Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back at the gym!

Hey everyone!

I've just started going back to the gym and joining a few dance classes to try and build up my strength and generally be a bit healthier all round.
    I would love to know what all of your favourite fitness activities are? What are your preferred ways of keeping fit? Gym and dance like me or something totally different?

Here's a pic of what I wear to my pole fitness classes, which I am getting ready for today!

Madelaine xx
    Attached Files

Hi Madeline,

sounds good. if i have time, i do only boring cardio sports. since when have you pink hair?
    i'm looking forwards to your next playdate next wednesday
    have a nice day.

Comment

hair matches the pants!

At gym I usually do some weights, stuff you can't do outdoors by yourself basically. Once it gets a bit warmer I can go back to riding or running outdoors, bit cold at the moment

Oh, Jess G also does pole-dancing.. she posted pics here: https://forums.abbywinters.com/vbull...ad.php?t=20031

Comment

Yoga is my thing.

Right now I'm doing this 28 days of yoga, and it's kicking my ass. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8y...gGf0Ct8j17MJHw

I also like doing the 30 day yoga challenge with yoga with adrienne.https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene
        But her's are a lot more chill.

Comment

I am a big fan of the home workout (that way I can slot is in when ever I have the time). I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred -for at least the 10th time and also enjoy PopSugars videos (https://www.youtube.com/user/popsugartvfit) - I think I like these as they remind my of an abbywinters shoot - she is so happy and positive!

Finally I am a proud member of the hasfit tribe - there are great FREE workouts for men and woman, of all levels and ambitions on youtube by this lovely husband and wife team - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hasfit

Good luck with your fitness goals ladies and gentleman - when I am mid workout and starting to hurt, I find it motivating to know that other people all over the world are busy pushing themselves as well.

Comment

Maddy, ohhhhh Maddy, I love how uniform your hair colour looks, it seems like a pink platinium, how amaaazing!

Myself I love touristing as a work out which is basically getting a train ticket to the mountain side or a new city around and walking on the streets till i drop....ofc this I can't do all the time, but almost everyday i dance in the mirror and sing on something again with dance strongly then easier then again, something like bokwa...I forgot how you call this in the world of aerobic...

Comment

Hey Madelaine! I can´t believe it. I used to practice pole dance too.. I think is a complete sport, ypu hae fun while your body gets a lot of strenght and a nice muscle tone... I´m looking forward to come back to practice it!!!!
              Show us a picture of one of the tricks that you do... I think I have some mines somewhere on my laptop I will look for it and will share with everyone

By the way ... I can´t wait to have our shooting

Comment

Originally posted by valeria_aw View Post
                Hey Madelaine! I can´t believe it. I used to practice pole dance too.. I think is a complete sport, ypu hae fun while your body gets a lot of strenght and a nice muscle tone... I´m looking forward to come back to practice it!!!!
                Show us a picture of one of the tricks that you do... I think I have some mines somewhere on my laptop I will look for it and will share with everyone

By the way ... I can´t wait to have our shooting
                Hey cutie,

Ahh no way! That's something we can chat about while we are chilling before/after out shoot I always forget to take my phone out for photos while in pole class, but i'll have to try to take a few to show you soon!

Really looking forward to meeting you xx

Comment

I'd love to see photos of your pole class, girls! It always looks so cool and impressive to see people do that. I don't do much of anything at the gym, but I love riding my bicycle. Last year, I rode 100 miles in one day, which I was pretty pleased by. I feel asleep almost as soon as I stopped pedaling, ha. It's pretty cold where I live about six months of the year, but hopefully it'll finally be warm enough to ride again sometime this month.

Also, I can already tell the Madelaine-Valeria shoot is going to be amazing.

Comment

I agree with the above ^ I'm sure it will be an amazing shoot by two stunning ladies...awaiting with eager anticipation

Comment

Originally posted by massfan3 View Post
                      It's pretty cold where I live about six months of the year, but hopefully it'll finally be warm enough to ride again sometime this month.
                      Can you believe you're still getting snow? It's freaking me out!!!

