Thread: Evolutionary Psychology and Sex Robots

Mistress of the Boards Posting tornado renae_d's Avatar

Evolutionary Psychology and Sex Robots

So I was going to post this on my own thread because I'm always saying that I can't listen to podcasts. BUT I listened to this whole podcast (over an hour) without any problem at all. Go me! The title is Evolutionary Psychology and Sex Robots, and the guest speaker, Diana, was my TA in college, actually! Anyway, decided why not see if I stir up any controversy in the discussion boards at large with this one:

https://philosophicaldisquisitions.blogspot.com/2018/08/episode-44-fleischman-on-evolutionary.html

Permanent Resident
    I haven't had a chance to listen to this podcast but I did listen to a program last week about a book on some of the issues facing humanity during the 21st century. The program gets into an interesting discussion about artificial intelligence. One of the parts I found most interesting was the discussion about how often the dangers of artificial intelligence get talked about in a science fiction scenario of A.I. gaining sentience and turning against humanity, while in reality the real danger may be in a small group of humans having access to tremendous power over others through A.I.

The author is a little pedantic at times and I'm not sure I agree with all of his ideas, however it's an interesting discussion if you want to give it a listen.

That is neat that Diana was your T.A. in college. She sounds like an interesting person.