Covering up tattoos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covering up tattoos

I did post this elsewhere in a response to an old post but with no response.

Let me start by saying that I am not a lover of tattoos but over the years some of the best looking Abby Winters models (Liandra and Klaudia are a couple of examples) have been very heavily tattoo'd. Gala has the most gorgeous legs and bum but her lines - for me at least - are spoiled by the silly band that she has worn in recent shoots, presumably hiding a tattoo on her right thigh. I really would prefer to see models naked and not to have socks or bands or scarves tied around arms. Presumably the models like their tattoos and the tattoos represent, in some part, the character of the models. Although I don't like them I'd rather see the tattoos than the daft things frequently used to cover them up. I say let's see the girls as they are please. Anyone else got any views?

I am 100% in agreement with you, tricky.

I let my subscription expire a while back because of this. Came back for a few of the playdates - especially Maia and Yasmeena. About to let it go again when it runs out in a month.

All the shoots with socks left on are just as bad. Seems like lately there are more wearing socks throughout the shoot than without. Don't know if all of them are covering tattoos. Bet many are.

AW, please make the shoots fully nude.

Comment

Susie, Jamie, Matilda, Shae and Rochelle, Annabel, Patricia, Gabrielle, Karmen, Giselle, Sue-Ann, Bryony, Melita, Jilly, Patience, Sahara, Marigold, Jacki, Fotina, Blaire, Daria, Charlotte E, Joannie, Navah, Hayden, LeeLee, Jette, Nichole, ...

Just a small sample of popular and prolific models from the past who sported tattoos. .AW from the beginning was a parade of hundreds of models with tattoos. And there were hundreds without tattoos. Just one aspect of the tremendous variety of models featured here. And we enjoyed them in all their glory, with or without. If something wasn't our cup of tea, there would be something quite soon that held greater appeal for us.

Half the ladies who represented AW at the Las Vegas show had one or more tattoos.

And that has been replaced with socks, material wrapped around arms and legs, midriffs left clothed - in my opinion, much to the detriment of the site.

Think there is any chance in Hell they will listen to us, tricky?

Comment

A lot of times it is to cover a tattoo, but sometimes it is to cover bruises (or the like). As a model, it can be hard to stay 100% bruise free, especially if you bruise easily or are very clumsy. On the flip-side, you can understand why AW wouldn't want to sexualize injured girls - definitely not their thing! Since the site is make-up and photoshop free, there aren't a lot of other options.

As for tattoos, I personally agree with you, but it seems like there is a silent majority that disagrees.

Comment

Nice try Renae D, appreciate you defending the'party line' but for those of us who have followed the site for some time (I have been a member on and off since 2007) the change is pretty obvious. Some of the models appear on other sites and then tattoos, rather than bruises, come out to play. Has the lovely Roslin had a bruise on her left arm in every shoot between August 2017 and this October? I, like ssppc57, left AW a while back because the silly covering up of tattoos was so irritating and spoiling the look of so many otherwise lovely models. Surely a tattoo on a calf which results in the model wearing a long sock in every shoot is not going to offend any more than all the menstrual blood which seems to be fashionable on AW these days. Using it as an example, a tattoo on a calf would probably only be visible from a relatively small number of angles and for a relative small percentage of the shoot. The model wearing one long sock (or even two) is irritating from every angle and for all of the shoot. If the models like their tattoos (which I guess they do) why not give them the option? Then if none of us subscribers add them as favorites or download their videos that will be definitive.
          Last edited by tricky1956; 20 October 2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

This has been discussed at great length elsewhere on the boards, including this thread and this thread. Garion has explained his position here. It does not sound like he has any plans to go back to allowing tattoos to be uncovered.

I personally would be fine with tattoos, though the covering doesn't bother me that much. But if you're wondering why the person who runs the site chose to do this, that's the most thorough answer he's given.