Comment

Dear Madelaine

Thanks for sharing - the photo is soo cute .
                        Hope that you continue to being here

Love and heaps of hugs Sabrina

Comment

I'll have to do a post on here as soon as we've done the shoot together to let you all know how it went, maybe if we get some back stage selfies to post too! Super excited xx

Comment

Originally posted by madelaine_aw View Post
                            I'll have to do a post on here as soon as we've done the shoot together to let you all know how it went, maybe if we get some back stage selfies to post too! Super excited xx
                            @madelaine_aw: Backstage stories and selfies would be fantastic! I can already imagine your sparkling smiles side-by-side!

Originally posted by renae_d View Post
                            Can you believe you're still getting snow? It's freaking me out!!!
                            Ugh, it's been rough. I'm normally not one to complain about winter weather -- I know I live in the northeast U.S. -- but multiple snowstorms in April when I should be riding my bike is getting silly. Enjoy Spain while you can!

Comment

Originally posted by massfan3 View Post
                              @madelaine_aw: Backstage stories and selfies would be fantastic! I can already imagine your sparkling smiles side-by-side!

Ugh, it's been rough. I'm normally not one to complain about winter weather -- I know I live in the northeast U.S. -- but multiple snowstorms in April when I should be riding my bike is getting silly. Enjoy Spain while you can!
                              Oh thought is happening only in eastern europe, mass to have winter snow in march then raining with thunderlights in april....

Comment

I see that this is an older thread, but I just came across it while I was looking at some older threads, so I thought that I'd revive this thread, even though I'm late to the party. I used to work out at the gym 7 days a week. I'd do weight lifting, as well as aerobic classes, but when my knees started bothering me, I switched from aerobic classes to a stair climber machine. When that machine started bothering my knees, I switched to a treadmill that I could elevate and just walk on, which simulated walking uphill for 60 minutes. Unfortunately, I got old (I'm closing in on 70), and my body can no longer do those things, so the only exercise that I can do now is to pedal my recumbent, stationary, exercise bike that's in my basement family room. I watch a TV show or a movie that I DVR'd the night before, just to keep me entertained while I pedal the bike.

Once I wasn't able to continue working out at the gym, I gained a lot of weight, and that bothered me. I finally got tired of being overweight, so I did something about it. I've lost 50 pounds (22.6 kg) in the past 5 months, and I'm shooting to lose another 20 pounds (9 kg) in the next few months. So far, I have dropped 2 pants sizes and one shirt size, and when I'm finished, I'll have dropped another pants size and possibly another shirt size. I am 6' 2" tall (188 cm), and I have a large frame, but even being tall with a large frame, doesn't mean that you can carry a lot of extra weight.

Has anyone else been exercising and/or losing weight?

Comment

Hi Dekoda. I am not a gym person - I have joined before but found that in truth I was a chips (fries) in the cafe with a hot chocolate and a sit in a sauna kind of member and what actually needed to happen was neglected. I once joined a fancy gym just to slowly swim in their pool (then sauna). It was attached to a hotel and I used to go in the evenings when it was quiet. I was once the only person in the pool when the fire alarm went off and had to go to the car park in my bikini to stand with the other guest while it was dealt with - a nice person brought me a towel.

I am however currently on a get back in health kick. I started the original March 2020 UK lock down by ordering a box of I think 80 bars of my favourite chocolate and while I enjoyed my year of indulgence I had stopped feeling like me in the shower so it was time to put down the cake fork and start exercising again. I started with something small to get back into the swing (three minutes a day) and have found fitness challenge apps to be very motivational for me. I am currently working my way through a plank challenge app. I started at 30 second Planks and am not up to three minutes (I do not think I have much more in me but the app seems to think other wise - if I suddenly go silent we will know which one of us was right, me or the app).

Comment

I've stubbornly kept up with excersizing when gyms closed here for months. Even when they're open they have a reservation system which is too much planning for me to like It does have advantages though, as normally gym is packed at the populair times. Nobody seems to have told the airco there are less people in the building either, so it gets COLD..

