AW 2016: A Grumpy Year In Review (LONG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AW 2016: A Grumpy Year In Review (LONG)

Before I start, two things: One, this is all just my opinion. My tastes in women, and what turns me on, are probably different from yours or anyone else's. If you have an AW highlight from 2016 you'd like to share, feel free to do so! I only have so much time to spare to watch AW, and I may have missed something good.

And two, thanks to: Garion for keeping things going. Masie, Misha, Lynn, Remie, Giulia, and the rest of AW's camera crew for capturing so much beauty, playfulness and erotic release and doing it so well. The backoffice staff at AWHQ, and Frans for keeping things organized and sane here in the forums. And especially to all the lovely, smart, sexy women who model for Abby Winters! Even if you're not mentioned below, know that you're beautiful and awesome, and we appreciate all that you are and all that you do.

And now: A Grumpy look at 2016!

SOLO of the year, posing only division: Emilia. There were some nice ones– Yasmeena's and Amanda B's second come to mind – but this won me over. It wasn't just for Emilia's silliness, the nude skateboarding and the posing with the Bob Dylan album (so was that what got him that Nobel Prize ), but also for her infectious laugh and winning smile. Oh, and many other things.

SOLO of the year, self-pleasure division: Noelle. There were some lovely videos in this category (Tiffany's and Jay's, to name two), but I picked this one because it was nice to find out a little bit about Noelle, because it was a nice comeback, because it was good to see her overcome her nerves to play with herself on camera, and because she's one heck of a cute ginger. Here's hoping that we don't have to wait so long for her next shoot!

SOLO IM of the year: Bonnie C. There were some good ones this year (Emilia and Juliana both turned in hot IMs), but seeing Bonnie so worked up that she had to come twice to settle down was and is thrilling. Possibly the shoot of the year in my book.

DIM of the year: Maia and Vivi. There wasn't a lot to choose from, but this one stood out for the nice chemistry and interplay between the models, and reminds me that I'd like to see more of both of them.

GIRL-GIRL of the year: Emilia and Tiffany. There were a number of good ones – there always are – but the friendship between the two models led to a familiarity that in turn led to some hot, hot moments, without anything feeling forced or stale.

PLAYDATE PARTNER of the year: Laney. Part of me feels guilty giving this to anyone, since I've only been able to see a few Playdates this year.But Laney always comes ready to play, and have fun, and chat happily with us. She's a welcome, lovely sight, and I hope she'll keep doing Playdates for a long time.

STORY of the year: The continuing upgrades to and modernization of the website. Not everyone agrees on all them, but they affected the site and how we use it, and I suspect there'll be more as AW tries to keep up with the tech times. (Me? I'm not crazy about the new members' home page layout, but I like the new camera quite a bit!)

COMEBACK of the year: Satine. I mentioned Noelle earlier, and it was good to see Tallulah back, but Satine was a welcome sight, as sexy and fun as ever. Let's hope that it's not just for Playdates!

DEBUT SHOOT of the year: TIE. Up until a few days ago, I was all set to give this to Yasmeena's IM, which showed off many lovely sides of her. But then Manon's solo shoot went up, and with that smile and that body...well, it was impossible for me to choose one above the other. If you've seen them both, you'll understand. If you haven't...well, that's what the links are for.

ROOKIE of the year: Juliana. Solo shoots, IMs, girl-girls, boy-girl, group shoot...I think the only things Juliana didn't do this year were joining a camera crew and baking Masie a cake. And she's probably scheduled those for 2017.

AW MODEL of the year: Glasses. Long hair. Lovely breasts. Nice eyes. Great smile. Winning laugh. Great communication. Smart. Undeniably sexy body, and sexier mind. My choice...Emilia!

And four things I'd like to see in 2017:

More group shoots. They don't have to be like the multi-girl water play extravaganza, maybe just 3 to 5 models having fun. There are plenty of angles that could be explored. And maybe, just maybe, we could see a 3-girl or 4-girl IM. And speaking of:

More and better DIMs. I know that the best matchups are saved for the GG shoots, but most of this year's DIMs seemed flat. The all-time best of them – Caisa/Noa, Claudia S/Noa, Amalia/Remie, Elisa/Mirai– had hot chemistry between the models, leading to breathtaking moments. In 2016, the chemistry seemed to be mostly absent. I'm hoping this can be fixed for 2017.

