Tips and tricks using AW....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frans View Post
    Doubtfull. If you open two or more pictures from a still set, do you end up with 2 or more new windows? Unless your Mac is the new mindreader model ?
    Well, with every click on a thumbnail I get a new window with the picture in it.

If I click 10 times, I get 10 new windows.

Mac!

[ATTACH]18058[/ATTACH]

Lxm

Comment

Hmm.. interesting.. so members wanting that should simply migrate to Mac ?

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
        Pinkeyes, Lesley's advice doesn't probably help, at least it doesn't work for me.

I like to go through the sets same way as you but now I have to press shift when I click (no need to double click ) and then the picture opens up in a new page.

I hope this helps you.

yusa
        Thanks Yusa.... worked like a charm.... and thank God for that... thought I might need to buy a MAC for a while there.

Thanks everyone.....

Comment

If you use IE8 (or Firefox) and click the pictures (or links) with a scroll wheel it opens picture in a new tab. Probably works same way when pressing middle button.

Comment

Thinking about this:
            I have the Tab Mix Plus addon installed.
            I can set how links behave when clicked.
            So I am totally non standard here in the setup.

L

Comment

Is there a way to combine 2 or 3 parts of a file into one?? - (mpg - wmv)

ie g_anabela_silvievid1 and 2
              Last edited by andresone; 25 April 2009, 08:54 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by andresone View Post
                Is there a way to combine 2 or 3 parts of a file into one?? - (mpg - wmv)
                MPG is in the FAQ: http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?...d=HowJoinMpegs

There is some freeware like asfbin to join wmv files (without re-encoding). It's a commandline tool though, so you have to know how to use that in windows. (syntax is something like: asfbin.exe -i file1.wmv -i file2.wmv -o output.wmv)

Comment

Viewing Video's on an iPhone or iPod Touch

When you download a video, it's not directly possible to view them directly on your iPhone because even the MP4 files are not compatible (the iPhone does not understand how to play them) yet.
                  Who know with the newer CMS software we even get more download options?

But you can convert them. There are several pieces of software, some free, some paid. I tried a lot of them and settled with Xilsoft's iPhone Video Converter at http://www.xilisoft.com/iphone-video-converter.html
                  You can try the program in a limited way for free and if satisfied buy it to get the full experience (US$ 30).

Transcoding/converting the video takes a lot of time (even on fast PC's).
                  When downloading the video, i would advise using the MP4 version if possible, this newer kind of codec has superior quality given the downloadsize. Most of the time you can find 2 versions, a LQ MP4 and a HQ MP4.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	chahna.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	629355

You should decide of you want a fast conversion or a brilliant video quality.
                  Use the LQ version if you want a faster conversion, these video's are smaller in downloadsize and smaller in picture size (around 512x288). Because the iPhone/Touch screen has a resolution of 480x320 you wil not get the most of the screen, but it will be quite satisfactory.

If you want the best quality and can invest the time by all means go for the HQ version. They're larger to download, but have a resolution of 1024*576 pixels.
                  The software will not only convert but also resize the video. It does this by resampling (avering many pixels) so the image quality will be quite good and you will use the most of the vertical resolution of your iPhone.

I use the following settings which won't produce the smallest files, but they are gorgeous to look at.

Name:	xilsoft_phone_video_converter.jpg
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	629356

Drag the converted file to iTunes and synchronize.
                  With a good headphone you can watch your very own Abby girl from the comfort of your bed
                  Last edited by Ferveo; 13 May 2009, 08:12 PM. Reason: Small corrections

Comment

When looking at the video gallery from the drop down menu, is there a quick way to go back to the very earliest videos? There's something like 125 pages, starting from the most recent videos, and it takes so long to go back page by page. Thanks
                    Last edited by laktor; 16 August 2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                      When looking at the video gallery from the drop down menu, is there a quick way to go back to the very earliest videos. There's something like 125 pages, starting from the most recent videos, and it takes so long to go back page by page. Thanks
                      Hmm.. no there appears to be no option to reverse sort that particular gallery. You might want to see a request via the Feedback page to have it added.

Comment

Hi there, maybe this is in the wrong thread, I apologise if it is or if I appear to be a dumbo.

If I want to quote only part of a previous posting in my new posting because for instance, the previous posting was a very long posting and therefore takes up a lot of space, how do I go about it? I know that I can put quotes around highlighted text but do I delete all the text in the quote just leaving the text I want and then put quotes around that? Obviosly the person who did the posting has to be identified with a unique ref number so that has to be included.

Sorry if I have missed out on the obvious, so please be gentle with me

Broadsman

Comment

If you want to keep the quoted text within one set of quotes then all you'd do is highlight the lines of text you wish to cut out then delete, leaving the desired quoted text, with the original text brackets and ID number intact.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hi Wolfie

Thanks for your quick and helpful response to my query. Much appreciated and have a good day

Broadsman

Comment

I'd like to know how to have text both above and below an attached picture in a posting. Easy enought I can attach a photo but how do I put text below a picture instead of just at the top?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
                                I'd like to know how to have text both above and below an attached picture in a posting. Easy enought I can attach a photo but how do I put text below a picture instead of just at the top?
                                Insert the picture into the text after uploading it, using the paperclip again. Then you get a code like <attach>999</attach> in your message and you can place text around that.

