AW Coder Diablo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diablo
    I wonder if I can round up my own support group... how about... the Diablonians!
    Sign me up!

Um, provided I don't have to compliment you on your body. Well at least I won't be clamoring for pictures in your thread or asking for an IM vid.

- L

Comment

Originally posted by Bondii
      Make AW.com browseable with my PSP. This really doesn't work too well at the moment, which is a pain when travelling!!
      You might as well port Firefox to the PSP... or lug a laptop around (which is what I'm having to do right now, since my desktop PCs are still boxed up in Perth waiting to be freighted over).

I don't know whether designing an additional PDA site template would ever be useful, as it seems like there's too much useful information to cram on one small screen. If you feel otherwise, I suppose you could tell Abby about your anecdotes, in how useful you find it to browse AW on-the-go.

Comment

When you have done the PSP Diablo, can you get me AW on my watch

Comment

I wonder if I can round up my own support group... how about... the Diablonians!
          Their motto: We're full of Bloni!

Arsby gets into a defensive crouch to ward off the rain of rotten tomatoes, eggs, and other perishables.

Comment

Nah. I'll buy that. I can be full of baloney too, sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by chimmy
              Did you use the slide-rule joke in your interview?
              You really liked that one, didn't you? Sounds like you've got some latent shits-and-giggles still in your system! Permission is granted for you to burst into hysterics, if need be!

Originally posted by chimmy
              I don't envy your poor neck though. I imagine it's whiplash city working at AWHQ.
              There's a reason why Abby gives us swivel chairs

Comment

Hey Diablo...fix thisimg tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9576/diablogh2.jpg

Comment

*not that I really care...just that it's in your realm of power right?

Comment

mothra, didn't you know the new name of the site is abbvwinters.com?

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
                      Catchy isn't it!

Comment

Originally posted by mothra
                        Hey Diablo...fix this
                        1. All queries go to the Technical Support forum (or feedback page)
                        2. Your screen resolution is too small, and the menus are designed to overlap the logo if that is the case.
                        3. Well, it is kinda in my realm of power, but I still follow orders from Abby and Willow

Comment

That was something I did deliberately, back when we only had four menus and were ideally designing for 1280, minimum 1024. I had to have the logo slide behind, otherwise the menus wouldn't fit and would go all askew at narrower widths.

Whenever I do something slightly "controversial" like that, I think "if anyone complains about something so petty, they can go take a long walk off a short pier."

Comment

I'm runnin 1024x768

Like I said, I don't care even 1 iota As long as them fabulous nekid chicks are comming in crystal clear. (priority)

"Abvywinters.com" is good and "erated by gmbill" is just fine by me!
                            I luv short piers BTW. Shorter the better.....

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
                              Dunno about the rest of you, but I rather like that! Heh.

Comment

Where's my decoder ring?

All joking aside, congrats, Diablo.
                                Last edited by waltercp3; 10 August 2006, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Diablo is quite a polite character in person, I should add.

Comment

Originally posted by valerie
                                    Yes hes a good boy, just wait till he gets Melbourneised

Comment

Originally posted by mothra
                                      Hey Diablo...fix thisimg tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9576/diablogh2.jpg
                                      Thats a page design and layout issue, come about by adding stuff on and not redesigning the page, however is it that important other then costmetic

Comment

We're almost due a new re-design anyway. I'll address this issue then, I think. Maybe.

Comment

The Solution !

It goes away if you increase your Screen Resolution to 1280 by 960 pixels ... that's what I did.

TowelBoy

Comment

That's what any normal right-thinking person would do, after all.

Comment

So what codeing have you been doing diablo, I am trying to work out how come you need so many coders

Comment

Originally posted by stoneyyy
                                                So what codeing have you been doing diablo, I am trying to work out how come you need so many coders
                                                *cough* site-split *cough*

Comment

He's actually working on something for the staff to manage our workflow more efficiently, so we can keep track of what's where and who's when.

Comment

A new database maybe ? But sounds more like sheduling.
                                                    c

Comment

Its called the Diablo Planer

Comment

Originally posted by waltercp3
                                                        Where's my decoder ring?
                                                        It was buried somewhere in your happy meal... sometimes those teenage fast-food restaraunt staff, being overworked and underpaid as they are, can't be arsed wrapping up those little fun toys and instead just chuck them in the burgers. You may have eaten it, and might be unable to decode the secret message...

Comment

Originally posted by valerie
                                                          Awwww... thanks! I'd happily vouch that Valerie is also just as friendly in real life; she makes a great conversationalist too, I should add

Comment

Originally posted by waltercp3
                                                            Where's my decoder ring?
                                                            Here ...?
                                                            ... Valerie is also just as friendly in real life; she makes a great conversationalist too, I should add
                                                            That's great, but don't forget you're there to work ... you can talk on your own time

Comment

Indeed Mr Diablo, there is no time for watercooler chat at the office you have a lot of work to do, I will have to have a word in willows ear about your antics

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X