Comment

Thanks for the links massfan3. I am still not convinced by the pro-cover-up argument. I left the site once before because of this policy and ssppc57 appears to have done likewise. The majority of AW models are not professional models and it seems to me that many girls interested in occassional modelling for AW may have a tattoo or two. I just think that it would be nice to see them as they are without socks and bands etc. Let me be clear, I do not like tattoos but I would rather see the models as they are naturally - be that with or without tattoos. I am not going to post any more as I am obviously 'rolling a snowball up a hill' but I suspect that there are a lot more subsrcribers who share my view than folk think and we will eventually all just cease our subs and fade away and no-one will know why.

Comment

Tricky, I didn't say all cases. I just know there have been cases where its for a bruise instead. Especially if you only see them covered in one shoot and not another.

Also, I know of a couple of shoots recently where the model had tattoos but no bands or socks were used to cover up - just clever angles (but you can spot it if you pay close attention). I do a bit of recruiting, and we are trying to find models with fewer/smaller tattoos whenever possible.

Y'all said if people don't like tattooed models, they can just enjoy the shoots without them, but can't the same be said for you just skipping the shoots with tattoo covering?

Comment

I wasn't going to post again renae_d but as you've posed a question I will answer it. Gala, for a really good example, is one of my favorite models (across a few sites using various names) so I am not going to skip her shoots but would prefer it if her appearance was not spoiled - for me, and a few of those above, at least - by the hide the tattooo policy. Now I'll go away, keep quiet and not rock your boat.

Comment

No worries, you're not rocking my boat!

Comment

I posted quite a long reply just a little while ago, and either it’s been removed (AW does that sometimes when they don’t like what someone says) or I messed up the posting. Anyway the main points were these.

1. If it’s just a small unobtrusive tattoo, why bother covering it? Who cares?

2. If it’s a big one, then either don’t shoot the model or shoot her and show the tattoo. Anything else is just dishonest. Either you shoot tattooed models or you don’t. If you do, then shoot her nude, tattoos and all. If you don’t shoot tattooed models, then don’t shoot them. But don’t shoot them with socks or leggings or random bits of cloth draped over them and pretend they’re not tattooed. That’s dishonest. For me, Emma B is the most ridiculous. Supposedly in the throes of passion with her boyfriend, she nevertheless carefully keeps a towel draped over her shoulder throughout, hiding a tattoo. Idiotic to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonpe49 View Post
                        I posted quite a long reply just a little while ago, and either it’s been removed (AW does that sometimes when they don’t like what someone says) or I messed up the posting.
                        It just you posting the same opinion on multiple different threads really (hint: socks)

Comment

True. But people keep bringing it up and AW keeps bringing out the same old excuses

Comment

I think Frans is being a bit unfair and unnecessarily dismissive as it was me that began this thread and there are at least 3 others (check the contributors) that share the opinion. I agree with Jacksonpe49, Emma B is the most ludicrous example with the bit of cloth draped over the shoulderin all her shoots. I would also just say that if AW doesn't want members to express opinions it shouldn't invite them to.

Comment

I think y'all are misunderstanding Frans.

Jackson thought his reply was deleted (it wasn't - I can see when posts are deleted and I don't see any deleted posts in this thread). He is suggesting maybe you are confusing which thread you posted in since you are making similar posts in more than one thread.

Comment

You’re right, Renae. I saw Tricky’s post and yours above, and without checking assumed they were part of the”Socks” thread discussion, where I had posted a lengthy reply, but of course they were in a different thread and so of course I didn’t see my reply. I assumed wrongly that it had been deleted — the site has previously deleted replies of mine that management didn’t like — but I was wrong. My reply is still in the Socks thread, for anyone who cares to read my deathless prose and profound wisdom.

Comment

It seems to be Garions crusade - he said this... "our research into the matter shows that prospective customers prefer not to see tattoos on models. We're a business, and we make what appeals to the bulk of our customers "

I'd love to know what research. Some of the coverings are just ridiculous.

