A Neat Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Neat Site

While there is a lull in the posting, I'll post a favorite site of mine from 10 years ago when I first logged onto the internet. It is a first generation internet site as the site design will quickly reveal, however the content was pretty neat I thought.
    It is a virtual tour of a "cold war" era abandoned missle silo in the U.S. Some of you may have seen it before but if not, have fun !!

http://www.triggur.org/silo/

Very interesting site... though I gotta wonder if the guys who went down there thought it was worth it. (In case you're wondering, no, the US government does not want people to explore old missile silos.)

Some of the old Atlas silos (even older than this one) have been purchased by private citizens and at least one family lives in one! I guess you can't get more secure than a missile silo, but I should think it would be depressing to literally live in a hole in the ground.

Comment

That's the truth. A short time after I first went to the site, it all of a sudden it was taken down. I thought (though I never heard anything about it) that the gov. might not want it up but then it came back up and they said they were caught.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
      Working...
      X