Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New girl/girl: Mim & Jacqui

This will gonna be hot: Mim & Jacqui.
    I know i'm not the only one who loves Jacqui.
    Attached Files

Looking forward to that one, looks hot indeed.

But - sorry - the quality looks terrible (noise). what kind of camera was used for the shot? A $100 3 MP P&S? Please tell me it was neither the 1Ds nor 1DmkII....

Comment

Yes, this was shot with a 1dmk2, at ISO 800. Sorry it's not up to your standard

a

Comment

Originally posted by j5e1n2
        But - sorry - the quality looks terrible (noise)....
        Of course you'll sometimes get noise if you shoot in available light. You also get realism, immediacy, and a sense of "being there". These virtues outweigh technical niceties by a huge margin (IMHO)

Comment

does "noise" mean the image has areas out of focus? If so, so what . Whinge, whinge, whinge.

Comment

Originally posted by Philos
            Of course you'll sometimes get noise...
            Honestly, I didn't hear anything.

Lxm

Comment

Aha! Back in February we had this same discussion about the Anthea set.

There was one person who said about it "Qualitywise the pictures are quite bad. Awful lot of noise" and had everyone else scratching their heads.

Guess who said that.

Hint: In the current thread, that person said "the quality looks terrible (noise)." and has everyone scratching their head.

I like what Philos said about the comment. Amen.

BTW, I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that Abby agrees that the quality is not up to par but would rather go with natural lighting when she can.

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
                does "noise" mean the image has areas out of focus? If so, so what . Whinge, whinge, whinge.
                I think this is what is meant: If you blow the image up several times, you can see that the shadows are not smooth - there's some random variation from pixel to pixel...
                (but as Art says, so what? It's still a terrific pic!)
                Attached Files

Comment

...and if it bothers you, think of it as the digital equivalent of a painter's brush strokes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arsby
                    Aha! Back in February we had this same discussion about the Anthea set.

There was one person who said about it "Qualitywise the pictures are quite bad. Awful lot of noise" and had everyone else scratching their heads.

Guess who said that.

Hint: In the current thread, that person said "the quality looks terrible (noise)." and has everyone scratching their head.
                    Unbelievable, arsby !!

Are you memorizing hundreds of threads . . . really cool

I'm neither criticizing Abby's photographic skills nor the models nor the scene.

Maybe bc I'm a photographer myself Ican't help but noticing these things. Noise (=grain of analog film) etc just blows up in my face. Especially since the pics are usually close to top notch in this site I was wondering what went "wrong".

I'm always up for some nitpicking ... .. maybe it helps to keep (or maybe even further improve) the standard of this site up

(PS: any ISO setting >400 should be outlawed )

Comment

First of all, J5e1n2, I'll defend to the death your right to criticize whatever you want. It's just interesting that in both cases you noticed it and everyone else is going What???. I guess some people have a keen eye for such things. Probably a nitpicking, critical Virgo. My father's a Virgo. Don't get me started.

Second of all, I dimly remembered a similar discussion about Anthea, so I looked for her thread, and bang, there you were. Usually I can't remember the names of the models from last week. Anthea was special because she chatted on the boards.

Third of all your PS about "any ISO setting >400 should be outlawed" is similar to the complaints we get from people who never want to see a boy/girl set again, or who can't stand facial piercings, or think that peeing belongs in specialty sites. Ya don't like it, ignore it, and look at the other 500 sets that you do like.

I'm sorry, that last paragraph sounds more critical than I want it to be. I still love ya, dude!

P.S. Your user name. You didn't get the name and the password mixed up, did you?

Comment

Noise is the grain that appears when you use natural light on a low ISO. On a digital photo, the grain often comes up multi-coloured, so when it is emphasised through increasing the saturation, it can look unusual and distracting, and also it can look like jpeg artifacting.

I have to admit I do notice it a lot of the time it appears, but it's a deliberate artistic choice, and not a sign of a bad lighting setup or poor photography.

Comment

If you blow the image up several times...
                          Reminds me of that old gag, "Doc, it hurts when i do this!" [raising arm above his head]. The doc's response? "Then don't do that!".

Sheesh.

a

Comment

Thank you Abby

for not allowing that age factor to stop you from shooting these two beautiful models

Comment

Originally posted by Abby
                              Sheesh.
                              Don't sheesh me madam - I was only trying to help.

Comment

Sheesh
                                Philos, just think of it as attention from a formidable woman. Kinda like being noticed by Mrs. Roops. All the hot women gravitate to you, Philos--what's the secret?

I've tried the blow up the image a whole lot trick. It's kinda fun to see a nipple eight inches across, but after a while I get hungry for pepperoni pizza.
                                Last edited by artlover; 18 June 2005, 06:11 PM.

Comment

All the hot women gravitate to you, Philos--what's the secret?
                                  I guess they feel safer with me than with some of these eager young studs such as artlover.

Comment

It's kinda fun to see a nipple eight inches across, but after a while I get hungry for pepperoni pizza.
                                    Who let a 16-yr-old into the boards!?

Comment

...realism, immediacy, and a sense of "being there". These virtues outweigh technical niceties by a huge margin (IMHO)
                                      Second that. This picture set is absolutely gorgeous, and what makes it so is the beauty of Mim and Jacqui and their obvious delight in each other.

Well done and thanks to all. Can't wait for the video.

takochan

Comment

Of course you'll sometimes get noise... (IMHO)
                                        Yes, I had noise too, but then I realized it was the sound of my own whimpering...

Comment

I guess they feel safer with me than with some of these eager young studs such as artlover
                                          Heeheehee. At least I am still eager. Actually I am a perfect gentleman... unless I am in the mood.

Back in the Sixties there was a TV commercial for a gadget called a Stud Finder. It was a device that you ran along the wall and (allegedly) beeped when it found a vertical wooden beam. My mom and I loved that one!

Comment

Another fantastic g/g video! Very tender, yet Jacqui looks like she just about to devour Mim at a couple of spots! Both girls are beauties.

Comment

I suppose that there will be a DVD coming out for these two girls, and that is probably why I didn't find the videos as exciting as it should have been. Personaly, I find the photo shoot more explicit than the video. Five minutes of kissing without anything else, was a little too much. That is my opinion, and nobody has to agree with me. Otherwise, these girls are very lovely and lovable.

casgrain

Comment

Actually, the Mim and Jacqui set may not end up on video, as it lacked some spark.

a

Comment

I love the natural light so I don't care about the noise, I understand though, I've been a pro musician all my life..... . . if we were discussing that 'd be just as picky!

Comment

Originally posted by Abby
                                                    Actually, the Mim and Jacqui set may not end up on video, as it lacked some spark.

a
                                                    Ever the perfectionist, Abby!

OK, so you may think it wasn't the most erotically pyrotechnic/pyromanic set that has graced our screens, but its "story-line" of two lovely young women starting to explore each other had a
                                                    lovely warmth to it all the same. The atmosphere reminded me rather of that beautiful video of Verity and Sue that we had last year.FWIW

takochan

Comment

I thought the video was very sweet! Thanks to AW so much for the renewed focus on the "GGT3". There's such a dearth of good stuff on the web. Me = happy happy happy happy!

Comment

*Restrains herself from wolf-whistling*
                                                        Great shoot girls, I loved it. You obviously enjoyed yourselves. You two are gorgeous!

Comment

Now if only Mim had had her hair up as in her IM public toilet scene, as well as retaining her spectacles thought her orgasmic throws, it would have been a classic.

The way genuine English girls' breasts firm up when excited, hard as Sheffield steel: excellent, absolutely excellent!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                          Working...
                                                          X