  How can a website about natural girls ask the girls to hide a part of themselves?!
                                  I don't think it's about showing natural girls anymore, I think it's about showing abbywinters girls.

What's the difference?

Well I think that can be traced all the way back to that adult video thing the company went to in Las Vegas a few years ago. It seemed to me that ever since that happened the company has been trying to promote an image of itself of wholesome & healthy everyday girls who butter wouldn't melt in their mouth and play chess & do yoga blah blah blah. Which is fine but it was only a small fraction of what made this site so good.

Ever since then It seems to be that this is what the company has pushed for it's girls to be like on the site and the more edgier & diverse shoots that we had in the past have all but disappeared and we see the same kind of shoots over and over. I remember bringing up this in the past and asking why the diversity in the kind of girls used was so small & Masie replied that if they used more there would be complaints from the membership.

Says it all really.

Comment

Originally posted by RelaxedM View Post
                                    I don't think it's about showing natural girls anymore, I think it's about showing abbywinters girls.

What's the difference?

Well I think that can be traced all the way back to that adult video thing the company went to in Las Vegas a few years ago. It seemed to me that ever since that happened the company has been trying to promote an image of itself of wholesome & healthy everyday girls who butter wouldn't melt in their mouth and play chess & do yoga blah blah blah. Which is fine but it was only a small fraction of what made this site so good.

Ever since then It seems to be that this is what the company has pushed for it's girls to be like on the site and the more edgier & diverse shoots that we had in the past have all but disappeared and we see the same kind of shoots over and over. I remember bringing up this in the past and asking why the diversity in the kind of girls used was so small & Masie replied that if they used more there would be complaints from the membership.

Says it all really.
                                    I think you've hit the nail on the head. I don't know about the history of it because I only joined the site a couple of years ago, but the history doesn't really matter. What does matter is that the large diversity of girls who are coming onto the site as "new AW models" are all being pushed into the formula that you've identified, the sweet innocent girl next door who just happens to drop various items of clothing as she wanders around the flat and then just happens to be overcome with the urge to masturbate etc etc.

Some of the girls are really new to all this and don't go beyond the "nude only" stage; some of them are absolute first timers who have decided to get into the porn industry as a career move and decided to start with AW; some of them are highly experienced models who are doing their 57th shoot or whatever; some have no piercings or tatts, some have a few and some have quite a lot.

AW can't push them all into the same mould and still claim that they are showing the "real girl". The real girls are all different, and their differences should be respected.

The differences should be respected in the stills sets, by showing the model's entire body, not just the bits that fit the mould. And they should be respected in the videos by getting the models to talk about their lives, their work and their interests and aspirations, not just limited to answering a couple of questions about their favourite sexual positions and the weirdest place they've had sex. Obviously that's not always going to be easy with models who don't speak much English, but most of them speak enough to get by if the interviewer takes enough time about it. I'd like to see Masie doing most of the interviews, the way Sue Ann often used to do, really talking to the new model and getting to know her.

Comment

Originally posted by robofrog View Post
                                      Its the role of Abby Winters to present the models exactly as the are. It is the role of the members to accept the models exactly as they are.
                                      VERY well said robofrog

it' is sad that marleen confirmed that it's AW asking the models to make sure we don't see the models tatoos, but it is good that she is not offended that they have to, because I know it's a big decision to get one because it's permenent, so the last thing I want to see is AW making the models think it was a bad decision to have it and think it makes them less attractive

thanks for the models point of veiw Marleen, you are a great addition to the site and the discussion boards

