AW Coder Diablo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fransAW View Post
    I'm with you as far as car techs go. It has four wheels, an engine, a gas-pedal and a brake. And it drives me where I wanna go, that's about it

I'm just to lazy to learn stuff about cars, prefer to bring it to the garage if it needs fixing.
    I suppose for some people like you, ignorance is bliss I took an interest in cars, basically because at the time I was getting my drivers' license, I was starting to get bored with computers, and the social groups I was forming around them. I figured I needed something else to keep life interesting... and I've learned quite a bit since.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
      Looks like I might have to offer to rub those fingers for you, to warm them up... Penny took a spot for Saturday afternoon (US time), since I was being distracted with something (thanks Penny!), but the mystery raver will be coming up next in a few hours... stay tuned!

Heh, details must surely bother you, then. Next time you park your car next to a VN-VS Commodore (between 1988-1997), it's pretty apparent if you compare the body shape of the two cars. Or ask your mechanic about who made the engine...

Well, I'm surprised you want to keep talking here - you're more than welcome, of course. Anything else you want to ask of me? How's your weekend going? Mine's going to be rather bland, as I've got to weed my backyard, and clean up another kitchen mess. Got my car washed though (some lowlife threw an egg at it while it was parked on the street), looks almost mint now. I might intersperse all that with some GT4 on my Playstation, to even it out, maybe some bike-riding later on, too...
      Cleaning egg off your car eh? I told you to watch yourself (in Luxman's thread) didn't I... ... Seriously though, what idiots, just give me their names and addresses and Mistress Melinda will sort 'em out, but not in a good way *pulls out razor sharp cat 'o' nine tails*..... You are determined to confuse the hell out of me aren't you Diablo? What is a VN-VS Commodore, I can prolly safely assume it's a car of some sort... actually I shouldn't ask, for fear of more confusing details, lol... the only cars I know are a Holden, a Ford, a Toyota Lexcen, a BMW, a Diablo, a Saab, a Beetle, and a Barina... and they all come in a range of colours, what else is there?

Now why are you surprised Diablo? You don't think you're that interesting to talk to? Hmm, a fair point I suppose, but I think I'll stick around anyway ... WOW, your weekend sounds action packed, weeding, sweet! Lol, another kitchen mess, I thought I told you already Diablo, a fortnighty wash of the dishes is unacceptable... I'm not doing much either this weekend, got lots of cleaning to catch up on around the house i.e. vacuuming, dusting, clean sinks, etc etc... just kinda taking it easy this weekend I suppose... hmm, anything else I want to ask? *thinking, thinking* Can't think of anything, but I will............

Luv Melinda

Comment

Originally posted by Melinda View Post
        ... the only cars I know are a Holden, a Ford, a Toyota Lexcen, a BMW, a Diablo, a Saab, a Beetle, and a Barina... and they all come in a range of colours, what else is there?

Luv Melinda
        What? You've never heard of A Volkswagon?.....or a Mini Cooper? Those are two of the cars I own, and women love both of them.

Comment

...but the mystery raver will be coming up next in a few hours... stay tuned!
          Ohhh, so it was Webdude... cool. Very good first rave Webdude, I think you did a great job and the "Little Miss Naughty smile" part was excellent... come and say hi again Webdude, I promise I'll try not to talk about you being naked again...

Luv Melinda

Comment

Originally posted by dekoda View Post
            What? You've never heard of A Volkswagon?.....or a Mini Cooper? Those are two of the cars I own, and women love both of them.
            Hey Dekoda, give her a break will ya? She did say "beetle" she just didn't say VW beetle.

Melinda, the Beetle is a Volkswagon.

Cheers JC

Comment

Originally posted by jaycee View Post
              Hey Dekoda, give her a break will ya? She did say "beetle" she just didn't say VW beetle.

Melinda, the Beetle is a Volkswagon.

Cheers JC
              I didn't see that jaycee, I must have been half asleep. I was just teasing her about not knowing more cars...

Comment

YAYYY!!! You rule Diablo! You have totally made my day, my week even, with your awesome rave tonight... I have been dreaming of having you write a rave about me even since you started doing them.... And you did not disappoint, it was a great rave indeed! I loved it... oh and thanks for bringing up that point about breaking Paula's record too, I totally didn't even give that a thought, WOW! Now I really do feel like a chatterbox... Oh and very clever making each word of "Past Posting Anniversaries" link to a different milestone... a great touch...

OMG and thanks for the idea you suggested about texta too Diablo, I'm not going to do it, but you did make me think of the best idea!!! Thanks Diablo, I could just kiss you! if I could get past those damn body guards of course

Power to the Mels!

Luv Melinda

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I know what that feeling is like - on my first day at AWHQ, Abby put in a surprise announcement at the top of the newspage mentioning my appointment here. I wasn't even expecting it... and then suddenly this thread was born.

