Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about order of photo and video shoots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about order of photo and video shoots.

Hi there. First of all, as a fairly new subscriber, can I say how much I love this site and what a great job you all do.

Am I right in thinking that for the girl-girl shoots, the photo shoot is done before the video shoot? The reason I mention it is because obviously if that's the case, then the ladies "real" first time together has already happened before the video shoot and it's just a personal thing, but I think it would be quite sexy to see their actual first time exploring and having sex together caught on film. Of course the videos are still very passionate and sexy but I guess we miss out on a bit of the true first time excitement/nerves.

I really hope this doesn't come across as too much of a complaint or criticism as the videos are still great and I really love the site. I understand that there are probably operational/practical reasons the shoots are done this way, but for me personally it's just a small mental aspect of watching the videos knowing that it was their first true (sexual) interaction.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this?

I agree that the videos often feel like re-enactments rather than original encounters. What I find particularly frustrating is that the titles, subtitles and descriptions of the content are based solely on the photographs, which I don't view, and don't always apply to the videos.
    I often wonder if the members are still more interested in photographs than videos now that the videos are of high quality and not split into multiple parts.

Comment

I can't speak for the shooting staff but if I am remembering correctly for the girl-girl shoots I don't think there is a set practice for whether video or stills are shot first, I believe often the video is shot before the stills. There are some comments from the shooting staff on this question on the discussion boards, unfortunately I don't remember the specific thread.

Werda I tend to be the opposite of you where i primarily enjoy viewing the stills and don't always watch the videos. While the videos are indeed of high quality and almost equal sharpness as the stills these days, I still enjoy viewing the stills shoots. The quality of the photography is excellent and I think it is still something that the Abby Winters shooters do best and really separates this site from other adult websites.

Comment

Hi,

i had once read that the stills are taken before, if at least one girl is new to a GG shoot. If both girls already have experience, then the stills are taken afterwards. But I do not know if this is always the case.

I would prefer that the GG shoots were always made first. The action might then have more surprises.
        But I think AW will know what is best.

Since the video quality is now also very high quality, it could also make screenshots from the scenes.

Regards

Comment

@werdna

I'll admit that I was surprised that they still do photos as you would think the majority are here for the videos, but everyone is different and the images must be somewhat popular as I doubt AW would spend money on the server space if no one was viewing them. I sometimes look at the photos, but it's more just because they are there. I don't know if I'd go as far as saying I find it annoying or frustrating as the sex is still passionate etc, but you have to wonder if a little of the tension is missing in the video shoots because it's the second time and is filmed fairly soon after the first. Like I say, not a huge deal, but it would be more of a "cherry on top" type thing to know that we are watching the proper first time. The only thing I may find a little frustrating is when you see a really hot thumbnail and realise that part isn't in the video, but that's just a tiny thing

@trebor and akksakks

Interesting to know that maybe not all the video shoots are shot 2nd and it might just be shoots where a model is new to girl-girl, although funnily this would be an exact situatuion where I would really enjoy seeing the first encounter being filmed the most, but I understand that model comfort is the most important thing. Capturing the excitement, nerves and newness of it would just add that little bit extra for me. Maybe on each shoot there can be a tag or note just saying which shoot was done first?

I'll admit that I just made an assumption they were all done the same based on some of the pre-video shoot behind the scenes stuff where they ask the ladies how they felt the photo shoot went and what they are looking forward to in the video shoot. Maybe the staff can chime in with how it all works. Like I said above, it's not a huge thing as the videos as still passionate, sexy and genuine, but maybe a little tension is missing because they are on the 2nd go. For me personally, it's just a small mental perk to know we are watching a genuine first time. I know most people probably don't care that much, but just wondered if anyone else had thoughts on the matter or felt the same. On the flip side I'm also aware that the photo shoots are probably more posed and directed, whereas the vidoes are more of an uninterupted "do what you like" type thing, so the videos are probably a more genuine and natural representation. Also the models might be more relaxed after the photo shoot and it might make for a better video. I dunno, I guess it's a bit of a double-edged sword, but I can see arguments for both sides.

I hope I don't sound too moany or entitled as I really love the site and what they do. I'm not lobbying for change or expecting things to be done differently because of my personal tastes, but just though I'd give an opinion on a tiny issue....and yes, I know I ramble on too much, it's one of my many faults lol.
          Last edited by crazyduck; 1 July 2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by werdna38 View Post
            I agree that the videos often feel like re-enactments rather than original encounters. What I find particularly frustrating is that the titles, subtitles and descriptions of the content are based solely on the photographs
            That's not true, a shoot with both stills and video has two descriptions ('raves'). The stills rave/description is shown in the big left box on a shootpage, while the video description is shown partly below the video-thumbnails and also in the video-page itself. Well it should be the video-description on the video-page itself as well, it's not right now but it will be soon (I'll ask staff to look into that).

As for the order of stills vs video, this is decided by the models on the day of the shoot. There's is no fixed order, some girls prefer doing stills first, some want to dive in with video as fast as possible

Comment

From what I understand, it's usually stills first, video second. Sometimes, it is video first; one case was the Laney/Mirai GG shoot, which was Mirai's first time, and everyone felt those moments needed to be caught on video.

Comment

In my experience it depends on the crew and the models what happens first. I had one girl girl shoot where we did first photo and then video and another one where we did first video. Also i don`t think doing photo first makes any difference for the video because the pictures are really different and you don`t get to explorer each other like in the video because the photo`s are much more directed while you are more free the experiment and explorer during the video. So even when photo`s have been done first it still feels like a first time

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X