Comment

On a slight side note I have had models in the past ask us to shoot around tattoos because of what they are and stand for. Some woman who have tattoos of names of family members for example, have not felt comfortable both with the association (however tiny) with their family and being naked in an adult domain and with the risk of people knowing the names of their family members after watching their videos and giving it some thought. A few models have spoken to me about the idea that they think it will be easier for people to recognize them in the street or for them to get found out via their tattoos where as without them they can just laugh along that there is a sexy lady with the same face of them somewhere in the world.
                                        Last edited by masie; 20 June 2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by masie View Post
                                          On a slight side note I have had models in the past ask us to shoot around tattoos because of what they are and stand for. Some woman who have tattoos of names of family members for example, have not felt comfortable both with the association (however tiny) with their family and being naked in an adult domain and with the risk of people knowing the names of their family members after watching their videos and giving it some thought. A few models have spoken to me about the idea that they think it will be easier for people to recognize them in the street or for them to get found out via their tattoos where as without them they can just laugh along that there is a sexy lady with the same face of them somewhere in the world.
                                          Agree and totally respect that this is the case on occasion and agree this should be done on these occasions. Unless I read yours and Marleen's posts incorrectly and Aylssa's showing of her tattoo's before on the web, that it's wasn't the case with this shoot so there does appear to be some instructions from "AWHQ" to hide the tattoo so the concerns are still valid.

Base on no facts at all and a totally guess it is more likely to do with a shoot being used for a "DVD" than on the site... Otherwise it would make no senses why some shoots show and this one and others don't.

Comment

Originally posted by masie View Post
                                            Is there really any shoot on the website in which a model hides her tattoo because she doesn't want to be recognized?
                                            I don't think that's the case for Marleen, Ayssa, Crystal...
                                            It seems to just be an AW choice to make the girls look more innocent.

Comment

Seems kinda rude to imply Masie was lying to you. I can think of 3 or 4 incidences where models have hidden the names of children/partners which are tattooed on their bodies because they don't want to associate that with their modelling work. There's no sense telling you which models they were because that really defeats the purpose of protecting their privacy doesn't it?

Comment

Sorry Masie.

Not doing closeup of tattoos and hiding the tattoos are 2 different things.
                                                I have no problem about a girl asking AW to not do closeups of a tattoo to prevent the viewers to read it.
                                                But when the girls try to hide the fact that they have tattoos (specially when they show those tattoos elsewhere), it doesn't seem to be for a privacy reason.

I just hope that now, you won't ask the girls to hide their tattoos.
                                                Of course, if a model doesn't wants to show a tattoo to keep her privacy, it's ok.

Comment

Hi Guys,

My name is Frankie and I work as creative director of abbywinters.com.

Thanks for all your comments.

I want to clarify our position on tattoos and add some points.

Firstly I want to raise the discussion that what abbywinters.com is, in terms of the types of models, the types of shoots, the values and the approach has been defined and re-defined by both the members and the producers. This is certainly not a one way relationship.

We work here as a production team at trying to bring the highest quality content that takes into account the model, the member feedback, the values and ethics of what we have created with this site. We always work at upholding this and advancing it.

The decision to not focus on tattoos was something that originated with members and there comments and feedback about what ideas we had created at abbywinters.com.

As already mentioned by Kylie H, we interview models and at that stage we place a higher importance on a model who has no tattoos and piercings.

However this is not the only thing we factor into account and having tattoos does not disqualify a model from appearing on abbywinters.

We do try to shoot around tattoos. This is an attempt to focus on other areas, aspects of the female that are more in line with her natural features. Sometimes, as members have identified this can get pushed too far that it becomes an unnatural component of the shoot. I agree this has hurt some shoots.

I can say that in any shoot, shooting around tattoos is not the #1 priority. It is more important, for example in a girl girl to capture passionate and real sex.

In Im shoots and solos, the shooters have more control and can shoot around tattoos more easily to focus on other aspects of the model. Again this is not the objective of the shoot, but we do try to conceal the tattoos and also attempt to picture the model in entirety so she can be seen from all angles.

This is a difficult talk and one that at times has caused some shoots to feel contrived and not free, naturally flowing and restrictive. This is something we are aware of and are working on.

Again thanks for your comments and feedback. This is how we improve our website and these discussions provide the basis from which we can do that.

Frankie

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie View Post
                                                    Hi Guys,

My name is Frankie and I work as creative director of abbywinters.com.

Thanks for all your comments.
                                                    Thanks Frankie... Appreciate you clarifying a few points and giving some reasons behind them. As you appreciate our feedback... we also appreciate AWHQ input into these discussions It makes us feel like we have been heard or corrects us if our assumptions have been incorrect.

I want to clarify our position on tattoos and add some points.

