No announcement yet.

cam with AW models (AW playdate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I just rejoined for another year as I think this site is the best one out there and I love the girls. I think this is a great idea, as it will be fun to talk to the girls, and hear what they have to say one on one.

Comment

Hi folks. Tried to do another sesh just now, we have some more technical issues. Sorry. We'll try again same time tomorrow.

Sorry.

Comment

What time is the show planned for?

Comment

damn, this stuff is hard. We're making progress, but it will not be in an hour from now when originally planned. I'm glad we're not doing this with a real model yet. This is new tech for us that we created from the ground up, and we're not sure how it's going to work (when it actually starts working!).

All that being said, Monday night UTC+1 (Amsterdam time, 1900, about 10am in LA, 1pm in NY, 3am in Melbourne) is looking promising.

2 hours before the show goes live, a countdown time appears on the members news page (www.abbywinters.com/members).

Comment

based on the time I hope you're doing it from Amsterdam and not Melb

Maybe test it first (internally) then make an announcement on possible date/time?

The 'beta' icon is obscuring the last bit of 'playdate' in top menu and you *might* want to explain on that page what it more or less is?

Comment

Hi folks,

well, we tested it, and it was not awesome. But, the good news is, we got some good data, and now we know a lot more to help it work in the future. We'll schedule another test soon.

Comment

I saw the "countdown" today, and again, got a message saying I'm not allowed in for some reason. Don't qualify, which is ridiculous because I do meet the criteria. Hope when it's all working, I'll be able to come in and chat. If not, have fun everyone and let me know how you like it. If anyone can tell me why I don't qualify when I try to get in, please let me know.

Comment

laktor, you do get to the http://www.abbywinters.com/playdate page itself? When did you get the error ? If you don't get to the playdate page, what's your aw username (NOT password, just username).

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                    laktor, you do get to the http://www.abbywinters.com/playdate page itself? When did you get the error ? If you don't get to the playdate page, what's your aw username (NOT password, just username).
                    \

Tried both times I saw this on the home page with the same result. My username should be laktor, but maybe meee223. That was my original username.

Comment

Your username for mainsite is mee223 I think, and indeed that user doesn't see much on the beta page at all (menu and footer, nothing in between).

Garion, should all members already see that page?

Comment

all members should be able to see the playdate page, either with a "not allowed" message that Laktor saw, or the actual contents of the page (showing scheduled shows if there are any).

Laktor, sorry it did not work for you. You did not miss much - just me chatting in stops and starts while we tried to get it running smoothly. Would have been good to chat with you though!

Can you please submit a bug report at http://www.abbywinters.com/help/support ("report a bug")? That will automatically gather some dta about your account, and help us solve the problem for you.

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                          all members should be able to see the playdate page, either with a "not allowed" message that Laktor saw, or the actual contents of the page (showing scheduled shows if there are any).

Laktor, sorry it did not work for you. You did not miss much - just me chatting in stops and starts while we tried to get it running smoothly. Would have been good to chat with you though!

Can you please submit a bug report at http://www.abbywinters.com/help/support ("report a bug")? That will automatically gather some dta about your account, and help us solve the problem for you.
                          Ok, guess I'll report the "bug" next time it happens since it requires the URL of the page and also have to copy and paste the error message.

Comment

Nothing shows up on that page when I tried it this morning.

I'm also seeing the same thing Frans is seeing with the word 'Playdate' running into the 'Beta' icon.

Comment

Yes!!!! I used to work as a webcam model the last year and maybe I am going to do it again in a few time. It is so fun being watched and more if you are with a friend

Comment

Would love to watch and chat Anahi.

Comment

Any updates as to when the webcam feature will be working?

Comment

I meet the criteria in the OP but I see this (subscribe to our email newsletter). Is this a bug? At any rate, I was only curious what this feature was, but the OP has answered my questions.

(I was unable to upload the screenshot so described it instead)

Comment

I am interested of this!

