Testing picture posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rickdownunder View Post
    However I think that's pretty incredible when I have paid over $100 AU that we can't have a sig.
    1) I somehow have a doubt that you have paid over $100 AU only for participating at the boards.
    2) I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.

Thanks for your understanding Rockunderdawn.

Lxm

Comment

However I think that's pretty incredible when I have paid over $100 AU that we can't have a sig.
      You can't have PM's either.

Or Avatars.

Comment

yeah, thanks Lixmom.
        Still this HAS to be the most creative miss-spelling of your name Lux

Btw. you CAN have avatars alexbee, you got to be female, happy, healthy and such though... hehe.

Comment

Hi Abs and Garion! I wanted to mention that what you're trying to do in the "colours in images" thread could be done with a program by Digital Light and Color called Color Mechanic Pro. It can be found here http://www.dl-c.com/content/view/16/30/ It's a PhotoShop plugin that can change certain colors in a picture without affecting other colors. Here are two pictures, the top one is before and the second one is after. You'll note that I changed the green of the leaves without affecting the red flower of the little yellow flower in the background.

It says that the plugin works with Paintshop Pro, but only the Jasc versions, not the newer Corel versions, so I don't know if it would work with your version. It's simple to use and it's fast. Anyway, I just wanted you to know about it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dekoda View Post
            Hi Abs and Garion! I wanted to mention that what you're trying to do in the "colours in images" thread could be done with a program by Digital Light and Color called Color Mechanic Pro. It can be found here http://www.dl-c.com/content/view/16/30/ It's a PhotoShop plugin that can change certain colors in a picture without affecting other colors. Here are two pictures, the top one is before and the second one is after. You'll note that I changed the green of the leaves without affecting the red flower of the little yellow flower in the background.

It says that the plugin works with Paintshop Pro, but only the Jasc versions, not the newer Corel versions, so I don't know if it would work with your version. It's simple to use and it's fast. Anyway, I just wanted you to know about it.
            I would say that the flower is actually a little less red in the second pic...

Comment

I forgot to mention in the above post that the reason I suggested Color Mechanic Pro was because of what Garion said in his post in the Coulors In Images thread:

Originally posted by garionhall View Post

We have a reviewing session once a week, where we review his work, and make tweaks. Often, it's a trade-off - we can make a model's hair look amazing, and sacrifice the lush green background, or vice-versa.
              With Color Mechanic Pro, there is no trade off, you can increase the model's hair without affecting the background color, increase the background color without affecting the model's hair, or increase both colors with little or no affect to the other.

I used the flower picture above because it's all I had. I wanted to use the Ursula picture that Garion posted in his thread to show you what could be done with Color Mechanic Pro, but I didn't want to violate the AW rules by altering an AW copyrighted picture, so I used the flower picture instead.

Comment

My Pride And Joy....

Attached Files

Comment

cute

What are you testing anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                    cute

What are you testing anyway?
                    This was a link to a post in really really mundane. I thought that the picture should be posted in the picture posting thread as opposed to just testing, since it was a picture. It's supposed to be humorous. I hope I didn't post this in the wrong place. Should I have posted this in a different thread? Sorry if I screwed up. I thought I was doing this right.

Comment

You can post pics in any post you want really, no need to post them seperately here. I did see the post in MC yeah, you can just attach the picture there if you WANT. I figured pointing people here was part of the joke

Comment

You can post pics in any post you want really, no need to post them seperately here. I did see the post in MC yeah, you can just attach the picture there if you WANT. I figured pointing people here was part of the joke
                        Yes, it was. If I posted the picture there, they would have seen it before they read the post. Posting it here makes them read the post, then move here to see the picture.

Comment

Nice, Dekoda. You actually had me going for about 1/2 a second.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod2 View Post
                            Nice, Dekoda. You actually had me going for about 1/2 a second.
                            I had another one, but I couldn't find it. I won't say what it was....just in case I do find it.

Comment

Just playing around. I wanted to see what the background would look like with this cheesy looking logo attempt.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Mercedes-Benz logo comes to mind

Comment

Just playing around. I wanted to see what the background would look like with this cheesy looking logo attempt.
                                  Hey, Dekoda, remind me how to do the transparent part.

Comment

Originally posted by arsby View Post
                                    Hey, Dekoda, remind me how to do the transparent part.
                                    Actually, the background in that picture isn't transparent, it's the same color as the blue background of the page. To make a transparent background, you can create a new document in Photoshop, and select transparent for it's color. The thing is, the background may not display as transparent in a different application, so you'd need to try it in the application you wanted to use it in to see how it reacts.

Comment

Mercedes-Benz logo comes to mind
                                      ...or Volkswagen.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman View Post
                                        ...or Volkswagen.

Lxm
                                        Ah.. yeah Mercedes better not be told I mixed up their logo with VW, heh..

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman View Post
                                          ...or Volkswagen.

Lxm
                                          Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. The letters needed to be a little softer somehow, but then they wouldn't have fit in the circle. Well, it looked cheesy when I made it, but I wanted to see if the blue background disappeared when it was posted here, which it did.

Comment

Test attachments. Click image for larger version

Name:	announcer.gif
Views:	2
Size:	510 Bytes
ID:	621430

Comment

Originally posted by Slurpo View Post
                                              Test attachments. [ATTACH]9754[/ATTACH]
                                              As you've seen images ONLY work as attachments here. [IMG] links have been disabled.

You can edit your own posts up to 24 hours after posting btw, so you can fix images and such

Comment

Mebbe you could try sliding the "A" down until it was nestled directly in the "groin" of the "W", or even better yet, exactly overlapping the inside legs of the "W".

Let me scribble on the screen for a second and show you what I mean......

Comment

As long as we're experimenting with AW logos, allow me to submit this for your consideration. (from my post in Marigold's thread)

Comment

Originally posted by MightySpork View Post
                                                    As long as we're experimenting with AW logos, allow me to submit this for your consideration. (from my post in Marigold's thread)
                                                    Cue the horrible rap music I suppose ?? Check it out, check it out... uhuh...

Or is it a secret handshake I wonder..hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by alexbee View Post
                                                      Mebbe you could try sliding the "A" down until it was nestled directly in the "groin" of the "W", or even better yet, exactly overlapping the inside legs of the "W".
                                                      You mean like this?
                                                      Attached Files

Comment

Or this?
                                                        Attached Files

Comment

Hm, don't like either, but that's no comment on your skills.

Maybe if the A was lower so it was inside the bottom legs of the W?

Serendipitously, it would look like Abby (A) was wearing a crown (W) (my imagination runs rampant yet again!)

Comment

Originally posted by alexbee View Post
                                                            Hm, don't like either, but that's no comment on your skills.

Maybe if the A was lower so it was inside the bottom legs of the W?

Serendipitously, it would look like Abby (A) was wearing a crown (W) (my imagination runs rampant yet again!)
                                                            You mean like this?
                                                            Attached Files

Comment

Getting away from the Trebuchet and going with the Seabird Heavy SF,(which I use a lot), you can get something like this:
                                                              Attached Files

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X