Comment

Okay, it worked. I also have to have the different items on three separate lines.
                                  I.E.

'line of above text'
                                  [attachment]CODE[/attach]
                                  'line of below text'

Thanks, Frans.

Comment

Why is it that as soon as I login to the forums the models' thumbnail avatar images promptly disappear and refuse to reappear until I use the forums in 'logged out mode'? It's really annoying and unless it's Firefox thing I can't see any practical application for the feature which prob means I'm missing something obvious. Someone, anyone, please help!

Comment

Originally posted by bellmont View Post
                                      Why is it that as soon as I login to the forums the models' thumbnail avatar images promptly disappear and refuse to reappear until I use the forums in 'logged out mode'? It's really annoying and unless it's Firefox thing I can't see any practical application for the feature which prob means I'm missing something obvious. Someone, anyone, please help!

Go here: http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle...do=editoptions

Make sure "Show Avatars" (down the page) is checked ON

Same for "Show Images"

Scroll further down and press 'Save Changes'

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post

Make sure "Show Avatars" (down the page) is checked ON
                                        '

"Show Avatars" - how did I miss that? Thanks Frans.

Comment

I noticed recently that the Live Support button on the Feedback page has been showing 'Currently Offline' virtually whenever I see it.

Name:	Livesupport.gif
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	636149 Not that I haven't had any need for live support, I'm concerned that the Live Support may not be available to everyone here should there be an actual need for live support. What's been happening with that, and what general hours are best for folks to check in with the Live Support feature should there be a need?

Comment

The live support is available to everyone.
                                            Because of a limited number of support people and the time zones there's no possibility for 24/24 support.
                                            I always had a CS member online when I needed one.

I don't know when is the best time to catch someone, but you can leave a message anytime, it will be treated as soon as there's a CS guy available.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman View Post
                                              The live support is available to everyone.
                                              Because of a limited number of support people and the time zones there's no possibility for 24/24 support.
                                              I always had a CS member online when I needed one.

I don't know when is the best time to catch someone, but you can leave a message anytime, it will be treated as soon as there's a CS guy available.

Lxm
                                              Thanks, Lux.

I just checked the page for grins and I see that it's Online now.

Comment

Live Support should have shown as active most of today, 11 November.

The 'Customer Support' staff mostly work from home, and we do 'other work' unrelated to AW. I am a graphic designer so I get busy doing that stuff. I tend to log out of LS when the 'phone rings, I answer the door, go to lunch, go to the bathroom ... You get the idea.

The main 'problem' with LS is that we only get a short time to answer, and it looks bad if we get a call and don't reply, so the thinking is it's better to be showing offline rather than a member get a failed call.

If we are offline then send an email, we check for the emails continuously all day, you should get a reply very quickly, often in a few minutes.

L
                                                Last edited by Lesley; 11 November 2009, 03:18 PM. Reason: Typo!

Comment

S.O.S
                                                  Can someone please help this middle-aged guy who is a newbie to the Computer and AW's (since August).
                                                  My "CAULIFLOWER LAPSE OF THE BRAIN SYNDROME"prevents me from getting this to work.when I click on;
                                                  See Blossom HERE

It will not make the link connection.Which step is missing...?
                                                  Frans if you're reading this;Thank you for getting me this far,but like it says in the quote above"C.L.O.T.B.S"

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunray View Post
                                                    S.O.S
                                                    Can someone please help this middle-aged guy who is a newbie to the Computer and AW's (since August).
                                                    My "CAULIFLOWER LAPSE OF THE BRAIN SYNDROME"prevents me from getting this to work.when I click on;
                                                    See Blossom HERE

It will not make the link connection.Which step is missing...?
                                                    Frans if you're reading this;Thank you for getting me this far,but like it says in the quote above"C.L.O.T.B.S"
                                                    TJ, you have "http" in the link twice....

Comment

True, there is a http// too much in there. That does make me wonder how you made that link. All it should involve is

a) press the globe button
                                                      b) in the resulting popup-box paste or type the link you want
                                                      c) press OK in the popup box
                                                      d) now type the text you want to appear with the link

Comment

FINALLY!! THANK YOU ALL

here

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunray View Post
                                                          FINALLY!! THANK YOU ALL
                                                          Yo! Well done.

L

Comment

Yes, when I Pasted the "copy shortcut -http-"(which was on my desktop )in the globe icon it gave me the "http"twice.I just assumed that is the way it's supposed to be.Thank's for pointing that out Alexbee.
                                                            Last edited by tjsunray; 19 December 2009, 12:14 AM.

Comment

I have a question. somebody tried to enter this site with my account, but the wrong password. Is it possible to get these passwords (maybe the guys got the passwords from another site and thought , it would work here too) ?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X