This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi MelbGandalf!

Sorry it took so long to reply, and again, welcome to the boards!
    Let me see if I can assist in answering some of your questions. The beauty of the boards is that if I mess up a thought, someone else will rescue me and make it clear.
    I am not sure if you have had time to grasp how the dots on the left of the thread column work but here goes.
    • If the button is orange, it is a newly posted thread by a member and you have not yet read it. Once you read it, it will turn blue on the re-fresh. If another member posts to it, it will go back to orange.
    • If YOU post to it, it will have a star inside it. If that thread comes back orange and will now always have the star in it as you have a response(s) inside then another member has again put in a new response. Maybe responding to your post, but not necessarily.
    The threads when not responded to by anyone, begin to move down the list further and further until they go to another page (see bottom for 1 2 3)

To address threads going off topic, you will have to research the Thread Drift Theory. Scientists hypothesize that some 13.7 billion years ago, a Thread had a single thought existence. Then 2 random Thoughts collided, causing matter to be spread in every direction and are measured to be going away from us with speeds proportional to their distance.
    These Thoughts are expanding, heating and cooling as they travel through the boards, and are moderated by elements known VidDudes and Luxmans. (VD and LX) This effect balances out the negative energies and results in the synthesis of positive energies known as Jo's (Jo)
    We can only theorize that if these natural moderators were not in existence, our thoughts would presumably end up in big Black Holes.

Hope this helps

Random Thoughts…

Comment

Thanks RT, and all i can say is thank god for the moderators

Comment

Originally posted by MelbGandalf
        ...thank god for the moderators
        OMG, he speaks about Vid Dude and MEEEEE!!!

Lxm

Comment

How do you post a new thread?

I don't see a button to make a new thread on the forum page...

Comment

It isn't in the main forum page ... but in every forum (Mundane Chatter, The Models, Abby Winters Discussion, etc.) there is a button right at the top which says "New Thread"

You can understand why they wouldn't want people to create new forums, but anyone can create a new thread within a forum, with the exception of members starting threads in the "Models Speak" forum. We members should not be speaking for the models

So got something you want to talk about and don't see a thread for it already -- Go for it! Although as MelbGandalf says, the current forums are rife with old threads about a variety of subjects so you may want to search around for the subject first and see if it has come up before.

Comment

Still not working

Yeah - I was trying to start a new thread within an existing forum - the main "abbywinters.com discussion. "But I didn't, and unfortuately *still don't* see "a button right at the top which says 'New Thread'." I don't know if it's just not appearing for me or not for everyone or if i'm just being blind and not seeing it. I took a screenshot and was gonna upload it, but below - where it says "Attach Files Valide file extensions: doc gif jpg png txt" there's nothing to click on - it's all just text for me - nothing clickable. There must be something not working...

Comment

Originally posted by frogandtoad
                There must be something not working...
                There does seem to be something wrong with your posts; incomplete HTML keeps coming out.

Comment

"There does seem to be something wrong with your posts; incomplete HTML keeps coming out." I'll restart my browser in a little while and see if it works then. If not then I'll post and see what's going on...

Comment

What browser and version are you using?

I have a user who, for some reason, cannot log into the boards because the login box does not appear for him. I cannot figure out why that would be, but sounds similar to your problem.

Comment

VD- I've found that a lot of people refuse to upgrade browsers and it really screws them, especially the iE dummies. Thank Allah for Firefox

Comment

Hi People I am a new member of AW, and as you can see i'm from melbourne. I've been tempted to sign up on this site for a while. So thought i'd give it a go. the first site i've ever ever actually signed up on!! I think it was more the fact i keep on looking at some of these girls and think... i've probably walked past you in the city, or been standing next to you on a train or tram. So yeah...here i am

Comment

Originally posted by Randomthoughts
                          For those wishing to know what motivated some to give their board names, you can also go Here or submit your own explanation of why you chose your name. Personally I am waiting for Peltburger and Electricunderpants to go to bat!

Random Thoughts…
                          Damn - Monday March 20th between 7:29 to 7:38 MST - I spotted the elusive Electricunderpants on-line. I PM'd a request to Electricunderpants and then the name disappeared from who is on-line.
                          Did anyone else witness this event?
                          My integrity is on the line here with Leprechaun as he thinks I have lost it. I did locate Peltburger though.

The Great White "Random Thoughts" Hunter...

Comment

I lost jamie !! I had jamie as an image on the background of my desktop. Jamie was standing near a small parking lot , keys and papers in her hand, sunglasses on. Looks like she was going to do some AW work. Where can I find her ? regards holden

Comment

Originally posted by holden
                              I lost jamie !! I had jamie as an image on the background of my desktop. Jamie was standing near a small parking lot , keys and papers in her hand, sunglasses on. Looks like she was going to do some AW work. Where can I find her ? regards holden
                              Try looking at her pics sets from the models list

or maybe the brillient Mr Luxman can help you

Comment

Originally posted by stoneyyy
                                Try looking at her pics sets from the models list
                                No, I think it's rather a picture from one of the Backstage sets, or one from the Jamie looking spunky thread.

Thanks for the comment stoneyyy.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman
                                  No, I think it's rather a picture from one of the Backstage sets, or one from the Jamie looking spunky thread.

Thanks for the comment stoneyyy.

Lxm
                                  Only 1 pic on that thread still working, like many old threads the pic links no longer work

Comment

After going through 7750 Backstage pictures, I think I found it.

Here it is:

[ATTACH]2762[/ATTACH]

and here's the link to the full size version.

Lxm
                                    Abby Winters customer service

Comment

Arghh...

Luxman, you are too fast.

I just looked through the same 7750 backstage pictures too. Then resized the image, got ready to post and ...