Got my own equipment at home now, pieced the parts together myself which was worth at least one entire gym session according to me, heh. I prefer a crosstrainer/stepper, can't really watch TV while doing that.. going up and down to much. Tried it and get almost sea-sick, not a good idea. So I just put up music and go with that. No specific goal of l losing XX amount of weight (I'm pretty close to target weight anyway and it gets hard to lose anything closer you get). Def. want to keep in shape, easy to lose fitness level.

The elevator over here has problems as well, which sort of helps training.. though it is tiring in summer temperatures

Besides that, training in doors gave me something to do during the stricter parts of locksdown, 'cos those were boring as hell. There's a limit to how long and much I can watch TV/Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by masie View Post
                                      I am however currently on a get back in health kick. I started the original March 2020 UK lock down by ordering a box of I think 80 bars of my favourite chocolate and while I enjoyed my year of indulgence I had stopped feeling like me in the shower so it was time to put down the cake fork and start exercising again. I started with something small to get back into the swing (three minutes a day) and have found fitness challenge apps to be very motivational for me. I am currently working my way through a plank challenge app. I started at 30 second Planks and am not up to three minutes (I do not think I have much more in me but the app seems to think other wise - if I suddenly go silent we will know which one of us was right, me or the app).
                                      Well done! I'm laughing about your last comment about the app seeming to think otherwise. There should be some kind of safety word (perhaps chocolate) that tells your app to back off when you've had enough.

One thing I always recommend for getting into a regular exercise routine is to find a game or sport you like to play and/or an activity with a social element to it. With these kinds of sports/activities exercising becomes something you look forward too. If you are just using machines/treadmills/weights etc exercising can sometimes feel more like a chore. Bring back the fun if you can!

Comment

Originally posted by masie View Post
                                        Hi Dekoda. I am not a gym person - I have joined before but found that in truth I was a chips (fries) in the cafe with a hot chocolate and a sit in a sauna kind of member and what actually needed to happen was neglected. I once joined a fancy gym just to slowly swim in their pool (then sauna). It was attached to a hotel and I used to go in the evenings when it was quiet. I was once the only person in the pool when the fire alarm went off and had to go to the car park in my bikini to stand with the other guest while it was dealt with - a nice person brought me a towel.

I know exactly how you feel. (Well, I wish I knew how you feel, but unfortunately I doubt that I ever will; however I do think I understand your feelings about the gym.) I think some of those graduated programs are designed for 95-year-old grandmas; maybe you could start at Week 15 rather than Week 1. Long observation has taught me that for men and women under the age of about 50, shedding weight (and diminishing clothes size) is really quite easy and primarily connected to food intake: if you eliminate eating between meals, and don't make any exceptions, you'll shed weight pretty quickly.

The other thing is to find an aerobic exercise that you enjoy. Mine happens to be the elliptical trainer, or cross-trainer. I hop on it for an hour at a time, set the resistance level and about mid-way, and bop along to the music in my airpods at about 60 rpm and my heart rate at about 80% or more. For others it's jogging, or long walks, or the rowing machine, or swimming – there are a host of them. The point is to do it, and keep doing it, even when you don't feel like it.

Comment

I have the opposite problem, I can't ever put weight on. Over the last ten years or so, every time I have a period of sickness I lose about half a stone (3-4 kilos), in the ensuing time I have lost about 3 and a half stone (22 kilos). Whatever I eat or drink, it's impossible for me to put the missing weight back on. I'm sure a lot of people would love to have my problem, but as they say, "the grass is always greener on the other side".

Comment

I think that I should have mentioned that I've lost the 50 pounds (22.6 kg) by switching from regular beer to lite beer.🤣 Okay, maybe not, as I don't drink beer....I just thought that saying that sounded funny. The thing about going to the gym and working out is that, you need to just go to the gym to work out as if it is just a part of your daily activities, don't think of it as work. For example, you get up, you eat breakfast, you get dressed in your gym clothes, you go to the gym and workout, then you go to work or do whatever you do during the day. If you include the gym as a normal morning thing, you won't see it as exercise, you will see it as part of your daily routine.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                            Working...
                                            X