As for the kiss - just put it in a envelope and mail it to me, c/o AWHQ. That should get it there

Comment

As for the kiss - just put it in a envelope and mail it to me, c/o AWHQ. That should get it there
                    Good thinking, hopefully it will arrive within the next week...

Luv Melinda

Comment

YAYYY!!! You rule Diablo! You have totally made my day, my week even, with your awesome rave tonight... I have been dreaming of having you write a rave about me even since you started doing them.... And you did not disappoint, it was a great rave indeed!
                      It was indeed truly a great rave — but of course, Mistress, no less than is your due.

takochan

PS Congrats on passing the 1800 posts mark.

Comment

...just give me their names and addresses and Mistress Melinda will sort 'em out, but not in a good way *pulls out razor sharp cat 'o' nine tails*.....
                        Uh-oh. And here was I thinking that Mistress M had mellowed and lost interest in dishing out corporal punishment.
                        We'd all better watch it!! (some more than others perhaps) — that nine-tailed pussy cat sounds a lot more menacing than a mere paddle.

takochan

Comment

Originally posted by takochan View Post
                          We'd all better watch it!! (some more than others perhaps) — that nine-tailed pussy cat sounds a lot more menacing than a mere paddle.
                          Oh yes takochan, much worse... have you seen that gruesome movie The Passion of the Christ, when they start using the Cat'o'Nine tails on Jesus and chunks of fresh are being ripped from his back as they belt him with them? Scary, scary stuff...

Luv Melinda

Comment

Hey Diablo, I've been sent here to bug you:

Frans said - You might want to do 'preview' on any post with attachments first, that should spot such moz-screenshot errors (and go bug Diablo about what the heck it is, he should know). Trouble is the full filename of that file includes the username of the account you use to access your computer/windows, which might be information you don't want to post (the name at the top of the Start menu when you press the Start button). So do be carefull ok ?

What does this mean and how can I avoid it? (in English please, not like your car speak, haha )

Luv Melinda

Comment

[PHP]
                              ... have you seen that gruesome movie The Passion of the Christ
                              No. Nor am likely to any time soon.

takochan

Comment

Hey Diablo, I've been sent here to bug you:

Frans said - You might want to do 'preview' on any post with attachments first, that should spot such moz-screenshot errors (and go bug Diablo about what the heck it is, he should know). Trouble is the full filename of that file includes the username of the account you use to access your computer/windows, which might be information you don't want to post (the name at the top of the Start menu when you press the Start button). So do be carefull ok ?

What does this mean and how can I avoid it? (in English please, not like your car speak, haha )

Luv Melinda
                                I have no idea what specific case he's referring to, but what he's probably saying is that when you upload attachments to these boards, they still retain their filenames for everyone to see (and download). Somehow, the username that you use to log in to your home PC (which is likely your real name) is getting included in the filename of the image you're uploading. For example, see if you can spot the hidden piece of information here in my desktop screenshot (woo, triple screen!):

Click image for larger version

Name:	bender-bending-rodriguez-screenshot.png
Views:	1
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	619598

The solution is to make sure you rename image files to something inconspicuous before you upload them to the boards.

Comment

I have no idea what specific case he's referring to, but what he's probably saying is that when you upload attachments to these boards, they still retain their filenames for everyone to see (and download). Somehow, the username that you use to log in to your home PC (which is likely your real name) is getting included in the filename of the image you're uploading. For example, see if you can spot the hidden piece of information here in my desktop screenshot (woo, triple screen!):

The solution is to make sure you rename image files to something inconspicuous before you upload them to the boards.
                                  Hmm, I think frans will need to come and explain what happened, I don't really understand... I did rename the file something inconspicuous (I think it was just chief.jgp or something), but when I posted my post there was this little funny line of text that somehow got in there, like "C:/somethingorother/folder/hithere...." <--- Something weird like that... I didn't type it, it just showed up by itself, yet I've done plenty of screen grabs before in posts and that never happened?

Hey, I have that same background you have there Diablo, I've got hundreds of Digital Blasphemy backgrounds, they are the best!

Luv Melinda

Comment

make sure you rename image files to something inconspicuous before you upload them to the boards.
                                    Indeed! I see what you mean...

takochan

Comment

No no.. not what I meant. Somehow something like this ended up in a message by Melinda:

Well look who I just found online and [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MJORDAN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG] *visible* to all..

As you'll know that is the standard Window temp directory every users has. What I do NOT know is what

a) moz-screenshot.jpg IS (filename looks FF specific)
                                      b) what triggers it's creation and pasting into text

The path problem can never occur using ATTACH (paperclip) since those are only filenames, not paths. (possibly to much EXIF info in photo's is another problem, but that's only date/time mostly)

Comment

Aha! Now that Frans has given me the suspect link, I've just done a quick grep on the Mozilla source code base and I'm guessing it looks like Melinda might have copied the image she wanted to link to the Windows clipboard, then tried right-click pasting it into the WYSIWYG composer in vBulletin... does that sound about right?