A two-girl public Playdate. I think everyone's been hoping for this, and since Playdates aren't shoots, there could even be repeat pairings.
    And the return of Mirai. I can dream, can't I?

Totaly agree with you that model oif the year is EMILIA

Comment

Grump this is my favorite part of the end of each year! Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to tell the ladies how much their efforts are appreciated both crew, models and in house staff.

We love the work we do but sometimes it is a bit like giving anonymous gifts, you are happy you gave but miss out on the joy of seeing the gifts being opened so I really appreciate your post.

it has been an amazing 2016! I think I know who will win your COMEBACK of the year shoot next year

Masie xxx

Comment

Originally posted by masie View Post

it has been an amazing 2016! I think I know who will win your COMEBACK of the year shoot next year

Masie xxx
        Would that be the georgius Gretchen?

Comment

Originally posted by pongo123 View Post
          Totaly agree with you that model oif the year is EMILIA
          Not that it was an easy choice for me - Amanda B, Juliana, and Bonnie C were right up there. Followed by all the others.

Comment

Grump this is my favorite part of the end of each year! Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to tell the ladies how much their efforts are appreciated both crew, models and in house staff.

We love the work we do but sometimes it is a bit like giving anonymous gifts, you are happy you gave but miss out on the joy of seeing the gifts being opened so I really appreciate your post.

Masie xxx
            Awwww. Thank you, Masie. I know what it's like to work hard on something and not get any thanks or credit, so I wanted to make sure that AW knows how much they're appreciated. And the love for your work, and the fun and sexy good times the models have, always comes through. Looking forward to 2017!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina View Post

Masie xxx
              Would that be the georgius Gretchen?
              Actually (even though I would be hoping for the marvelous Mirai), I think that Masie means the sultry, sensuous Satine. But I just checked...Gretchen and Satine have never done a shoot together. Hint hint, AW.

Comment

Grump, awesome post, thanks for the insight and giggles!

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                  Grump, awesome post, thanks for the insight and giggles!
                  You're welcome, and thanks for keeping things going here!

Comment

Fantastic post, Grump! As you know, you and I seem to have very similar tastes about all things Abby Winters, so I wholeheartedly endorse all of your choices, particularly beautiful Emilia's stunning debut and the return of sweetheart Noelle after a long absence. But with 244 wonderful Abby shoots going live in 2016, I think there's more than enough magic for another lengthy list of highlights, so here is mine!

Solo of the year: Addie. This adorable redhead had starred in two very pretty nude solos before returning this year to pleasure herself on camera for the first time, and it was magical. After getting to know her so well in her other shoots, being invited to share this special time with her was exhilarating, and her sweetly satisfied post-orgasm smile is etched in my mind.

Double IM of year: Ashley and Zara. Ashley is feeling a bit shy but says she likes directions, so her more confident friend Zara smiles and starts telling her what's going to happen, and Ashley is delighted. They give each other sweet compliments as they masturbate to earth-shatteringly intense and beautiful orgasms.

MVPs of the year: There are certain models whose first appearance on the site is accompanied by a crackling electricity, where it is clear that they love being sexy on camera and feel completely in their element, then follow that up by starring in many shoots in quick succession. As Grump mentioned, gorgeous Juliana is one of this year's MVPs, appearing in just about every type of Abby shoot, but she had some distinguished company. It's a joy to see models who love AW so much that they jump in with both feet. Among the other models making the most of their Abby experience to have as much fun and pleasure as possible were cute Aussies Amber (five girl-girls, 3 IMs and a girl-boy) and Chloe V (six girl-girls and 3 IMs), and sweet sultry Russians Remie (six girl-girls and two IMs) and Alina (six girl-girls and three IMs, including...)

