No announcement yet.

The Althea Files!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I am a bit late, but good to hear that your test only showed signs of infection. I had a similar scare with a stomach ulcer a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
      Your doctor results sound fairly good. No cancer, identified problem, can be cured with medication. Will prolly fix your tiredness too. Pretty good day I'd say

If it's not your kinda job it just isn't. I doubt you'll suddenly like that job when you're back to normal health. You ARE going to that job interview on monday right??

Have a nice loooong and restfull weekend!
      I'm DEFINATELY going to the interview monday!!

Comment

Originally posted by casgrain View Post
        Glad to hear that the results is not as bad as you thought they were and if medication is going to cure it, than the better it is. I think you had your fair share of bad luck thus far.

As far as the work goes, well if you can't be happy with what your doing or expected to do, perhaps it's better to for forward and look for something else. Life is just so long, so make the better of it. This is what I think for what it's worth.
        my thoughts exactly why remain in a hellish job i loathe and i certainly couldnt have seen myself there any longer than 6 months at the mot if that. And you're right life is a ling time to be doing something that you hate

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
          Oh Althea, I was worried after reading your previous post. Sorry to hear about the health problems, but glad it's nothing that some doctor's prescription can take care of. Not sure if you should leave the job, at least not until you have another possibility. It wasn't pleasant reading about your financial problems earlier on so you don't want that again.

Have you seen Carnivale before? I quite enjoyed it.
          Yeh i saw the first season but i missed a few episodes here and there so now im catching up. im getting a little confused though/

Comment

Today I got a new underwear set, a haircut and the joy division inspired dvd Control. Last time i'll be indulging in a while.
            Attached Files

Comment

Oh, your third picture is one of your best! Very sexy.
              Keep plugging, we're pulling for you.

Comment

I made two special Althea Posters for all my lovely abby fans but unfortunately I wasn't able to post those links here. But never fear my friends & fans

Oh, and everyone should go watch Anton Corbijn's CONTROL. I've been having a never-ending Joy Division revival for the past few days. Strangely, I identify with frontman Ian Curtis quite alot.

x

Comment

Althea do your Mac have Photo Booth ?

If so open up Photo Booth, and in the Menu Bar click Edit and uncheck "Auto Flip Photo". Maybe that could help to reverse your beautiful pictures

yusa

Comment

Oh, I see Samantha Morton is in that movie. I think she has the most expressive face and she's excellent actress.

Comment

Here you go
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dreammaker182 View Post
                        Here you go

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
                          Althea do your Mac have Photo Booth ?

If so open up Photo Booth, and in the Menu Bar click Edit and uncheck "Auto Flip Photo". Maybe that could help to reverse your beautiful pictures

yusa

Thanks for the tip!! Sometimes I am a bit daft like that

Comment

sometimes things look better in black and white
                            Attached Files

Comment

Check out my b&w noodies people! if you dont comment ill get a complex ahahah
                              It's 12:30am here and I should be in bed but I can't sleep. I have my meeting at work tomorrow, still not sure whats going to happen but money is getting scarcely thin. We shall see I guess. Im drinking chocolate soy milk, I'm hoping it will make me sleepy. Even though that milk trick has never worked for me. I'm without my gorgeous gal pal Julietta this week who is spending the weekend up in Sydney with Violet. SO I'm bored! I want her back. haha. She'll be back this week sometime though. She's become one friend I always see and cant seem to be without. I promise to snag more pics for you guys when we hang out next.
                              Poor Bowie has a really bad ear infection and he shakes his little head and when he tries to scratch it he makes a crying noise I've been getting the gunk out and massaging his little ear but its still getting worse. I can't afford to take him to the vet. Does anyone have any tips on anything that will help him? He keeps making this sighing noise at me right now. He is very jealous of the computer. And when hes really jealous he runs over the keyboard haha. I love my brat.

Okay we are off to bed..xxx
                              Attached Files

Comment

n'aawww pooor Bowie. My friend is a vet nurse, i'll ask her if theres anything u can do for him.

Comment

Nice pîcs Althea, even in black & white color. BTW is there any place on your body that isn't tattooed?