Comment

Aha! Now that Frans has given me the suspect link, I've just done a quick grep on the Mozilla source code base and I'm guessing it looks like Melinda might have copied the image she wanted to link to the Windows clipboard, then tried right-click pasting it into the WYSIWYG composer in vBulletin... does that sound about right?
                                          Didn't have the source-code handy, so thanks for looking it up From a techy point of view the above sounds likely yeah. So make note NEVER to copy/paste pictures into the editor

That would by the way also indicate that FF uses an internal clipboard system and not the native-OS one? Sorta makes sense I guess, easier to code that way. Windows clipboard would copy the binairy pic I think, ah well.

Just as long as we know how people can avoid it, it's sort of important with the names and such.

Comment

Huh, what did I do? I'm so totally confused!

Luv Melinda

Comment

Edit: This post is intended for Frans and other technical-minded boffins

I can't actually try it out from here, since I'm under Linux, where the clipboard behaves vastly differently - however if you want to look into it further, the reference to moz-screenshot.jpg is in mozilla/editor/libeditor/html/nsHTMLDataTransfer.cpp, line 1424. If you do a search on Google for moz-screenshot.jpg it comes up with a number of scattered hits here and there, but most seem to ignore the reference. There was some talk on Wikipedia about it, but no-one looked into it in detail.

Comment

What the? So..... confused...... think.... I'm...... gunna.... expl *KABOOM, head explodes*

Luv Melinda

Comment

Huh, what did I do? I'm so totally confused!
                                                  Can you remember what you tried to do when you posted the screenshot in this post here?

Comment

Can you remember what you tried to do when you posted the screenshot in this post here.
                                                    The usual Diablo, I don't remember doing anything different to any other time I post pics...

Luv Melinda

Comment

Ah, fagghedibouddit! Let's talk about other stuff...

Comment

Hooray, I stumped Diablo! ... hehe, yeah who cares, the computer is in my bf's name anyways, haha... So now you have totally piqued my curiosity Diablo with your comment in my thread about getting mentioned again in a few days, hmm, I totoally have no idea what that could be for, seems awful quick for my IM or DIM to be released? Hmm, guess I'll just have to be a patient little girl...

Oh and you seriously gave me the best idea for my next milestone... in fact I'm trying to slow my thread down a little bit (hence no post today) so that my individual post count can move closer to 2000... see my plan is to make MY 2000th post and my THREAD'S 3000th post coincide, so that the big celebratory milestone post is both the 2000th and 3000th at the same time! Pretty swishy hey? I think you're gunna like what I've got planned...

Don't forget to keep checking your mailbox at AWHQ for that kiss Diablo too ....

Luv Melinda
                                                        Last edited by Melinda; 27 September 2007, 11:41 AM. Reason: Poo-a-boo... I see you...

Comment

Oh and you seriously gave me the best idea for my next milestone... in fact I'm trying to slow my thread down a little bit (hence no post today) so that my individual post count can move closer to 2000... see my plan is to make MY 2000th post and my THREAD'S 3000th post coincide, so that the big celebratory milestone post is both the 2000th and 3000th at the same time!
                                                          Aha...! Neat idea...

takochan

Comment

Thanks takochan, I thought so too.... hence my recent increase in posts the last couple of days, I don't usually do so many little posts, but have been trying to get my count up as we all know how fast my thread moves, so I gotta hurry!

Luv Melinda

Comment

Oh and you seriously gave me the best idea for my next milestone... in fact I'm trying to slow my thread down a little bit (hence no post today) so that my individual post count can move closer to 2000... see my plan is to make MY 2000th post and my THREAD'S 3000th post coincide, so that the big celebratory milestone post is both the 2000th and 3000th at the same time! Pretty swishy hey? I think you're gunna like what I've got planned...
                                                              Glad to be of help with the ideas! I have no idea what you're going to conjure up, but I think it's going to be a surprise, knowing you. My idea for the texta actually came from Christiana - I made a very lucky fluke guess on her upcoming (at the time) GGT3 partner, and her prize was a photo of my name written on her belly (see if you can find the pic). That in turn was inspired by a much-earlier prize photo of Jamie and Joanna when they staged a "Guess the number of chupa chups in the fish bowl" competition (sadly this image was lost when we transitioned over to the attachment system in vBulletin).

As for timing your 2000th post and 3000th thread post - it can be pretty challenging to do such, unless you've carefully observed posting patterns on these boards. If you've ever seen my 666th post, I had to wait nearly two weeks to get the correct timing for delivery on it... I was very surprised at the amount of suspense the other members were drumming up for it. Having said that, one of our members did discover an interesting hack for getting around the problem of wanting to say something on the eve of your milestone without incrementing your post count - see if you can discover it

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X