Do you use Custom zips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you use Custom zips

We have a "custom zips" feature, where users can select individual images in an imageset, and download a zip file of only those images.

We have noticed this feature is used less and less these days - most customers just download the full zip, then delete the images they do not like - and because this feature is difficult (and thus expensive) for us to maintain, we're considering removing it from the site.

It always seems to me, that it's much faster and easier to download the full zip, but I am curious to know your reasoning if you use this feature.

If you do not use this feature, while we could all make guesses about why users use it, I'm keen to hear from the actual users who use it, please!

the custom zip requires time will initially looking for pic one loves.....I'd prefer to take the entire file..look at my leisure to decide my "keepers"....also...its fun some times you find a model turns your head in a subsequent shoot and looking at older full sets with a fresh set of eyes -lets you see the model in a new light...thats my take...nothing techincal - just human interaction and hunting and gathering!

Comment

I say remove the feature from the site, like bigpapi I download the whole zip file, its just easier and takes seconds with my fast broadband, if the money saved can go towards more "outdoor" ( or even better some more threesome) shoots then do it now !

Comment

I don't see the point in the customs. I just download the whole zip. I'm a "completist" anyway. If I fancy the girl enough to download her, I download the best quality vid I can get and all the pictures that are available.

Comment

What would be much more useful would be the ability to zip all my favourite images - I have 673 apparently, but the "select all on page" feature will only let me select 250 of them...

Comment

remigius, I see the problem here, we do have a limit of 250 items, as more items than that can cause memory issues on a user's device. You can do it in groups of 250 (tedious, I agree), and it will work fine.

I am investigating the practicality of having a "download all faves" options, but if it's possible, it will not be queued for a few months.

Comment

OK - thanks.

Comment

One place I thought of where the custom zips are still useful is with the Fetish section. Since there isn't a download zip option for downloading all of the images for a Fetish at once, the multi-select mode can be easily used to download a selection (or all) of the images for a Fetish in a custom zip. Maybe having a download zip option for Fetishes would work (as others have suggested above you can always delete the images you don't want to save after downloading)?

I still love the Fetishes and the old list feature this grew out of. It's a great way of rediscovering and revisiting older shoots in the same way randomly shuffling through your music collection.

Comment

great points Trebor!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X