Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video quality of HD videos

Hi people,

I like to give credit where it is due and I must say that the new HD quality videos are simply fantastic. The improvement is noticeable and watching recent solo and girl girl videos makes me feel like I am actuallly in the room.

Take care,

SF

I absolutely agree, but ...
    As I already wrote in another post I really appreciate that video bitrate increased up to 11000 kbps/50 fps for the 1080p files - fantastic video quality (can only speak for the girl-girl videos, not interested in solo and IM). Of course, file size is larger but absolutely worth it. I only wish there would be some continuity concerning this point because the latest girl-girl video (sophie & tiffany) unfortunately means a relapse to about 4000 kbps - video quality is not worth discussing, at least for me. A terrible waste for an otherwise great and sexy scene.
    Maybe someone from AW can tell me what's their view on this issue, thank you.

Comment

I think this has been answered by AW in another thread, only the most recent videos (g/g,solo & IM) have been shot with their new camera(s), I think you mean the latest Sophie and Irina (not Tiffany) video has gone back to the lower bitrate, maybe it was filmed a while ago, we don't know, although I do agree that maybe AW could let us know which upcoming video's have been filmed with their new camera(s), don't worry I would still purchase any g/g scene at the lower bitrate (because they are my favourite).

Comment

Hi,

I checked with video team. The HD (1080) videos are offered at the highest possible quality AW has them in. The Sophie/Irina video is from an older shoot, shot/processed at the quality you can download as HD, there isn't a higher quality available for that shoot.

At what screen do you view those vidst hat quality of 4000 kbit is not watchable (to you) ? On my tiny 23" monitor most vids look fine

Comment

havijack,
          you're right, I meant the sophie & irina video. Will be looking for the thread you mentioned, thanks.

Frans,
          thank you for the efforts. To my knowledge there are 4 girl-girl videos available at the moment (starting with May) with a video bitrate from about 7000 to 11000 kbps (1080p): alba & carmen, billie & sophie, alba & paula, sophie & tiffany - these have perfect video quality, very clear picture (download file size is up to 4 GB or more for the main video). All others come with a video bitrate about 4000 kbps (file size ~ 1,5 GB) which in my opinion is far to little for 1080p (would be fine for 720p which is available for some older videos) - picture quality is somekind blurred, simply not up to date.
          So, I would not say these vids are not watchable, but at least they are not so enjoyable for me in comparison to the higher bitrate videos. But probably I'm a kind of a quality enthusiast.
          However, looking for the girl-girl videos coming up in the next weeks with great anticipation ...
          Last edited by mercur; 12 July 2016, 06:06 PM.

Comment

@staff I am curious, are there plans to start recording videos in 4K?

Comment

We've purchased 4k video cameras, and expect to start using them in the next few weeks, but due to Covid-19, the volume of new shoot production is way down, so it will take a few months for the effect to be felt.

Comment

But please make a very short test for us to see the difference.

Comment

What bit rate do you think we should encode 4k videos with?

Comment

Hello Garion,
                    I am very curious to know if you have eventually started the 4K filming and when the video will arrive on the site.
                    I am unfortunately not able to give you any advice on the bit rate but have you considered switching to H265 encoding? I expect the 4K video to be a lot bigger than 1080p and H265 would certainly save quite some space on your servers and ease the downloads for us.
                    Last but not least I wanted to thank you, your teams and the models for the amazing work over the years. I am quite an old subscriber now, still as a big fan as I was in the beginning (was it really in 2006?!) and I just wish I can enjoy AbbyWinters many more years.

Comment

Originally posted by toholl722 View Post
                      Hello Garion,
                      I am very curious to know if you have eventually started the 4K filming and when the video will arrive on the site.
                      We have the cameras, but due to Covid-19, there were delays getting them to shoot producers around the world... but I think they are all received now, so we should start receiving shoots back from them in the next few weeks. I would expect to start seeing the shoots being released on the site in about six weeks.

Last but not least I wanted to thank you, your teams and the models for the amazing work over the years. I am quite an old subscriber now, still as a big fan as I was in the beginning (was it really in 2006?!) and I just wish I can enjoy AbbyWinters many more years.
                      wow! Thanks for being with us so long - we're doing our best to ensure you can enjoy what we make for many years to come!

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post

We have the cameras, but due to Covid-19, there were delays getting them to shoot producers around the world... but I think they are all received now, so we should start receiving shoots back from them in the next few weeks. I would expect to start seeing the shoots being released on the site in about six weeks.

wow! Thanks for being with us so long - we're doing our best to ensure you can enjoy what we make for many years to come!
                        Hey Garion long time fan here i was just following up to find out if we'll be seeing any 4k quality videos in any of the upcoming shoots??

Comment

Ive noticed a sudden half in the bitrate on the HD1080 videos recently... they used to be around 10000kbps, now they are around 5000kbps.. This okay for clean scenes, but if it is an outdoor scene with trees, bushes etc or anything complex on the screen the image quality is a disaster, and becomes filled with artifacting/pixels. Pitty.

Comment

Originally posted by ukguyxxx View Post
                            Ive noticed a sudden half in the bitrate on the HD1080 videos recently... they used to be around 10000kbps, now they are around 5000kbps.. This okay for clean scenes, but if it is an outdoor scene with trees, bushes etc or anything complex on the screen the image quality is a disaster, and becomes filled with artifacting/pixels. Pitty.
                            Any examples of such problem scenes?

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                              Any examples of such problem scenes?
                              Hello

Yes, this one is one of the worse. https://www.abbywinters.com/nude_gir...?t=1300.357797 skip to 21:40 and watch for a while. As the balloon strings/ribbons come into view (complex imagery) the video becomes 2005 quality. Compare it to this video and you will see the difference in clarity is quite dramatic. https://www.abbywinters.com/nude_gir...1?t=900.987274

Comment

Thanks for the example, how are you viewing those.. direct from site or downloaded? I wondered about that because I just realized that when *I* view them on site and go full screen I'm enlarging the vid (my screen is def. bigger then 1920x1080 )

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                                  Thanks for the example, how are you viewing those.. direct from site or downloaded? I wondered about that because I just realized that when *I* view them on site and go full screen I'm enlarging the vid (my screen is def. bigger then 1920x1080 )
                                  Hello, I am viewing them as downloaded. Full/Max quality version Its true that some videos are only 5000kbps though, they used to be 10000kbps. Perhaps it is an effort to reduce file sizes? Lol I have a video from Abbie T i think it is, 1080p 50fps 10000kbps, its over 4GB haha, but... its looks amazing lol

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                  Working...
                                  X