AW Coder Diablo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ham View Post
    From my childhood my feelings are that a good teacher K-6 is a combination of a Mother and a strict 1 st level manager. A damned hard part to play. My condolences to you.
    Condolences to who? Me? lol... none necessary, it is a very rewarding job and is easy for the right type of person... I like to think I'm that type of person, so far so good

Now I just made a sandwich, but something is missing... of course, ham!

Luv Melinda

Comment

Originally posted by Melinda View Post
      Condolences to who? Me? lol... none necessary, it is a very rewarding job and is easy for the right type of person... I like to think I'm that type of person, so far so good
      Milady, I KNOW you are that type of person!

Now I just made a sandwich, but something is missing... of course, ham!
      Droll, Milady, very droll!

hugz to ya... Z

Comment

I spent a numer of years as an instructor. Pretty good at it from reports I've received. However rewarding it did get taxing at times hence the condolence. Droll? Hell no! Can you even imagine my dreams tonight that will include a "sandwich" with Melinda??????

Comment

...Droll? Hell no! Can you even imagine my dreams tonight that will include a "sandwich" with Melinda??????
          ...and you getting eaten too ham!

mmm, ham...

Luv Melinda

Comment

Wow this thread has gone quiet! Where is my favourite coder?

Just wanted to pop in and say hi Diablo and see how you're doing and whatcha been up to

Luv Melinda
            Sorry, I had decided to take some time out from the boards, since I had been flat out with work and under stress... but I've now had to deal with a series of distressing events that has practically ruined my christmas holiday break

Thanks for your interest anyways...

Comment

Well, I don't know if I can speak for myself, but I guess I should wish you all a Merry Christmas, and hope you all have a wonderful time.

BTW: Ham, where does your name come from? Anything to do with Ham Radio by any chance?

Comment

I'm kinda hoping ham has a pork fetish.
                I hope your life get's back on track soon Diablo and the that the Bad News Fairies find someone else to crap on. Take care.

Comment

Diablo,
                  Dude, sorry to hear things aren't going so swimmingly of late. Perhaps a few "random" clicks on XKCD will at least bring a smile to ya. I know it works for me. I'll save a bit of Christmas for you, for later, if you want?

Z aka code monkey

Comment

Hey Diablo ... maybe if you had chosen a name that represents something other than The AntiChrist you would be having a better Christmas ...

But in all seriousness, I hope things get better for you soon

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
                      Well, I don't know if I can speak for myself, but I guess I should wish you all a Merry Christmas, and hope you all have a wonderful time.

BTW: Ham, where does your name come from? Anything to do with Ham Radio by any chance?
                      Sure does! Got my first ticket at age thirteen. My Dad originally had a two letter call.

Comment

To all Diablonians (and AbbyWinterians), hope you have a...

Happy New Year!

I'm about to head off to my festivities for the night, which have taxed my credit card a fair bit, but I hope the fun will be worth it. Hope your celebrations are memorable and pleasant too...

Comment

Sure does! Got my first ticket at age thirteen. My Dad originally had a two letter call.
                          Is that the "CQ" guy everybody seems to want to talk to???

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
                            Sorry, I had decided to take some time out from the boards, since I had been flat out with work and under stress... but I've now had to deal with a series of distressing events that has practically ruined my christmas holiday break

Thanks for your interest anyways...
                            I'm very sorry to hear that Diablo.... *gives Diablo a hug*

Well I hope you still had a reasonable Xmas and a great New Years.... all the best my friend, may 2008 be the best year yet for you!

Luv Melinda

Comment

It was funny to look up on NYE and see Diablo standing there. Very sorry to hear the sad news. I hope things turn around for you. At least its a new year and take it as a chance to to start a fresh and begin again. i know its easier said than done but you know ive had the exact same experience.

keep truckin'

Comment

diablo!

i heard from a certain irish pixie that you were one of the people/angels who helped me get to las vegas and attend the AEE. my thanks and gratitude pour all over you. you are wonderful, ya hyah? WONDERFUL.

i am so sorry the Blackbird of Odious Poop has done it to you. go forth, my friend, and do what needs to be done. then maybe come back??

'blackbird singing in the dead of night...KAPOW!'

take care of you and again: thank you.

kisses and hugs and licks. (now, go slosh off with alcohol. i have the AEE crud.)

dancer

the grateful, the humble, the snotty.

Comment

Originally posted by wannadance View Post
                                  i heard from a certain irish pixie that you were one of the people/angels who helped me get to las vegas and attend the AEE. my thanks and gratitude pour all over you. you are wonderful, ya hyah? WONDERFUL.

i am so sorry the Blackbird of Odious Poop has done it to you. go forth, my friend, and do what needs to be done. then maybe come back??

'blackbird singing in the dead of night...KAPOW!'

take care of you and again: thank you.

kisses and hugs and licks. (now, go slosh off with alcohol. i have the AEE crud.)

dancer

the grateful, the humble, the snotty.