Girl-girl of the year: The best friend threesome with Alina, Ekaterina and Daria. It's impossible to choose one girl-girl as a favorite (more on that below), but this scenario is so very special that deserves to be highlighted. Not only have the girls been best friends for years, they are roommates who love to hang out naked, but they had never had sex. Abby Winters changed all that, and the love and friendship among the girls filled every second with sparkling intimacy: each kiss, lick, stroke and orgasm glowed with special meaning, and the experience of making love to both of your best friends at the same time is almost too sexy to imagine. (I'm dying to know what life is like in their apartment now, and if their after video discussion about having sex together every day from now on came true...)

More girl-girl highlights: As many of you know, I love AW girl-girls more than just about anything on earth, and every single one this year had something amazing to recommend it. It's really a 52-way tie for the top, but I'll just pick some themes and moments to highlight. 1) Friendship: An important theme to girl-girls this year, with the threesome above and several more joyful shoots where real-life friends took to opportunity to satisfy their sexy desires, including Livia and Yara, Emilia and Tiffany and Laney and Lucy. 2) First times: Lucy's electrifying time with Laney falls into another of my favorite categories: models having sex with a girl for the very first time. We also got to share this special moment Sara, gently guided by Katherine J, and Alina, welcomed to girl-loving by Amber. 3) Special returns: It's a delight when Abby girls make special arrangements to return to the site, either after a long absence or from a far distance, and this year's highlights included Laney (who had made the long journey from Australia twice in the past year or so to create eight (!) epic girl-girls), Bonnie (former Aussie staffer who starred in her first girl-girl with Remie), Willla (who visited from South Africa to make love to Mara and Remie) and my ultimate dreamgirl Bobbie (who made the trip from Canada to play with Amelia and Ana).

Story of the year: the new HD cameras are indeed amazing, like being right in the room with the girls, but one of my favorite developments of the year was this photo announcing that Yara, Ashley, Lynn and Zoey were coming on board as AW shooters. It's so wonderful that after having so much fun as models, these girls and others are excited to contribute to AW behind the scenes, and they've all done amazing job of capturing sexiness in their new roles. As usual, Masie said it best in the photo caption: "after all who knows what is sexy and amazing better than abby models!"

Playdate memories: We spent some very sweet time with Remie, Willa, Laney, Lucy and many more, but playing with Bobbie is etched into my mind (and I didn't even get to see many of her playdates!). She told me how much she loves reading my reviews () and in the heat of passion in a public playdate, I shared this cherished moment with her: "I'm about to cum, are you guys going to let me cum?" she asked with a cheeky smile. "Of course, Bobbie! Please cum!" I said. "Thank you Massfan," she replied with a grateful, dreamy smile followed by a wonderful orgasm. Bliss.

Model of the year: Amanda B! Her soft curves, warm smile, quietly cheeky sense of humor and wonderfully intense sexual energy absolutely captured my heart. If you'd asked me before she made her debut to describe my ideal Abby girl, the description would sound a lot like Amanda, cute glasses, Aussie accent, fluffy pubic hair and all. Her solo left me dazzled and dying for more, and she came through in spades, gracing us with steamy masturbation shoots and having incredibly hot sex with Maylin, Amber and Tallulah. On top of everything else delightful about her, Amanda has the most breathtakingly intense orgasms, and I watched her shoots with a mix of grateful happiness and awe.

I feel like I left out lots of amazingness, but I'll call that a wrap. In a year of, let's say, less-than-stellar goings-on in the real world, 2016 at Abby Winters was filled with extraordinary beauty and pleasure, and it was both thrilling and soothing to come back every day and find sweet girls to admire and chat with and wonderful new shoots to enjoy. Thanks to everyone at Abby Winters, the best site on earth!
                    Last edited by massfan3; 3 January 2017, 04:32 AM.

Comment

The second review I have been secretly waiting for.

Masfan the review you and Grump do are amazing - I love seeing the shoots through your eyes and finding out the things you love. I also love that you give praise to the models - they work so hgard and are so brave i really appreciate that oyu take the time to tell them they did a great job in full.

Looking at these two stella reviews I am now even more excited for what we have lined up in 2017! I look forward to hearing how you think we get on at the start of 2018!