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                                    n'aawww pooor Bowie. My friend is a vet nurse, i'll ask her if theres anything u can do for him.
                                    that would be awesome! its so gross and im scared its gonna cause permanent damage or something
                                    xx

Comment

Originally posted by casgrain View Post
                                      Nice pîcs Althea, even in black & white color. BTW is there any place on your body that isn't tattooed?
                                      ahahh sure is. I'll list them for you lol
                                      right forearm, left forearm, left thigh, backs of my thighs, left inside leg, right outside leg, back, neck, stomach, bum, vagina, knuckles, hands, left ankle, fingers, right side ribs, chest.

ahaha but dont worry im not going to get all that tattooed. Im working on my right arm and back in the neat future. and getting the colour put in my tatt on my left ribcage.

Comment

You had a job-interview yesterday (monday) right? How did that go?

Comment

Nice pics there Althea! As always, you look fantastic! As for Bowie, are you sure it's an ear infection? When my dog had those symptoms, it was due to ear mites. They only cure for that is ear drops that killed the mites. Maybe Cleo's friend can offer more help.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                                            You had a job-interview yesterday (monday) right? How did that go?
                                            It was a difficult one. Lots of other applicants with loads more experience so not too sure yet

Comment

Originally posted by Dekoda View Post
                                              Nice pics there Althea! As always, you look fantastic! As for Bowie, are you sure it's an ear infection? When my dog had those symptoms, it was due to ear mites. They only cure for that is ear drops that killed the mites. Maybe Cleo's friend can offer more help.
                                              I looked it up n the net and it can be caused by ear mites.
                                              i just want him to be better and it not cost a zilion dollars just to get him loooked out and then the medicine!

Comment

Originally posted by Althea View Post
                                                It was a difficult one. Lots of other applicants with loads more experience so not too sure yet
                                                I such situations remember that too much experience can also sometimes be too expensive for the employer. Always look on the bright side!

Comment

I looked it up n the net and it can be caused by ear mites.
                                                  i just want him to be better and it not cost a zilion dollars just to get him loooked out and then the medicine!
                                                  Any way you can get in touch with Julia_B??? She's a vet isn't she? Maybe AWHQ could hook you two up...

Spoke briefly to my daughter (vet tech) and she said Bowie might just need a good ear cleaning. You could pick up some fluid from just about any pet shop I think and give him a good wash.
                                                  Last edited by alexbee; 20 May 2008, 04:22 PM. Reason: second thoughts

Comment

So I thought things couldn't get worse..Well I opened my letterbox today to find a letter from my doctors surgery saying the rest of my results had come in and he urgently needed to speak to me in person in regards to the result. I wont go into what it is just yet but I will say it is not good. And to find this out on top of everything else going on and that I've found out I am completely gutted. The surgery booked me in immediately at 8:50 am tomorrow morning. please send positive thoughts my way cause im running though on them myself
                                                    xx

Comment

Althea, i feel for you. Remember do always get a second opinion.
                                                      Last edited by guyfromabroad; 20 May 2008, 04:28 PM.

Comment

So I thought things couldn't get worse..Well I opened my letterbox today to find a letter from my doctors surgery saying the rest of my results had come in and he urgently needed to speak to me in person in regards to the result. I wont go into what it is just yet but I will say it is not good. And to find this out on top of everything else going on and that I've found out I am completely gutted. The surgery booked me in immediately at 8:50 am tomorrow morning. please send positive thoughts my way cause im running though on them myself
                                                        xx
                                                        Oh Althea you poor chook, my heart goes out to you. Although, if it was really urgent the doc would have called you instead of sending a letter, no?

As soon as I can calculate the time difference I'll make sure I'm sending mucho mojo your way at 8:50 Aus.

Please keep your spirits up, I'm sure the surgery will work out fine and you'll be right as rain in no time.

Lots of hugs, kisses and love to you.

Comment

Awww.. poor Althea, life ain't much fun at the moment for you is it? How long do you have to stay at the hospital? Hopefully you'll feel MUCH better after surgery, surely it has to be good for something. Must have been a shock to get a letter like that, bit unreal to be scheduled for surgery the next day already huh?

With any luck this will cure your pattern of getting sick so frequently.

I wish you all the best, may you recover nicely and speedily Here's a smallish guardian angel for ya, to cheer you up a bit;

Click image for larger version

Name:	tiny_cat.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	622740

p.s. Alex, Melbourne is at GMT+9 at the moment.

Comment

Keep faith, hings happen for a reason although mostly unknown. I'll have a prayer for you and my thoughts are with you. Let us know how it went.

Comment

I send you loads of positive thoughts

You sure know that there's lots of people who love you.

yusa

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X