Id like to mention I actually first brought up getting you there! Not to take all the credit or anything but it was my suggestion xxxxx

Comment

Althea!!

aha! the truth comes out, bit by bit!

thank you SO MUCH for your loving thoughtfulness and great ideas, dear heart. it was the peak experience of a lifetime and i shall remember it and you with love and gratitude!

mwah mwah SMAKity slurp....

dancer
                                    the happy, the complimented, the snotty

Comment

Thanks for your consolations and well-wishes, I'm feeling slightly better, although still not as happy as I used to be.

Althea: I may have mentioned to you in person (can't remember for sure), but it was certainly a very pleasant surprise to see you on NYE. Even though you had to work, it was a bit reassuring you had some dough to last you through. Wish I could catch up with you again sometime - I certainly enjoyed NYE, and I hope you got the most out of it. And to hear that you've landed a new job shortly after - that's incredible, and I'm glad to hear you're much happier now. And was it really you that originally thought of bring WD to Vegas? You have heart, girl!

wannadance: Ah, so the little green man told you! Ever since first hearing about you on the boards, it really won my sympathy - it's so unfair how your health has taken a nosedive, and judging by the quality of your character and personality, you clearly don't deserve this. I figured, if there's any way we could cheer you up, the best we could do is send you over to Vegas to meet those girls that you've grown to know - and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the experience.

Sorry to hear that you're under the weather again, my thoughts are with you in hoping for your speedy recovery.

Comment

I don't know how I missed this post. I beat you by one year Ham, I got my license when I was 12! I haven't been active in it for a number of years now,though....ever since my tri-bander three element beam was destroyed in an ice storm, and my 35 foot tower was hit by a tornado and fell down. I did manage to salvage my Ham-IV rotor though. Nice to know there's another Ham on the boards.

_ _ ... ..._ _

Dekoda

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                                          Diablo, coder, is moving on to pursue software engineering, instead of that pesky web dev stuff (his last day is next week). In his time here, he designed and implemented an internal database system called PPCMS, for managing shoots path through the post production process. It's used every day by dozens of people and is absolutely mission-critical to the running of the site. It has never once faulted, and that's testament to his keen eye, planning skills, and coding ability.
                                          Best of luck wherever life takes you. Whenever I see an IT/web/coder team - such as the one from AW in the staff video - they always look like they feel undervalued and overworked. I always sympathize. Some very high praise there from management, obviously deserving.

Comment

Hi Diablo, just read you're leaving to go back to school. You did start a study as software engineer already prior to joining AW I think? Should be fun to get told how to do stuff in theory when you got practical experience already Can be confusing as well though, some teachers want theoretical answers.

Having written a system that never failed during the year or so it has been running, is quite impressive I must say. you ought to go work for NASA, I'm told they're looking for programmers for their Mars mission

Best of luck wherever you go, you're already a good programmer... now go get the paper to proof it

Comment

Hey Diablo ... I haven't been as active on the site as I used to be, but hearing this news of your moving on is both good and bad: good because it seems you're moving on to bigger and better things, bad because it is likely we'll fall further out of touch ... Not that any online friendships can ever be considered being "in touch"

Best of luck to you in your future You've obviously done good work here at AW and I'm sure you'll go on to do great things

Comment

Yep, good luck Diablo!

Comment

Good luck Diablo and thanks for all your support.

Comment

Well, as I say on these occasions, congratulations and dammit! I am certain you'll make a great contribution wherever you go, but will miss your good-natured humor and your hand-drawn messages. Remember you can still lurk and post...

Comment

Hey Diablo,

Your baby PPCMS is an excellent system.
                                                      I'm one of those who use it every day and I'm impressed by how smooth it works.

I wish you all the luck for your future. I'm sad to see you going.

Lxm

Comment

Best of luck with your future choices Diablo, thanks for hanging with us for a while...

Comment

Diablo,
                                                          We've only had chance to converse a few times. However, I wish you all the very best in your future endeavors. From what I'm reading, it sounds like you leave AW with a very positive and lasting legacy in the PPCMS system.

Take Care!!!

Z

Comment

Diablo: I wanted to take a moment to remember the great writing you did when you were filling in on the main page, how you took on that challenge and gave well over 100% to it. You are a good programmer and a good communicator as well, a rare and valuable combination. Good luck in all that you do.

Comment

Originally posted by MightySpork View Post
                                                              Diablo: I wanted to take a moment to remember the great writing you did when you were filling in on the main page, how you took on that challenge and gave well over 100% to it. You are a good programmer and a good communicator as well, a rare and valuable combination. Good luck in all that you do.
                                                              I totally agree with every word of the above. You're a great guy with a lovely personality and great talent, and I'm sure you will succeed in your future endeavours. Onward and upward, mate — but we really will miss you, so please stay in touch.

All the best

takochan

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X