Comment

jktdec710, that page also says, "Next scheduled show: There is no scheduled show at this time. Please check back regularly for updates!" - maybe you missed that?

As it says, it's in beta, we're still testing. We have tested a few times now, and we're getting closer. In the next few days, there'll be another test (with our Customer Support guy, Brent, fully clothed). if it's working after that, we'll schedule a model, if not, we'll make more fixes, then test again. As soon as it's working well, we'll have a schedule of models you can see on the page.

Lona, thanks for letting us know. I'll be in contact when the tech stuff is working reliably!

Comment

Anyone would think cam shows were the cutting edge of the Internet rather than something that requires only a laptop, a webcam and Internet connection. If Abby Winters management team were running youtube it would be a small niche site with a handful of users. Maybe it's time to stop trying to reinvent the wheel, invest in some off the shelf software and either get cam shows working or just drop the idea? Much though i would pay to see Noa, for example, in a video every week, AW needs to focus on recruiting new models rather than trying to be a software development house. Not that it's too successful at that either it would seem.

Comment

Thanks for the supportive comment, TamePaths.

In fact, we approached several adult cam companies to provide this service, and none of them wanted to provide it to us (but they were happy to sell us their cam FEEDS, of their models, which of course is not what we want).

Like you, I figured camming was a solved problem, a commodity service, but it turns out that's not actually the case yet. We did use several existing libraries to develop our implementation, which reduced development time a lot, but there's still a lot of "connecting" to do, and that's imperfect. Hence the beta label.

Rest assured, our developers are not responsible for recruiting models, so nothing is being taken away in that dept.

Comment

I tried My Free Cams after a girl here recommended it. I now have no money in my account. They are the worst site Ive ever been on. The girls get you to pay 20 dollars to get their top off for five min. That site has made me cancel my credit card. Not good for AW.

Comment

Happysteve, sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I have heard good things about myfreecams, but I guess it depends on what you expect, and which models you select. If you've still got money on your account, you may as well spend it trying a different model?

Not sure what you mean by "not good for AW"?

Comment

Every time i click on "abbywinters playdate beta" link i take a page without any specific content.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	647214

Does this link work or not?
                                                  Is there any schedule for this link?
                                                  Any help for this issue?
                                                  Regards.
                                                  Last edited by ilias63; 31 August 2014, 04:53 AM.

Comment

What's up?

Hello,
                                                    Any news to share about this?

Comment

Look at the cam site Niteflirt. If you can mimick them I would use it a lot with AW girls,

Check with Niteflirts. THey are for independents so I bet you could work something out with them

Comment

I tried out webcam modelling for a while but soon go out of it because it was such a negative place, so much pressure and the feeling that a lot of people are either freeloaders or girls doing something maybe they wouldn't want to do... It's a tough place and nothing like abbywinters. If abbywinters wants to host something like this in their style with all these wonderful people part of this community, though, that's a whole different picture, I think it could bring a lot of light into the dark world of webcamming. I hope you guys sort it out It sounds like a great idea to me

Comment

ok, it's for real, it's happening: Our first ever AW playdate with Renae D! It's at 1930 Central European time, about 3.5 hours from when I write this. That's 10.30am in LA, 6.30pm in London, 1.30pm in NY.

Comment

Wish I didn't have to go to work. Would love to chat with Renae! But I'm also interested if this would actually work since I've reported the problems in the past, as have other members. Oh well, will find out sooner or later. And, is there any chance these cam shows will be recorded and put on the site later so those of us who missed them can watch? I think other sites do this.
                                                            Last edited by laktor; 14 October 2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Hey Laktor, sorry you miss out! But hopefully, there will be many more (they will not always be at this time).

I hope there will be no problems, but it's possible there will be, and we'll fix them. The whole PlayDate system is still in beta, and we have done a bunch of tests since you last tried and resolved some bugs. I'll post a summary to this thread after Renae has finished.

At the moment, we have no plans to record and post the shows.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X