I think it's ridiculous that they are covered up. I feel sorry for the staff who keep having to defend Garion's position.

Comment

Speaking of tattoos.... I recently found Kylie H. on another site under the name Kylie Nymphette. She has a full sleeve on her right arm, a tattoo on her back and another on her calf. She looks great, and has slimmed down considerably. She has also assumed the 'glamour model' persona with makeup, bright red lipstick, false eyelashes and is sporting her lip-rings. I still think she is hot, but not in her former girl-next-door look.

---> Not sure if there's a thread for this, but I'll ask anyway: How do other members feel about historically small-breasted models who get boob jobs. A few that come to mind are Trinity St. Clair, Micah Moore and Amber Chase. In my opinion, Amber Chase can pull it off since she's gotten a little more..... full-bodied... over the past few years. As for Trinity and Micah.... those big bobbies look out of place on their small bodies. With these 3 girls, I always loved their itty-bitty-titties. Just my $ .02.

Comment

Hi Oscarman, I am happy you are a fan of my good friend Kylie and that you are shouting out how well she is doing.

I am sure your intentions were good but if you re read your message, it comes across that you are asking if we have a thread on the boards where you can judge the evolution of models bodies and rate them based on your own opinions. I think this is called body shaming. This is not something that would be encouraged on the boards. While it would be easy to assume that women who share their bodies naked on the internet have endless bags of confidence, from person experience, I can say this is not usually the case. I would be mortified if someone compared pictures of me from my younger days on abbywinters.com to pictures of me now and compared the two. I could accept such a things may happen on one of the tubesites (that's why I dont google my name) but I always thought of abbywinters.com of being a safe space.

Comment

Hmm I didn't take his message that way at all Masie. It seems like he is talking about the man-made things we do to change our looks aka style, not, for example, how we age (which we can hardly control).

Generally it probably wouldn't be nice to pick apart models specifically though. I get what you're saying.

I have to say, on the topic of petite girls getting implants. I have to agree I don't personally understand the desire. I can understand wanting to plump them up after you've had kids, that sort of thing. But then I've never had small breasts, so I guess I can't understand what that's like anyway!

Comment

Body-shaming - never my intent

Hello Masie and renae_d,
                                          First and foremost: How refreshing it is to find a site where the entire team of models, staff, and admin actually read and reply to member comments. Kudos to all of you!
                                          While my profile doesn't indicate so, I've been a member off and on for over 10 years and always come back to AW a few times a year.
                                          Regarding my previous post: It was never my intent to body-shame anyone. And, after re-reading my post, I'm still not sure what part indicated that. My only thought is the fact that I commented that I thought the big boobies looked out of place on Trinity and Micah. That is my opinion and I stated it. If that is perceived as non-PC, so be it... but I'm still not sure how that is any different than saying "I like Masie better with her hair wavy than straight".
                                          Either way, my apologies to anyone who may have felt such. I am just a curious guy who is always interested in other people's opinions, tastes, etc. And believe me, I don't have any more or less respect or admiration for anyone based on their appearance. I love 'em all!
                                          Ironically, I posted that very sentiment on the "Do You Remember?" thread, in a topic discussing 18-20 y/o models. In that thread I said that I have a soft spot for the models who have been with us for the long haul. I went on to mention a dozen or so of my absolute favorites, the first of which was *you*. And to your comment about younger vs. older.... none of us are what we were 10 or 20 years ago. It's not possible, nor expected.
                                          Whew.... that was long-winded.

So, again, sorry if anyone felt my post was singling them out. As I said, I love 'em all, young/old, black/white, tattooed/not, pierced/not, hairy/shaved, slim/full, flat/voluptuous.