Oh well, actually I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't enjoying it. I saw some amazingly beautiful girls during my search that I had forgotten about.

Comment

Originally posted by centaur
                                        I saw some amazingly beautiful girls during my search that I had forgotten about.
                                        Same for me.
                                        I could have found the picture within half the time if I hadn't to stop so often to have a deeper look.

There are awesome ladies on the site.

Lxm

Comment

Remember, the first two letters in "awesome" are...

Comment

hahaha, nice one!

a

Comment

Artlover!!!!!!!!!! 4 more posts to the 3 milestone!
                                              I can't find the thread describing the member monikers "Permanent Resident" - Not many non-staff are at the 3000 mark!

RT...
                                              Last edited by Randomthoughts; 26 March 2006, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Crap...I just noticed Luxman is only 25 away from the 4 mark.
                                                That'd be king of the hill here. Must commission a bronze statue in his likeness in front of A/W headquarters if only the sculptor had an image to go by. We know he has a beard though, and bronze curly hairs are hard to carve...

RT...

Comment

Hello all....just thought I drop in and say Hello. I have just joined up and I really love the site. The videos are fantastic and I love hot aussie girls!

Comment

Hi jingol,

Welcome to AW & the boards and thanks for your kind words.

There's a lot to discover here.

If you want, you could jump to this thread to learn a bit about some other members and tell us something about you.

Enjoy your stay.

Lxm

Comment

recent member to the site, first time poster to the forums.... gotta say, this is a top notch quality site.... all the gals are sexy as.... and there aussie... just makes u feel proud to be a skip....

and on that note cheers!!!

Comment

Although I'm not the official welcomer, welcome to the board mrgr1nners, it's always a pleasure to have the new members on the boards. There's a lot to discover on this site, so enjoy your stay.

Comment

hi mrgr1nners... I thought I would be like the Luxman (as we all want to ) and welcome you to the AW boards. Yes, this site is the best, bar none. Cheers back to you and I hope we see more of you in our online community. When you get settled in, try the new Lists feature--loads of fun. --Artie
                                                          Last edited by artlover; 26 March 2006, 05:24 PM.

Comment

how do I.....oh so many questions

haha
                                                            I guess I am a newbie
                                                            but I have posted before.. so I am experienced?

I came and saw and soon there joined after... the content is stellar, or rather conter "I" enjoy

My first question is I am living in California, USA, and the time difference is... if it is Sunday March 26, 2006, 3 PM PST what day and time is it there.

When I pop in usually noon time (PST), or 6 pm (still PST), I read that so an so is on the boards, or a new thread is (something interesting... REALLY, I think I am alone) sad that, being ALL ALONE, but I digress... sigh... how do I find out if I am NOT ALONE or even better if someone is here (specifically the AW model/staff) discussing the posted topic?

I read somewhere that the photo shoots can be displayed in a slide show fashion... almost like a video. Is THIS TRUE? How do I do that?

I have read that suggestions are welcome, where do I suggest?
                                                            I have read that ideas for shoots are DESIRED. Where do I post my desire... (on the thread you read about it dummy), sorry, sometimes I am a bit thick.

Comments are welcome, where do I send comments, suggestions etc. if they are not responces to a direct thresd. LIKE IS THERE ANY WAY to indicate who is online or chating now!

I have read that Abby does not appear on her site (MY/OUR loss for sure), but can/will she just put up a smiling face? Real face.

I have read a few threads, want to read them all, but my time is really flakey right now. I have read some... hummmm interesting (yeah, thats the PC way to say it) commets. Are models ever offended? Would they even say so? Or is it anything goes, its good for the members...

Is there a way to link into a models complete portfolio by clicking somewhere on the page you are viewing?

Oops gotta go, and I still have more on my mind... thats scary...

Comment

Originally posted by browneyes
                                                              how do I find out if I am NOT ALONE or even better if someone is here (specifically the AW model/staff) discussing the posted topic?
                                                              The front page of the boards who's who is browsing the boards right now (at the bottom of the page). The first thread in each group - after the sticky ones - are those most recently posted to. You can set the time to display in your local, but VidDude or Luxman will have to show you that.

I read somewhere that the photo shoots can be displayed in a slide show fashion... almost like a video. Is THIS TRUE? How do I do that?
                                                              Is true, see the FAQ answer on it here: http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?...iki&id=WhySame

I have read that suggestions are welcome, where do I suggest?
                                                              On the feedback page: http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?page=feedback (choose "General feedback only" fromt he combo)

I have read that ideas for shoots are DESIRED. Where do I post my desire... (on the thread you read about it dummy), sorry, sometimes I am a bit thick.
                                                              Luxman will be along soon to direct you, but it depends on what you want to commetn on - how an existing shoot could have been done better, how a certain type of shoot could be done better, or ideas for a whole new type of shoot.

There is some general info on what the groups are in the FAQ: http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?...i&id=HowBoards

I have read that Abby does not appear on her site (MY/OUR loss for sure), but can/will she just put up a smiling face? Real face.
                                                              Please see the FAQ: http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?...=WhereAbbypics

Are models ever offended? Would they even say so? Or is it anything goes, its good for the members...
                                                              They can be offended. Despite this all being text and you living in a differnt country, real people will read - and be affected by - what you write. Please treat the models (well, everyone, really) with respect you would if you met them face to face. We do have rules, detailed: http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?page=ForumRules

Is there a way to link into a models complete portfolio by clicking somewhere on the page you are viewing?
                                                              Best way is to copy and paste the URL in.

Welcome to the boards, and thanks for asking the questions, instead of barrelling in fingers first. Please have abrowse of the FAQ pages: http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?page=AwFaq

a

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X