Video and photo quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video and photo quality

A couple of shoots recently seem not to have matched AW's usual high quality, eg Jill (video June 16) where the image was dark and video 'fringing' evident throughout. The preview of Serena's video seems to be afflicted with the same problems. Any chance that these two shoots (and any others similarly affected) could be re-uploaded, assuming that the fault does not lie in the source video? Unless of course it's down to my eccentric computer...

Thanks.

What does 'fringing' mean ? Jill's video doesn't seem dark to me?

Comment

I noticed as well that the lighting for Serena's video is considerably darker than what is normal for other videos on the site.

Comment

Here's a page about fringing, which I see a bit in Serena's video today when she moves her head or her arms. I'm not complaining, but I'm willing to bet that any difference in quality is the result of the talented new contract shooters (who shoot only occasionally) not owning/having access to the same kind of ultra-HD video equipment they have at AWHQ (where shooting takes place full-time). But I naturally have no inside info. Not sure about the lighting issues.

Comment

Thanks for the info about 'fringing', have to look at Serena's vid later to check

Comment

The live stream (standard quality) of Jill's video looks like this to me (Firefox):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2017-10-4 Jill Video abbywinters com.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	649015

I have the downloaded HQ mp4 and that looks OK, if not as sharp as other AW videos.
            Last edited by remigius; 4 October 2017, 05:43 PM. Reason: extra information added.

Comment

Assuming you're talking about this vid; https://www.abbywinters.com/nude_gir...l_2/video/vid1 , streaming standard quality looks ok to me. It's not all that sharp of course (HD quality is) but it doesn't look as rainbow like as your pic.

I've not seen that specific type of problem before, it's usually blocks missing/scrambling. Do other vids stream ok for you? If they do it somehow might be corrupted in your browser cache (it's a long shot though).

Comment

Yes other vids stream fine. Odd. I'll investigate further when I have more time.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X