One last (selfish) point: AW understands perfectly that not every video needs to follow the same old and tired "talk/strip/masturbate/end" format. The variety of the videos on AW appeals to a lot of different likes and tastes, and that's why I keep coming back. (I'm really digging the GD videos and the DIM-after videos for their slow and relaxed pace). Keep up the awesome work mixing it up! And see if you can get Kylie back with her new look. Like I said, she's one of my many AW favorites!
                                          Thanks for following up,

- Respectfully,
                                          "oscarman"

Comment

Hi Oscarman - thanks for your message back, I didn't think it was your intention to body shame but it was how your words came across so I thought it worth me letting you know x

Comment

Answer to question

Originally posted by oscarman View Post
                                              Speaking of tattoos.... I recently found Kylie H. on another site under the name Kylie Nymphette. She has a full sleeve on her right arm, a tattoo on her back and another on her calf. She looks great, and has slimmed down considerably. She has also assumed the 'glamour model' persona with makeup, bright red lipstick, false eyelashes and is sporting her lip-rings. I still think she is hot, but not in her former girl-next-door look.

---> Not sure if there's a thread for this, but I'll ask anyway: How do other members feel about historically small-breasted models who get boob jobs. A few that come to mind are Trinity St. Clair, Micah Moore and Amber Chase. In my opinion, Amber Chase can pull it off since she's gotten a little more..... full-bodied... over the past few years. As for Trinity and Micah.... those big bobbies look out of place on their small bodies. With these 3 girls, I always loved their itty-bitty-titties. Just my $ .02.
                                              I completely agree. Similar to others I have been a member of various sites on and off for years. While not offended that the appearance of a woman one has viewed over the years has now been enhanced artificially it is a disappointment. I wonder about the source of the idea to do that, the woman or her "managers"?

Comment

I don't think it's the managers. Not always anyway. I have heard too many "enhanced" girls say that it's just something they wanted to do. For example Giselle, who was a star on this site in Australia and had lovey little breasts. She came back to post for a short time about 4 or 5 years ago (guess) and said that she'd been enlarged for exactly that reason.

Personally I think it's a pity. I've never seen a boob job that's actually improved a girl's looks, in fact every single time it looks bad. (Sorry, Giselle.) The exception is women who have had breasts removed for medical reasons (cancer, accidents, whatever) and get an implant to replace what's been removed.

I think when a woman says, Oh, I just felt it was right for me, or some similar thing, what it really shows is the influence of conditioning. Small-breasted girls are often teased and mocked at school and by horrible men, and they become conditioned to think small breasts are bad. They're not. They're lovely. Even a flat chest is lovely.

Comment

I love small breast, there is no waste and no sagging.

Comment

I never prefer tattoos. The female form is a masterpiece and needs zero enhancements. Yet if a girl had one it is not a deal breaker. Let her be naked, tattoo and all.

Comment

I'm not a fan of tattoos either, but they are here to stay and don't hold the social stigma they used to have. I love a girl without tattoos, but those who have them paid money for it and wanted it and it's there forever so it's really inappropriate for me to say anything bad about it. I love girls with glasses but sadly for me many run right out and get contact lenses first chance they get. I just remind myself that the world doesn't revolve around me and what I like, though. It just makes the tatless ladies with glasses who do exist all the hotter.

To be fair, when my hair grows out it becomes an unpredictable curly mass that defies all attempts to brush or comb. I keep it short because of that. When I talked about this in a group once, several women piped up and said they love that look - I realized after that I absolutely can't judge girls with tats or who don't wear glasses when they can. Alas - I do the same thing!

Comment

Tatoos are not natural, such as nipples piercing

Comment

Dear glassesguy.

I'm overjoyed to tell you that I'm wearing glasses in my next shoot !!! Will you be giving me a review?

Comment

I just don't understand why tattoos were fine before but not now. Plenty of models had tattoos in the Aussie days. My number one complaint about the site, aside from your ridiculous 1080p file sizes, is that you cover up tattoos. I don't even particularly like tats, but it just looks ridiculous the way they are covered up.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X