Testing picture posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laktor View Post
    testing...how about this size? It should be 800 x 533.
    Yep it is, works fine.

Comment

Laktor has cracked it.
      Brilliant!
      Can I go back to sleep now please?

L

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
        Laktor has cracked it.
        Brilliant!
        Can I go back to sleep now please?
        Surely the pubs are still open over there? Unless it's raining as annoyingly as it is over here though, that's no fun.

Comment

Two errors there laktor:

1. You can NOT drag or copy/paste pictures into a message or reply
          2. You can NOT use the [img] tag, you must always us the attach function (paperclip)

Comment

Testing

Testing testing
            Attached Files

Comment

Yep, works I prefer including the pics inside the message, but this works as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                I prefer including the pics inside the message
                And I would like to be able to do that! I saw your reply to laktor, but I was not able to follow it. Would it be possible to go through the steps in more detail? Or tell me where such an instruction can be found? It would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by yoledey View Post
                  Or tell me where such an instruction can be found? It would be very much appreciated.
                  Steps are here: http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?...ageAttachments

Comment

Oh, thanks, and please accept my apology for not reading the FAQ carefully enough. Now let's see if I can do it.

Before Ali

Click image for larger version

Name:	ali_macgraw.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	623629

After Ali

Comment

Hey toeluvr, IMG doesn't work here. Read http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?...ageAttachments for details on how to post pics.

Comment

Yeah I see that now. It's kind of confusing though since the instructions on how to use the [img] tag are in the FAQ. I can't seem to link an image from this site into my attachments though. It always comes up invalid url when i try to upload it.

Comment

Originally posted by toeluvr View Post
                          Yeah I see that now. It's kind of confusing though since the instructions on how to use the [img] tag are in the FAQ. I can't seem to link an image from this site into my attachments though. It always comes up invalid url when i try to upload it.
                          I can't find a reference to IMG in our posting images FAQ ? Where did you read to use the IMG tag?

Could you paste an url in a reply here which you try to upload?

Btw. you shouldn't upload fullsize pictures (either directly or via link-upload) because those are usually to big for the forum. It's best to post a link to them. In case of a pic from a still set it is preferable to post a link to the page with the pic on it, usually that's something like this: http://abbywinters.com/main.php?page...x=XX&shoot=YYY .

Comment

I can't find a reference to IMG in our posting images FAQ ? Where did you read to use the IMG tag?

Could you paste an url in a reply here which you try to upload?

Btw. you shouldn't upload fullsize pictures (either directly or via link-upload) because those are usually to big for the forum. It's best to post a link to them. In case of a pic from a still set it is preferable to post a link to the page with the pic on it, usually that's something like this: http://abbywinters.com/main.php?page...x=XX&shoot=YYY .
                            http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle..._special_codes The first answer.

http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle....php?do=bbcode It does say that the codes are only available on a forum by forum basis though.

That may be why it comes up invalid because it's too large. I'll post the links instead. Thanks.

Comment

Hey toeluvr, IMG doesn't work here. Read http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?...ageAttachments for details on how to post pics.
                              Yeah, I still don't understand why the IMG facility was removed except of course that historically aw.com, due to its' acute paranoia, has disabled/removed from the boards virtually every facility available. I think you mentioned that the IMG facility gave rise to an exploit though I have not come across this elsewhere. Has IMG been used nefariously on these boards?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Roops View Post
                                I think you mentioned that the IMG facility gave rise to an exploit though I have not come across this elsewhere. Has IMG been used nefariously on these boards?
                                We've had some IMG posted which linked to a website which asked for a username/password (for aw.com) yeah. The trouble with IMG is that it links outside our control and that potentially exposes all forum-readers to such phishing attempts. IMG links are always loaded when a page loads, the reader doesn't need to actively click on them.

Currently the IMG links do actually work, but the images don't display inline (you need to click on them). There is no way to be sure a link ending on say .jpg actually DOES point to a jpeg image btw.

Example IMG link which gets converted to a regular url link:

img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulletin/cms/abby/pages/images/titles/v/1127900610/menu_include_body.title.gif

Comment

We've had some IMG posted which linked to a website which asked for a username/password (for aw.com) yeah. The trouble with IMG is that it links outside our control and that potentially exposes all forum-readers to such phishing attempts. IMG links are always loaded when a page loads, the reader doesn't need to actively click on them.
                                  But that's the point of IMG. The punter views an in-line image and is not required to click on anything - or am i missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Roops View Post
                                    But that's the point of IMG. The punter views an in-line image and is not required to click on anything - or am i missing something?
                                    The trouble is if that IMG link points to a website which puts up a username/password box (with of course neatly 'abbywinters.com' in the title). You then have an AW-forum page which suddenly ask you for your username and password. That is the risk and reason why we disabled such form of linking.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                    Working...
                                    X