Firstly I want to raise the discussion that what abbywinters.com is, in terms of the types of models, the types of shoots, the values and the approach has been defined and re-defined by both the members and the producers. This is certainly not a one way relationship.
                                                    As you mentioned "defined and re-defined" It would be of great benefit and interest if you could advise the official current thinking of what is the types of models, the types of shoots" that is AW worthy. There is lots of speculation what AW is all about so would be good to know what exactly AW is trying to be all about.

We work here as a production team at trying to bring the highest quality content that takes into account the model, the member feedback, the values and ethics of what we have created with this site. We always work at upholding this and advancing it.
                                                    I believe that almost all of the time you do bring us the highest quality content... best on the web IMHO anyway. There is a few things that have crept into AW which I personally don't like... and have made my thoughts well know. So while you are answering questions would love to know your, as creative director, opinion on why is there so many "totally" staged shoots now being produced. Especially G/G and IM. What does AW think this brings to the site or shoot that the models being themselves wouldn't?

The decision to not focus on tattoos was something that originated with members and there comments and feedback about what ideas we had created at abbywinters.com.
                                                    As a long term member it's obvious that the majority of members that post on the boards (only a very very small minority as reminded to us by Abby Garion over the years) are not big fans of tattoo's Or at least girls covered in tattoo's. There has been many models over the years that have tattoo's and until recently I had never noticed the deliberate hiding or avoiding images especially in video of them. But maybe that is only because it has just been brought to my attention but recall great pictures of models tattoo as mentioned in one of my earlier posts.

I can say that in any shoot, shooting around tattoos is not the #1 priority. It is more important, for example in a girl girl to capture passionate and real sex.
                                                    100% agree with this comment... In fact.. this is why I have been a member here for so long because AW has continued to bring us that over many years. Which makes the choices of staging shoots and models concerned about if their tattoo may show makes it a little distracting and to me takes some passion away.

This is a difficult talk and one that at times has caused some shoots to feel contrived and not free, naturally flowing and restrictive. This is something we are aware of and are working on.
                                                    Pleased to read... and back on my hobby horse hope the staged, "contrived" shoots is part of the "working on"

Again thanks for your comments and feedback. This is how we improve our website and these discussions provide the basis from which we can do that.

Frankie
                                                    Thanks again Frankie... It's great when we see you post. I for one would very much like you to have a regular thread where you can explain the thinking on certain shoots and update us on the plans for the site. In the "Abby" error... this was done constantly.. almost commenting on every shoot. Garion used to give us semi regular updates on where the site was heading and asking for feedback on certain ideas. With Garion's almost total disappearance from the boards we are getting very little updates on future plans and ideas or why stuff were done on certain shoots. Anyway... that is probably for another thread as I have got well off subject.

Have a great weekend.. and appreciate any answers you can give for my questions above.

Regards

Pinky

Comment

Thanks for you answer Frankie.
                                                      Not doing closeups of tattoos could be ok but I think that it will always feel strange when a girl keeps some clothes or uses hands to hide her tattoos.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
                                                        I recall a model that had wings on her back... but cant find her.
                                                        I knew that rung a bell but I think the "random shoot" found her for us, the wonderful Hannah C: http://www.abbywinters.com/shoot/han..._hannah_c_2149 and there was DEFINITELY no hiding going on in her shoots

Comment

Thanks Timbo.... Thanks random widget thingy....

They were bigger in my memory... but still wings for the AW members to see

Comment

Hannah's wings aren't to my taste, but then it's not my back that they're tattooed on.

Regarding what Frankie said, I seem to remember that a couple of years ago we had a whole spate of heavily tattooed girls one after the other, and some members did complain about that. But I don't think anyone ever complained about the occasional tattooed model. All of the comments about Hannah's tattoos were favourable.

Personally I'm not a fan of tattoos or piercings, although one or two small ones can be OK. I rather like earrings in pierced ears, but that's about as far as it goes.

Anyway, so far as the topic of this thread is concerned, I'm sure AW admin has got the message. The general feeling of the members is that if a girl with tattoos is good enough to be a model for AW, then show the tattoos along with the rest of the girl. Don't hide them (unless the model herself wants them obscured for privacy reasons of course).

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X