Love to you both (any one who has left a nice comment on the boards thanking one of our models)

Masie xx

Comment

Aw thanks so much Grump!
                        I am chuffed to be your comeback of the year and I am also super glad to be back!!

I cannot wait for my next Playdate which is this Saturday...so soon!

Oh gosh now a Girl Girl with Gretchen would be a dream for me so lets keep fingers and toes crossed for that possibility!

See you all soon!

Satine xXx

Comment

Good to see you chime in, Massfan! Amanda B is quite a delight, and I'm glad you gave her props.

Originally posted by satine_aw View Post
                          Aw thanks so much Grump!
                          I am chuffed to be your comeback of the year and I am also super glad to be back!!

Oh gosh now a Girl Girl with Gretchen would be a dream for me so lets keep fingers and toes crossed for that possibility!

See you all soon!

Satine xXx
                          Thanks, Satine! It's an early start time for me for Saturday's Playdate (2 AM here), but I'll do my best to show up. I hope Masie's paying attention to your reaction to a G/G shoot with Gretchen!

Comment

Masie, the idea that you were secretly waiting for my year-end review makes me so happy I love that you enjoy seeing the shoots through my eyes, and your metaphor about our reviews being a chance to see the gifts of AW being opened is so perfect. I adore telling you, your colleagues and the wonderful models what a fantastic job you've all done creating sexiness on an epic scale. The models are indeed so hard-working and brave to share their beauty with the world so intimately. I can only imagine that if I were a model, I would want to know that people appreciate and enjoy my work, which is why I make such an effort to put my admiration of the site into words. Just in the past few days, I've gotten sweet thank yous from you, Satine, Gretchen, Chloe V and Ophelia, which will inspire me to write lots more reviews in 2017!

Grump, thanks again for starting the thread! I'm glad you appreciated my contribution about delightful Amanda. I'm also very much on board with the idea of pairing Satine and Gretchen!
                            Last edited by massfan3; 6 January 2017, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Love this thread - all that positivity and praise - good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Grump35953 View Post
                                Good to see you chime in, Massfan! Amanda B is quite a delight, and I'm glad you gave her props.

Aw thanks so much Grump!

See you all soon!

Satine xXx
                                Thanks, Satine! It's an early start time for me for Saturday's Playdate (2 AM here), but I'll do my best to show up. I hope Masie's paying attention to your reaction to a G/G shoot with Gretchen!
                                I hope she is too!

Comment

Satine xXx
                                  Oh, that would be the super comeback of the year.
                                  I will cross my fingers and toes and what ever else would be needed,
                                  @Gretchen: What do you think?

Love and heaps of hugs Sabrina

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina View Post

Satine xXx
                                    Oh, that would be the super comeback of the year.
                                    I will cross my fingers and toes and what ever else would be needed,
                                    @Gretchen: What do you think?

Love and heaps of hugs Sabrina
                                    Yay! If we all cross enough fingers and toes, it might happen! xx

Comment

Originally posted by Grump35953 View Post
                                      Before I start, two things: One, this is all just my opinion. My tastes in women, and what turns me on, are probably different from yours or anyone else's. If you have an AW highlight from 2016 you'd like to share, feel free to do so! I only have so much time to spare to watch AW, and I may have missed something good.

And two, thanks to: Garion for keeping things going. Masie, Misha, Lynn, Remie, Giulia, and the rest of AW's camera crew for capturing so much beauty, playfulness and erotic release and doing it so well. The backoffice staff at AWHQ, and Frans for keeping things organized and sane here in the forums. And especially to all the lovely, smart, sexy women who model for Abby Winters! Even if you're not mentioned below, know that you're beautiful and awesome, and we appreciate all that you are and all that you do.
                                      I'm a bit late to reading this! I'll be sure to check out the mentions where I haven't already.

On DIMs - I really really (desperately?) hope we see these make a serious comeback as a weekly reliable. They are by far my favourite thing about AW, what makes me reach for the credit card with enthusiasm, and what brought me to AW so many years ago!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                      Working...
                                      X